5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Canon PowerShot SX500 IS Digital Camera - Black + Case and 16GB Memory Card (16.0 MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
Does everything I ask of it. Great camera, well designed, easy to hold and use in one hand. Picture quality amazing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little camera, 1 Mar 2013
The Canon SX500 camera is a neat, well made, easy to use small zoom camera. Results have been excellant and specification is comprehensive for price. I would have liked an automatically operated flash hood but I have soon got used to raising the flash hood manually, its key plus feature for me is its compact size. I tend to always buy Nikon cameras so it was interesting to buy my first Canon product - and I have been impressed with this lovely little camera. My only disappointment is that as far as I know Canon do not currently make a fitted leather case for this particular camera and users just have the choice of rather bulky 'universal' type fabric cases. if anyone knows of a leather case for this model I would like to know so I can purchase one.

My Amazon deal did include a fabric general use camera case which does the job but I really want a fitted purpose made leather case for this camera.

Overall I am delighted with the purchase and really like the camera. As usual from Amazon it arrived very quickly and expertly packed., .

5.0 out of 5 stars Newer Model SX510 supplied, 29 May 2014
John "J.B." (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
There are so many bridge cameras out there, it is hard to choose one over another. I took the plunge and bought this one after reading some of the reviews. When the camera arrived, however, it was the newer model supplied, the SX510. I was not given any explanation for this by the market place seller. The main difference being that the SX510 has 12 mega pixels as opposed to 16MP on the SX500. Very nice camera, not too big and bulky, and fits well into your hand. Very easy to set up with the quick start booklet provided, however, if you want a more in depth instruction manual, you will need to download one from the Canon website. It does not come with a USB to mini B cable to enable you to put your photographs onto a computer, but it does have Wi-Fi capability to enable you to transfer your pictures by this method instead. This particular package is a very good price as it also includes a camera case (soft & padded) and a 16Gb memory card. Delivery was quick and camera was well packaged. I won't go into the more technical aspects of this camera, as I am not a professional photographer just a keen amateur. I haven't printed off any of the photographs yet, so I cannot personally comment on the quality of the photographs, but on the camera they seem very sharp and clear, with the zoom being really good. I am very pleased with the whole package, in spite of not being informed about being sent a different model to the one I ordered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Camera, 24 Aug 2014
I love this little camera .... I hav moved on to a DSLR but still take pictures on this little fella. Takes really nice pics once you get your head around the settings but it is easy to use and you can also get lenses for it ....though I do advise to stay away from the digital toy shop :)