4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - don't bother with cheaper imitations.
I finally decided to buy this after having had a disastrous time with a cheaper imitation from China. I am pleased to report that this is worth the price for all the following reasons (all of which the cheap one failed on):-
1. The Tunebase unit fits securely into my car lighter (a Yaris) so that it doesn't swing around.
2. It holds the iPhone 5c securely WITH a...
Published 13 months ago by Rosemary Marks

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Build, Poor Quality.
Published 6 months ago by Rmm

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - don't bother with cheaper imitations., 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Belkin TuneBase Handsfree FM Transmitter with Lightning Connector for iPhone 5/5s (Accessory)
2. It holds the iPhone 5c securely WITH a cover on.
3. The Clearscan helpfully finds the best FM channel to use so you can then find this on your radio.
4. The sound quality is good (mind you, I am not fussy about this as long as I can hear clearly).
5. The charger works, and you can have the phone on charge and still happily listen to the car radio without a problem.

I have not yet used the device as a handsfree to have a conversation (and am fairly unlikely to), so can't comment on this.

I put off buying this for ages but am VERY glad that I finally succumbed and can now enjoy my audio books and music in the car whilst using my phone for Satnav and charging it up too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Build, Poor Quality., 18 Jan. 2015
I used the older one for My 4s which worked fine. This one is poorly designed. Firstly the dock is poorly designed for the lightening port. It doesn't take into account most iPhone covers have a narrow opening at the base for the lightning port. Nevertheless they do mention on the box " for best results use an iPhone without the cover". However my grudge with it started when it spontaneously started turning itself on and off. There was no loose contact and the phone was snug. Some days it would work fine and other days it would spontaneously turn off while the music was playing. I looked for online fixes and found no solutions. Thankfully they have a 2 year warranty, so I turned mine in. Wont be buying another one for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 14 Jan. 2014
I have an older car with no aux plug at all. I'm not interested in getting a new stereo but wanted to be able to listen to all the music I have on my iPhone without upgrading the stereo. This fits the bill. It allows me to play my music for myself without having to use earphones or play music for the kids when I'm travelling with them in the car. I've got a regular route into work and I've been able to figure out one radio station tuning that will take me all the way there and back without having to retune. That can be a problem on longer journeys but as long as you've someone else in the car (which is normally true when we travel as a family) that's not an issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product that works well, 8 July 2014
Good product that works well. Noticed interference when in big cities from other radio stations but works well most of the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, 5 Feb. 2014
I bought this to replace my faulty iphone charger/holder. I have had one of these before. My earlier one was very crackly and the cable became faulty, But this one is crackle free. Had to fiddle about a little with the adapter so I only have one insert left on it in order for it to fit wobble free but now works really well. Very easy to use, just wish it was a bit cheaper.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a shame I can't give half a star, 10 Jun. 2015
I saw this in Halfords and spoke with the salesman who gave me all the answers I wanted.

I came home and ordered what I thought was going to be a good edition to the car...

NO NO NO......
Call connection is rubbish politely putting it.
The cigarette holder thing doesn't not like to stay in, in Landrovers or Fords.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
perfect

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK - though does lose power every now and ..., 6 July 2014
Works OK - though does lose power every now and again & has to be reseated in the cars power socket

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother buying, 20 Mar. 2015
Rubbish. as soon as the phone is in, the weight of it pulls the handset down causing the bit that goes in the cigarette lighter to break and get stuck in it! Music quality awful too.

2.0 out of 5 stars No charge waste of my money, 5 July 2014
Bought this product to charge my phone !!! It doesn't and the sound quality is lacking clarity, why won't it charge my I phone 5 so very annoying and a waste of money to me.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›