5.0 out of 5 stars nikon camera
i was looking for a camera that was not to
big and you did not have to keep changing
the batteries this does all off those,at the
moment can,t find any faults.
Published on 9 April 2013 by ady

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it but it's not reliable
Published on 1 April 2013 by gillian hutton

5.0 out of 5 stars nikon camera, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S01 Compact Digital Camera - Silver (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD (Electronics)
i was looking for a camera that was not to
big and you did not have to keep changing
the batteries this does all off those,at the
moment can,t find any faults.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it but it's not reliable, 1 April 2013
The first one arrived faulty and it doesn't come with an instruction manual. Looked it up on Nikon site online and didn't give any explanation for the fault, red exclamation mark and message memory card will not format. Well as the card is an integral part of the camera I couldn't fixit. I rang Nikon and they advised me to return it to amazon. The second camera arrived very quickly and worked ok but now after 20 days the same fault has occurred on this camera so I am going to return it and not risk another one. It's a beautiful little camera and takes great pics but I will wait until the problems are ironed out before I risk another one. I have loads of photos on the camera which I am going to lose!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny camera... very good., 14 Nov. 2012
Mike J (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow... this camera is TINY! I have a Canon IXUS, known for being small, and this Nikon camera is a new kind of small. I have quite big hands, but I still found the camera easy to handle. You have power, shoot and review buttons on top, everything else is done via. the touch screen, which is more or less the whole back of the camera. The photo quality is all you would expect from a big name like Nikon, that's to say it's very good.

It's 10Mp, which is plenty. Built in storage allows 3100 photo's at max resolution, again, more than enough for most people, even on a long holiday. The battery life seems very good also, I can't quantify it in hours, but I've used it for long periods with no problems. Battery is built in, which is a down side, but understandable at this size.

The bad points...
* The optical zoom is only 3x, not great, but to be expected in such a small camera I guess.
* I did find the touch screen quite difficult to use and at times very unresponsive, maybe this is due to my big fingers, but I found it annoying at times.
* My personal preference is to take photos without flash, and it annoyed me that I couldn't permanently disable the flash, I had to jump in and do it each time I turned the camera on. Not the end of the world, but annoying all the same.

It comes with a charger, USB cable and wrist strap, but no case.

All in all, a great LITTLE camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolpix S01, 17 Jun. 2013
Great little cameral, love it, I would recommend it.
Nice and small to take everywhere, everyone comments on its size

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest camera, 8 July 2013
Brilliant camera. Does everything you would want. Took it to America and took wonderful photos and videos of Yellowstone Monument Valley and Grand Canyon. So small but really big on use. Very good value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Perfect but Picture Poor, 15 Mar. 2014
This is the ideal camera for a pocket or handbag, but
the picture is snapshot quality. I suspect the lens is not
up to the usual Nikon standard. Nevertheless it is good
value for money and meets my requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinky and beautiful., 9 Jun. 2013
G. Mcfarlane - See all my reviews
All in package. Internal memory and battery. Limited when compaired to larger cameras but all is forgiven with this smooth little beauty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but great for a carry around compact, 1 Feb. 2013
First of all you need to keep things in perspective --this is a tiny pocketable digital camera that can go anyhwere with you -and after all that's the point of photography with a compact camera isn't it? Something to carry with you wherever you go ? This is that camera -its tiny. Sure it won't take as good pictures as your large bulky expensive DSLR but its not trying to compete with that -its just a very small beautifully made compact camera that slips easily into your pocket, shirt sleeve or handbag. So don't expect it to take the same quality as your DSLR. That said -in fair to good light the pictures are great -low light -a little grainy. Very easy to use -turn on, take picture -job done. I've had many different cameras over the years including Leica, Olympus, Canon, Nikon digital and evern older medium format stuff like Bronica and Mamiya and the Blad -this will not take that kind of quality photo -BUT it will be instantly available and ready for that snap shot wherever you go -and to me thats worth the purchase price of this little Nikon. No SD card to worry about, No Battery to concern yourself with ( its in- built and not user replaceable -much like your iphone battery thats sealed in ) -Take picture plug in USB Lead to computer and it downloads instantly -simple.
I'm fussy about my photography and it grieves me that some Photographers whinge about the quaility of this little Nikon when they compare it to a normal size digital compact or full size DSLR. Its not the same and you cannot compare it. To me -it takes great photos -photos that you would probably have missed because you have left your camera at home -and yes its much better than a phone camera. For its size and price ( and Amazon is by far the cheapest at the time of writing this ) its super. Great photos, fast responsive controls, well made and simple and simply tiny. Fantastic -mine is white which looks cool. Don't blow up your photos too big and you will be delighted -be reasonable with your expectations and don't compare it to a DSLR and you will be happy. Its a great carry around anywhere tiny quality made camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolpix S01, 1 Jun. 2013
It is an excellent camera, and the the Coolpix name is very much suited to its character, I highly recomend it as an in your pocket daily travel camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little camera, 21 May 2013
Ok so there is no removable memory card or battery but for the price, around £86 at the time of writing, what is not to love about this tiny Nikon. I've got various sizes of Nikons from DSLR with multiple lenses down but the S01 is ideal to keep with you all the time for that lucky shot. Okay so your smartphone has a camera and if you are lucky to own a Galaxy S4 with 13 megapixels - no zoom though - then you might think you are already sorted but trust me. This camera is the dogs danglies