5.0 out of 5 stars nikon camera
i was looking for a camera that was not to
big and you did not have to keep changing
the batteries this does all off those,at the
moment can,t find any faults.
Published 15 months ago by ady

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it but it's not reliable
Published 15 months ago by gillian hutton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars nikon camera, 9 April 2013
i was looking for a camera that was not to
big and you did not have to keep changing
the batteries this does all off those,at the
moment can,t find any faults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolpix S01, 17 Jun 2013
Great little cameral, love it, I would recommend it.
Nice and small to take everywhere, everyone comments on its size

1.0 out of 5 stars Love it but it's not reliable, 1 April 2013
The first one arrived faulty and it doesn't come with an instruction manual. Looked it up on Nikon site online and didn't give any explanation for the fault, red exclamation mark and message memory card will not format. Well as the card is an integral part of the camera I couldn't fixit. I rang Nikon and they advised me to return it to amazon. The second camera arrived very quickly and worked ok but now after 20 days the same fault has occurred on this camera so I am going to return it and not risk another one. It's a beautiful little camera and takes great pics but I will wait until the problems are ironed out before I risk another one. I have loads of photos on the camera which I am going to lose!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny camera... very good., 14 Nov 2012
Mike J (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow... this camera is TINY! I have a Canon IXUS, known for being small, and this Nikon camera is a new kind of small. I have quite big hands, but I still found the camera easy to handle. You have power, shoot and review buttons on top, everything else is done via. the touch screen, which is more or less the whole back of the camera. The photo quality is all you would expect from a big name like Nikon, that's to say it's very good.

It's 10Mp, which is plenty. Built in storage allows 3100 photo's at max resolution, again, more than enough for most people, even on a long holiday. The battery life seems very good also, I can't quantify it in hours, but I've used it for long periods with no problems. Battery is built in, which is a down side, but understandable at this size.

The bad points...
* The optical zoom is only 3x, not great, but to be expected in such a small camera I guess.
* I did find the touch screen quite difficult to use and at times very unresponsive, maybe this is due to my big fingers, but I found it annoying at times.
* My personal preference is to take photos without flash, and it annoyed me that I couldn't permanently disable the flash, I had to jump in and do it each time I turned the camera on. Not the end of the world, but annoying all the same.

It comes with a charger, USB cable and wrist strap, but no case.

All in all, a great LITTLE camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Perfect but Picture Poor, 15 Mar 2014
This is the ideal camera for a pocket or handbag, but
the picture is snapshot quality. I suspect the lens is not
up to the usual Nikon standard. Nevertheless it is good
value for money and meets my requirements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinky and beautiful., 9 Jun 2013
G. Mcfarlane - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S01 Compact Digital Camera - Red (10.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD (Electronics)
All in package. Internal memory and battery. Limited when compaired to larger cameras but all is forgiven with this smooth little beauty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolest camera, 8 July 2013
Brilliant camera. Does everything you would want. Took it to America and took wonderful photos and videos of Yellowstone Monument Valley and Grand Canyon. So small but really big on use. Very good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coolpix S01, 1 Jun 2013
It is an excellent camera, and the the Coolpix name is very much suited to its character, I highly recomend it as an in your pocket daily travel camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really dinky camera packing powerful features., 9 Nov 2012
Karen Baxter (Wales UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow, I abosolutely love the Nikon 'Coolpix S01', not only does it look good but it is a dream to use also.

The camera comes boxed and includes a strap, ac adapter, usb cable, manual and warrenty.

So what's so amazing about the Coolpix S01?

Well, it's small, just 1.7 cm x 7.7 cm x 5.1 cm and weighs 95 g. Small enough to fit comfortably into the palm of your hand. The one I have received is a stunning sleek high gloss black design.

Being small you might think it lacks some of the features a larger camera might have, not so, features include 10.1 megapixels, a wide optical 3X Nikkor zoom, it is touch screen, it has an almost full size LCD screen of 6.2 cm and also the ability to record HD 720p movies.

How does it perform?

The touch screen has an aniti reflective coating which ensures perfect playback every time.

Navigagtion is a breeze with the onscreen customisable menus.

The camera has a very quick start up time and every function works within moments including a super fast auto focus which allows you to capture memories the minute they happen.

The 10 mp CCD image sensor and NIKKOR 3x optical zoom lens produces high quality images and movies everytime for printing out or displaying on screen (either camera or larger screens).

I am absolutely thrilled with the Coolpx S01, since owning the camera I have managed to photograph a birthday celebration with ease, fantastic outside shots and movies of our Jack Russell playing tag with the children including a fantastic shot of her falling into our fish pond whilst chasing a leaf.

This camera is easy to carry around with you and so quick to use, that it is perfect the those once in a lifetime shots that you just may miss otherwise.

10/10 score from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous little camera, 21 May 2013
Ok so there is no removable memory card or battery but for the price, around 86 at the time of writing, what is not to love about this tiny Nikon. I've got various sizes of Nikons from DSLR with multiple lenses down but the S01 is ideal to keep with you all the time for that lucky shot. Okay so your smartphone has a camera and if you are lucky to own a Galaxy S4 with 13 megapixels - no zoom though - then you might think you are already sorted but trust me. This camera is the dogs danglies

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›