5.0 out of 5 stars A cool pick.
For such a compact camera, there are a lot of features packed in. That said, it's totally user-friendly, intuitive and easy to use, even for beginners.

Published 18 months ago by Flickering Ember

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little camera with a couple of glaring problems
I'm not 100% sure how to review this camera as it takes really good pictures, is small and has a good optical zoom on it, but there are some problems for me (that other people will probably not care about).

Published 17 months ago by Russell G. Pottinger

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool pick., 24 Oct 2012
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The 16 megapixel CMOS sensor works in collaboration with the EXPEED processor and allows you to take clear, sharp photographs in any level of light...from a sunny day to a dusky evening...from a concert to a fireworks display. It allows just the right level of light and there's less glare and red eye than previous, similar cameras I have used, such as the Nikon Coolpix S220 Digital Camera - Black (10.0MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.5 inch LCD which I thought was rather good when I originally bought it!!

You can also select the scene mode yourself from a choice of 20, although generally I didn't feel this was necessary as the camera does automatically adjust itself according to the light settings surrounding it. However, the macro facility was useful as was the ability to photograph documents/written black and white. Further to this is its own Intelligent auto-focus system, which allows the camera to choose the clearest focus for the subject matter. This works even if the subject matter isn't in the centre of the frame.

The inbuilt vibration reduction is really useful for example when taking photographs or filming on a moving train or dancing around at a concert, and together with the Anti-blur high ISO, it ensures you take steadier photos than you'd think possible given your own motion!

Also worth a mention is the panorama option, which when compared with the Panorama option on my iPhone 5 camera, delivers a much smoother picture which doesn't look so much like several pictures cut and pasted together.

When it comes to filming, the HD quality is impressive for its size, and when said films are blown up, even on a projector to more than 100 inches, the clarity is crystal clear and doesn't suffer pixellation or graining, unlike other cameras I have tried. The large size of the touch-screen LCD screen is useful. There is a stylus included in the box, although I preferred to use my fingers.

The only slight issue I had was that I found the adapter slightly troublesome to assemble initially, although again, unlike my previous Coolpix camera, I welcomed the development which means you no longer have to remove the battery in order to charge it in a separate cradle - it is now possible to charge the battery still in situ in the camera. This is a big plus point.

Overall, a brilliant compact camera which has pride of place in my handbag for day-to-day use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Nikon..., 20 Dec 2012
Welsh Annie (Wetherby) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm not really much of a photographer - I travel a lot and take holiday snaps, and sometimes take photos of friends and family. For several years I've used a Nikon Coolpix with a lower specification, and I was delighted to get my hands on this superior model just before a holiday in India. For someone who just wants to carry a small camera where you can get away with just pointing and shooting, this camera really is perfection. It's so lovely not to have to change settings for anything - daytime photos are crisp and clear (and zooming is a cinch) and night-time flash photos are well lit and perfect. The video is HD quality + crisp even on a large screen, and the large viewing window seems to have a lot less shine in sunny conditions than other cameras I've used which is welcome. The filters and features are fun to play with, but I prefer to play with photos on my PC on return - the touch screen can be a little unresponsive, but making changes to pictures is pretty intuitive. The camera is light, small enough for pocket or handbag, but it feels and looks really sturdy. Must mention that SD card isn't included, but they're easily and cheaply available. I didn't recharge once during a fortnight's holiday (100+ pictures) and thought that was pretty impressive - and the plug in charger (to which you connect the camera) is light and easy to carry anyway. For its delivery on promise, this camera was five stars for me - well done Nikon.

5.0 out of 5 stars got it at a lightning deal, very good quality, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Nikon COOLPIX S6400 Compact Digital Camera - Purple (16MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
got it at a lightning deal. very good quality. light and easy to carry in a pocket. Although I already have some Nikon SLR, this mini ZLR still works for daily life when I do not carry my SLR.

The only drawback is the delivery as it was a prime delivery, ordered on Thursday night and got it on Monday. A bit slower than a regular Royal Mail delivery of other Amazon items most of which arrived right the next day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little camera with a couple of glaring problems, 7 Nov 2012
Russell G. Pottinger (Dundee) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

1st thing to note about the camera is how small and light it is. While thicker than a mobile phone it is smaller in footprint and will fit into your pocket easily. It is light enough that you don't really notice it and the battery seems to last for a significant period of time.

The pictures it takes right from zoomed out to zoomed in are bright and poppy, and it takes good indoor photos as well.

But i have issues with it:

Problem 1
The touch screen on the back is pretty poor. We are talking how phones used to be where you can take a few presses to get it to respond. Being used to the capacitive touch on my mobile, i think I would have preferred buttons.

Problem 2
Connectivity. If I take a picture on my mobile, when i get to a wifi area it uploads onto Dropbox and I can access it straight away. With this camera I need to use a cable, and it has to be its own Nikon cable as a standard micro usb connecter doesn't fit.

I see both of those things as the last gasp of old technology before things like the Samsung Galaxy Camera render it obsolete (although that specific one is double the price I forsee this causing big changes at the technology filters down).

However, if you don't care about connectivity or messing around with settings on the touch screen then you've got a good little point and shoot camera with 16MP sensor and 12x optical zoom, which is perfect for day to day use.

3.0 out of 5 stars okeyish, 10 April 2014
picture quality seems a bit better than the really cheap sony camera I had. but for the price its a average camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Compact, 30 Mar 2014
Had to purchase a new camera when my old one "disappeared" from my locked hotel room. I chose this camera because of the zoom and I love it. It takes great quality pictures, even on the auto setting. Really pleased with it, just tried it out at an indoor concert and the zoom was amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality (slow retake), 5 Mar 2014
Very good quality (anything else in 2014 would be a joke though). The retake is slow (seems to rely on the flash a lot).

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera, 14 Feb 2014
I brought this as an update for the coolpix i already had. I have not used all the features as yet but already it is so much better than my old one and takes such great pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast compact camera to take anywhere, 6 Feb 2014
ihave just bought and used this product for two months and love it as its so small I can put it in my top shirt pocket ready to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!!, 27 Jan 2014
I love my new camera.
The price was excellent and the size superb. Small and efficent.
The only limit is the manual that does not specify all the feature, probably for me that I need clearer explanation

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›