Price:£3.85+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 1 March 2016
Don't get me wrong, this shell looked very pretty on the Gro Egg and made a great night light style product. However, I was forced to return the shell along with the grow egg, as on cold nights the egg was showing that it was too hot and on cold nights it was showing that it was too hot. At first we thought we were going crazy, but after a few trials I found this was definitely the case.

The Gro Egg was sold to me and my partner (soon to be first time parents upon purchase) by a marketing campaign of fear; fear that without constant and to-the-degree monitoring our baby would suffer the ultimate tragedy and succumb to sudden infant death syndrome, on the basis that the infant can't regulate his own temperature.

If this was the case, our child would have died. Though selling an incorrectly calibrated product like this could have been incredibly dangerous for our child, our take away was not too replace it with a better thermometer, but to trust our instincts as parents.

Were it not for out instincts, we may have blindly followed what the Gro Egg said and wrapped our baby up even further while the radiator was up to full blast, or took layers off with the window open. Instead, we unplugged it and sent it back, relying on cues from the baby and sensible regulation of the room temperature, and even a little more skin to skin contact.
on 24 May 2013
It's simple and cute, gives my gro-egg a new look and its very easily slipped onto the gro-egg. Just lovely!
on 15 October 2012
Fits perfectly over the egg and adds a beautiful bit of whimsy to a very practical nursery item.

We have a woodland theme so this little owl fits in perfectly. It's a good price for something we will use for years.
on 12 November 2012
Ok, so this product isn't necessary at all, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw it! It's very cute, and looks much better than the plain gro-egg.
on 15 February 2016
I bought this to go with my 2nd gro egg. Out of the 3 designs I find the owl most pleasing to look at.
Bought at lightning deal but would have been OK to buy at full price.
on 25 October 2013
This was one of those completely unnecessary purchases that I found myself being unable to resist! It simply slides onto the top of the egg and fits snugly. I think the owl looks so much better than just the egg on its own and the Gro-Egg looks unbelievably cute.
on 16 July 2014
Such a cute addition to the nursery and really helpful colour-changing egg to show at a glance which temperature range the room is in. The digital display goes down to a tenth of a degree so you have real accuracy when choosing your little one's bedding.
on 8 October 2015
Firstly, you'll need a Gro-egg to use this product. This is a plastic shell which snugly fits over the Gro-egg, turning it into an attractive owl. While it's not a necessity, it does look very pretty for our little girls room.
on 30 June 2014
Very cute addition to any nursery. Completely frivolous and unnecessary addition to the gro egg but enhances the look of the gro egg without interfering with it's functionality. If you like owls then this is for you!
on 29 June 2014
Absolutely awesome, so easy to tell whether temp is good or not by colour rather than reading in middle of the night. Probably only negative would be light is quite bright but is handy for getting to bubs in night.