5.0 out of 5 stars Saves on ransom, if a little fiddly
This came surprisingly fast, I opened it up, it felt solid and I figured it give me something to fiddle with throughout the course of the day. I slipped it in the change pocket of my trousers, since it seemed like a good fit. Little did I know how handy it would be.

Published 4 months ago by Adam Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions
Sadly my Mandarin is rubbish so can not read the instructions to what does what and I have to grind down the blade as totally blunt.
Published 13 months ago by T E Ridgway

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves on ransom, if a little fiddly, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Mini Multifunctional Outdoor folding foldable tableware cutlery Knife Spoon Fork Set Camping Tools (Misc.)

As I stepped out the door a silk bag was slid over my head, I was bound and thrown in a van, at some point I must have passed out. I awoke starving and tied to a pillar in a really rather nice basement workshop/man cave. As I gazed around the room the piles of balsa wood and the kite string binding me made it clear that the kite club had taken their next hostage.

I was fairly dubious of hoping, the kite club had taken me with good reason, having close ties with several local fabric importers and manufacturers. As I squirmed around in an attempt to lessen the misery of having numb butt cheeks I felt my new purchase, they must have missed it.

After a great deal of gymnastics, I got the multi tool in my hand, the not particularly sharp knife made short work of the kite string, I wasn't free but by god was it good to stand, I took stock of my surroundings, spying a cache of beer and food, mostly cans, sachets and a couple of pot noodles but still food, I leapt upon a can of Branston Macaroni and Cheese, much as I love it, Heinz have a ring pull, then again Heinz don't stack as well, oh to each his own I guess.

The can opener seemed like a hopeless proposition when the tool had arrived, how wrong I was, apart from the truly diabolical positioning relative to the saw it was really easy to use, it cut in to the can extremely well and while fiddly, it was better than the majority of can openers on multi tools. The bottle opener was effective and the thing didn't bend, it's really very solid.

Having enjoyed my ill gained refreshments, something I felt little guilt over, given my status as captive and the truly awful hosting my kidnappers had so far displayed I began to consider escaping, a small window looked promising until I inspected it to find it bolted shut, while considering the odd logic of putting bolts through a window frame - I suppose they're trying to deter this sort of behaviour - I gave the spanner a go, this turned out to be a spectacularly fiddly experience, one that tried my patience to the extreme. By the time I had removed the bolts from the window I had made a large dent in my captors beer supply, perhaps an unwise decision, though one I stand by.

I crawled through the window to see freedom before me, before realising I was doing it I was pelting across the lawn towards the road, I saw a flash of colour, another, string closing in. I was soon felled by a guard kite.

Given my position kicking, crushing, even just rolling over on the balsa wood frame would likely have given me my chance to abscond but between the beer and my judgement I landed on the theory that the 11 in 1 had been more reliable than myself so far today.

The saw cut through the balsa neatly and fast, granted I'd say any wood more resilient, even some ambitious polystyrene may prove to be difficult.

Having made it to the main road I was rather surprised to find that I was close to my house, while excellent at the abduction part of kidnapping it would appear that the kite club were rather poor at planning practically. I suppose the fact that I escaped with a 56p multi tool should have already made that clear.

Upon returning to home I found that they had chucked all my belongings on my coffee table in an oddly considerate move, less considerate was the vast quantity of muck they had trekked in to the house.

My Dyson's floor brush turned out to be jammed with my girlfriends ridiculously long and giant hair, obviously I'd have to clean up before inviting the authorities over to hear my tale of woe, this would mean deal with the stupid locking screws on the bottom, really giant flatheads made of plastic, which are easy to ruin. Once again this little tool saved the day, the screwdriver is perfect for them.

Having cleaned up, had some policemen round and relaxed a little I made some pasta.

The slot in the multi tool was still a mystery to me, it still is but I do know you can shave parmesan cheese over pasta with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy bottle opener and backup multi tool, 4 May 2014
Charles - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
After reading about this tool in the book "Cool Tools" I could not resist buying one because of the cheap price.

The delivery was quite slow(maybe two weeks or more) as it was shipped from Hong Kong.

First impressions are that it is smaller than I expected and made from decent quality steel.

The supplied instructions are not much use as they are all in Chinese, but you can look up how to use it on YouTube.

The design of the tool suggests to me this is a bottle opener with some handy extra features, as a bottle opener it works well.

I have used the can opener to open a can, a proper can opener is miles better but this does the job.

The knife is good enough to cut string, paper, and cardboard.

I tried using the screwdriver on small screws but the screwdriver could not reach far enough into the recess where the screw was.

I have cut through cardboard with the saw.

When using this tool, care must be taken not to place you fingers/thumb on the sharp parts (like the saw or knife), but if you do you're unlikely to be cut (because they are not that sharp), but it will be uncomfortable.

I have not used the other features.

I would consider this to be a bottle opener with some handy multi tool features that could be useful in a emergency where you don't have your main multi tool, as a normal bottle opener costs at least as much as this you're getting the extra features for free, making this a cheap and easy to carry bargain and I am very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 17 April 2013
It's exactly what it says on the tin
Useful just to have in your pocket or wallet
If I had to say something negative it would be that the blade is a little dull out of the packet, however this is probably a safety precaution and it is easy to sharpen. I carry it with me almost everywhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions, 17 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 3 Feb 2014
Very pleased with this item, fits in my wallet perfectly, and it is chunkier than expected.
Quite good quality metal. The only downfall is the angle of the blade does nothing for cutting or skimming. But what do you expect from a multi tool which is practically free!
Excellent stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars As the packet says, 9 Jan 2014
I reccommend this as it fits neatly into the wallet and shouldn't raise a fuss with the law- unlike my perception of other items we might buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal pocket piece., 29 April 2014
I like this, it is compact but works. You can tuck this away in your rucksack or pocket. If you need a bottle opener or a carton opener. great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made of thick metal., 16 Jun 2014
Postage a bit slow but it arrived.

This is much better than some of the cheap thin metal ones out there, The edges are sharp where they should be. The only down side is that the instructions are in Chinese which I suppose is better than a bad translation into English. Let the guessing begin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Little Toy, 28 April 2014
excellent for the price, nice hand little tool, fits in your wallet. seems sturdy enough. and who can argue for the price

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 3 Feb 2014
Great tool that actually works, at a price that cannot be argued with! My only concern is with the reduction in the thickness of the tool, ( less steel, ) I would prefer to pay a little more, than lose some strength.