5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product
I bought the camera to do some shootings on my holidays. This camera comes with an impressive 16x optical zoom which can be extended to 21x primary and up to 64x digital zoom without a significant compromise of quality. This is because of the high-sensitivity CMOS sensor. which works very well under low light conditions as well.
The camera has sacrificed a lot of...
Published 9 months ago by Shasha

2.0 out of 5 stars what I most disliked about the cannon SX160 IS
I liked the design and features however having read other reviews, I felt skeptical about buying this product.
Sometimes reviewers can be over critical so I went ahead with the purchase.
Published 7 months ago by Udabuoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Canon Powershot SX160 IS ( 16.6 MP,16 x Optical Zoom,3 -inch LCD ) (Camera)
The camera has sacrificed a lot of cosmetic features to deliver a better performance. It does not look cheap or too girlish. it comes with a multi tasking jog wheel for selections of options and changing settings instantly. This option is very user friendly. Although the camera is not highly sophisticated such as a DSLR, it is more closer to a DSLR than a simple point and shoot compact. There are lots of functions and settings which allow you to match it with your shooting preferences. The camera is heavy and a bit bulky. The images are of great quality for a compact camera. Zooming is faster than previous models.
The image stabilizer is a great function which allows you to take unblurred shots especially when a high zoom is used.

One slight issue is the flasher which takes a few seconds to charge (similar to old cameras) so if you want to take a shot immediately with auto flasher mode, the camera will usually take some time (3-5 s) to charge the flasher before it takes the shot.
But this is not a big issue if you select low flash levels.

As an overall view, the SX 160 IS an absolutely great piece of equipment to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera for money., 9 Oct 2013
Great camera for the money, I am very impressed with the quality of the pictures. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome buy!, 31 Oct 2013
Terrific camera....great price....excellent quality. Would buy from these people again!
Canon always seems to be a reliable and satisfying product regardless

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon digtal compact camera., 6 Dec 2013
The Canon Powershot SX160 IS, is without doubt one of the best, if not the best camera, I have ever owned and I have had quite a few over the years,from SLR 35mm to compact 35mm camera and then on to digital compact cameras. For the price I paid for it,which was only 69.99 including VAT, it was a real bargain. It has so many features and all kinds of effects and if you are savvy with photography, you can use manual focus as compared to other modes,and choose either shutter speed priorty or aperture priorty to get your desired image. It also has slow sync flash,for getting much better images of your subject in low light,say in a large room,where using slow sync flash, where the shutter speed is slower so that more of the dark background is brighter in the image. I could go on and on, but suffice for me to say, if you want a great camera with great images, loads of features, this is the camera for you.Happy Snapping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Oct 2013
Very happy with this camera. Good picture quality and the colour balance I have come to expect from Canon. Movie quality pretty good too. This is a total bargain now at the price presumably because there is a new model. I prefer the way this uses AA batteries because I have loads of them and also when either the camera or the batteries die, I don't have to throw the other away if that makes sense. Happy here. Better low light performance would be good but I appreciate I'd have to pay for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 July 2013
I'm by no means a techno nerd or camera freak so the fact that I've been able to master this so quickly says volumes for the designers. It takes great pictures. All in all, I'm delighted! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Dec 2013
A camera is good, considering its price. It would take perfect picture when there is enough light and a tripod. However, it consumes so much battery. Better invest in a good pair of rechargeable batteries when it comes to this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 15 Feb 2014
A little bit confusing setting up initially, made worse by having to put the manual on to my computer.
There are a lot of pages in the manual, to many to print, a printed manual should be supplied with the camera.
The Camera works well I am glad I purchased this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars what I most disliked about the cannon SX160 IS, 2 Dec 2013
Sometimes reviewers can be over critical so I went ahead with the purchase.
I must say the issue with battery life was spot on in the sense that after 20 or so shots the life of the battery had practically been depleted. NOT GOOD! I bought this product specifically for our family holiday. We ended taking photos on our mobile phones.
The several seconds of flash recharge was also a nuisance and embarrassing when you ask people to take photos of you and your family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for Grandpa, 23 Jun 2013
A. J. Merton (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
Super little powershot with a high-end feel. Fits in hand comfortably and feels secure. Purchased as a Birthday present for Grandpa; and he seems pretty pleased with it. Cracking images, although IMHO the viewfinder/screen can get a little busy when framing shots; focus matrix can be irritating.