Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 April 2002
A Charlie Brown Christmas is the combination of classic Christmas songs with the unmistakeable musical Genius of Vince Guaraldi. Including music from songs such as 'O Tannenbaum', Guaruldi creates a Christmas album with a touch of class. The instrumental versions of Christmas classics allow you to be festive without feeling that in some way you are embarressing yourself. The Jazz flavours of the album are a delight to listen to and the ideal musical accompanyment while decorating your tree. Dont be in anyway be put off by the inclusion of Charlie Brown in the title, the album is fantastic, alowing you to reminiss about your childhood years whilst maintaining your,(for want of a better word)dignity. An absolute must.
on 11 May 2005
This wonderful CD contains twelve great tunes, twelve great memories, from the 1965 cartoon classic - A Charlie Brown Christmas. Originally put out in 1985, this CD (with a running time of about 40 minutes) is an excellent addition to your collection of Christmas music CDs, or even just for its own sake. My children love hearing the cartoon music again, and we listen to it quite often in the car. But, even more than that, this music is great for Christmas mood music, and I recently had it playing in the background for a Christmas party I hosted.
So, if you are looking for a great Christmas purchase, then this is the one to make. My family and I love this CD, and highly recommend it to you and yours!
on 18 November 2007
Pretty much all that needs be said about this timeless collection of music has already been said. Now, it's for the playing. Wonderful accompaniment, of course, to the creation of Charles Schulz' "A Charlie Brown Christmas" tv special, this recording also shines on its own. From the first note on the album, the Vince Guaraldi Trio bring to life the joy and wonder of Christmastime. Fun for all ages - and the ages.
VINE VOICEon 25 December 2015
I suppose of all the many Peanuts albums out there this one would be considered the most essential. A perfect blend of classical, Christmas, and Jazz this is definitely something you need to give an Xmas Day spin. Shroeder's affinity for Beethoven gives the album a natural gravitation towards classical and there is a version of Für Elise on Side B. A Charlie Brown Christmas is one of those albums that fits a peaceful household wishing to avoid ostentatious celebration with tunes just as iconic as the TV special it accompanies but without the overdone pop-culture abrasiveness of Jingle Bells. The album has went Triple-Platinum since its release and with good reason.

The vinyl is a 180-gram and is colored green. It's also a much better album than Charlie Brown's Holiday Hits, which I reckon you should give a miss.
on 11 February 2013
I can't recall exactly how old I was the first time I saw "A Charlie Brown Christmas", maybe 8 or 9, but I became obsessed with all the characters, the great storyline, and of course the musical score. It was most definitely my first foray into jazz/jazz style music. Still loving this cd, and jazz music, some 30+ years on. A great alternative to traditional Christmas music that remains timeless.
on 12 February 2014
Love Peanuts and this is a great album for christmas. Its remastered but I haven't heard the old one to compare. Sounds great though and really clear on my B&O dock.
The packaging is awesome too, comes with Snoopy's dog house and cardboard cut outs of some of the characters. Very festive.
on 3 December 2011
This music collection by the very talented Vince Guaraldi evokes the friendship and warmth we ought to have in our lives, especially with Christmas nearing, it is particularly resonating.
on 7 February 2014
I really enjoyed listening to this album over the holidays, for an 'alternative' christmas album it really does a great job in making you feel nice and Christmassy!
on 11 December 2009
Vince Guaraldi's perfect accompaniment to Christmas.......Do you remember watching 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'-usually on BBC2 around Christmas Eve??Nostalgia for every child of the 70's and 80's.......A little sad in places, but fantistic festive merriment...Expert jazz musicianship,featuring all the songs from the Charlie Brown special are here!
Prepare to feel warm and fuzzy..........'Christmas time is here'.......!
on 4 February 2016
I dont know much about Jazz, but I grew up seeing Peanuts in Norwegian cinemas and my dad reading the Peanuts strip for me when I was little. I love Christmas and soothing music. This has the Christmas mood and a lovely relaxing groove almost. I own both the CD and green colour Vinyl album.

Wonderful Christmastime guaranteed!