Format: Audio CD|Change

on 11 February 2013
After seeing the film twice in the cinema in the week of release, my wife and I couldn't get the songs out of our heads - which was pretty frustrating until we had the soundtrack to sing along to properly. I agree with others that It is a shame that Becca's mixes are missing and that they did not do a version of Titanium for the soundtrack, however there are some great arrangements and vocals on here and I am still glad to have bought this. Looking forward to the film's sequel...
on 15 February 2013
This is absolutely amazing! First of all, I should say that I watched the movie 3 times in the cinema (and I've preordered the DVD) and the soundtrack is perfect. Most of the fabulous songs are on here and it's definitely worth a buy if you love the movie!
on 28 January 2013
I loved the film and bought the soundtrack. Unlike other film soundtracks it does include some of the smaller songs that I often like and are omitted on the albums. So you will not be disappointed.
on 19 November 2014
Great CD from the hilarious and talented film: Pitch Perfect.

This is the recording studio version, as there are some differences to the film,
-A few of the voices are missing i.e. in the song Since U Been Gone, the deep opera singer isn't in it. Also in Rip off they have excluded (Thankfully) the stoned girl which does a solo and ruins the rip off. so this studio version is better.
-Also they've added the backing tune to when Anna Kendrick starts rapping in the rip - so it flows better.
-You don't get some of the background noises i.e. when someone in the crowd shouts 'AMY' in the film half way through a song when the Bellas are on stage, it isn't heard on this track. (I kind of miss the rawness of the background noises but that's just me and this version probably is crisper.)

One song excluded i was sad not to see was the Titanium/Bulletproof rendition, however all in all a very good buy and very addictive. If you love the film you will love this.
on 15 February 2014
The CD is good, but its overall duration is very short. The songs form the film are very catchy and it would've been nice if they'd recorded a few more for the soundtrack. I don't feel that this disc is good value for money, I suggest you wait for a bargain basement purchase.
on 22 September 2013
If you love the movie, you'll love this soundtrack!

The only annoying thing is that the Riff Off track isn't the one from the film; it's one recorded specifically for the soundtrack, so Anna Kendrick has backing to her rapping which starts before she raps which takes away from the brilliance of the original Riff Off. 'Since U Been Gone' is also different from the film as only two of the actors sing on it (though its still great). Cups is the film version which is great but Titanium is missing. :(

But it's still a brilliant soundtrack, just could be more brilliant...
on 23 November 2012
Faithful reproduction of the songs and music in the movie including some of the instrumental tracks. Really enjoyed the accapella singing!
on 3 February 2016
I love all the pitch perfect movies. Like, LOVE them! I purchased the soundtrack to both and have got it on repeat in my car.

The soundtrack features all the songs from the film and I have been listening to it non stop since I purchased it.

I can now be found practising my harmonies and rocking out at traffic lights.

It's a small price to pay for a lively commute to work
on 5 January 2013
Loved the film and all the songs featured on the film, so bought all songs soon after seeing film .
on 19 August 2013
The music on this album is great!... It's just that its not the same as in the film, they're completely different recordings (one notable example being female voices during a Treblemakers song) and what for? It adds nothing extra, and in fact takes away from the story in some places!
For the most part the songs are in the order they come in the film, with the exception of the extras on the end, but there's one or two in the wrong place, again for no obvious reason!
All in all some good music, but it's lost the magic, sadly...