on 24 February 2013
This is really good fun online. I recommend getting the premium edition because of all the addons like weapons, maps, game modes ext. come with it. The only thing I don't like is the 2 gig update. If your internet connection goes you have to start aaaaalll over again. Very frustrating if your internet connection isn't very good but you only have to do it once so all good :).

Either way this is great fun online. Game modes and maps keep the game constantly changing from fast paced to slow paced and obviously you end up with favorite game modes. The servers are generally really good too, if you know where to look. Quick match will put you straight in a game and you get given the rules of the server when you join. A lot of them say "NO C4, NO SHOTGUNS, NO STINGERS" which I think ruins the game really so it's best to just search for a server because it'll tell you what the rules are when you select it. I love the servers with extra tickets like %300 or whatever, just because I love long games really.

I wouldn't get the game for the single player campaign though. It's okay, but just the same old thing with a better physics engine and graphics in my opinion. Found it pretty boring so I didn't finish it.
on 24 April 2013
I bought this on Greenman Gaming as they offered the best deal (£30 FTW)
I was a regular Call of Duty player until my friends FINALLY convinced me to jump on to Battlefield and since I've started I've never looked back.
To be honest Call of Duty has been roughly unchanged since (the amazing and still my favourite) COD4 and although I didn't want to admit it... I was beginning to get tired of the same formulae. I did buy Black Ops 2 (which is the best COD since 4 IMO) but haven't played it since I got Battlefield 3. The sheer variety of ways you can play the game is outstanding!
I for one prefer urban warfare but there's maps for everybody and they even have the Close Quarters DLC (free on the Premium Edition) which resembles Call of Duty's breakneck frantic pace except with all added pros (minus vehicles and air crafts) of Battlefield.

It's even better with friends as communication has a big influence on whether you win or lose so I would definitely recommend playing this game with a mic (if you haven't got one already)

I did originally buy this in order to get in some practice before the release of Battlefield 4 on PS4 but I'll most definitely be playing this up until it's release.

In all, if you're tired of the same old Call of Duty and want something new then give Battlefield a chance!
on 5 December 2014
Even after 3 years, BF3 is still going strong with dozens of full servers. That is a testament to the design and build of the game, especially as BF4 has been out for nearly a year now. With Premium you are receiving in essence Battlefield 3 'The complete edition' every DLC is here, which adds up to a staggering 29 maps. an assortment of weapons and vehicles are included in these DLC's from Heavily armored tanks, Jets and helicopters, to specialized weapons like a crossbow. The sheer variety of the gameplay in BF3 is what sets it apart from other shooters, every engagement is different whether you are fighting close quarters on Operation metro, engaging in tank battles on Bandaar desert to aiming a sniper shot at 400+ meters. You can play it your way. The dynamics of BF3 means it is best played in a squad, where you team up with 3 other players and work towards the objective (headsets are recommended) as the multiplayer truly comes to life when you are working with a group, healing an injured teammate, resupplying ammo, repairing a vehicle, all cooperative actions add to your score and are rewarded with prizes, cammo skins for weapons etc.

I could go on all day but imo Battlefield 3 is one of the best games of any console generation, and a must buy
on 23 April 2014
what a fantastic game,bargain price for premium,great seller,this game has huge maps,perfect for my husband as he likes sniping,you can also drive tanks,helicopters boats,etc,so different from all the call of dutys,but if you play online beware that some spoilsport servers can kick you from a game and also ban you for nothing if you get to good for them,thats the only downside,to a massive game and levels.
on 16 August 2013
Totally addicted. I don't like to compare because I was a fan of COD series for many years but the multiplayer of BF3 is way better. I bought this edition because of expansions that are great. More maps, more fun. I had the free download of Playstation Plus. Even though I had to buy this! EDIT: and the downloads code did work.
on 12 July 2014
I was worried that so many buyers of BF3 Premium packs receive them only to find the code has been used/hacked somehow. The code included in this was intact and worked perfectly (already had the base game).

The added servers and games are still well populated and worth the money to buy.
on 5 September 2013
This is undoubtably the Best shooter game for the PS3. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (PS3), is the must have for any avid PS3 console gamer. The Premium Edition comes with all the extras, to give you the the edge when in online combat!!
on 15 March 2014
Battlefield 3 was the first game of this series that I played online multiplayer. I also have this game on PC and have reached maximum scores. It has the edge on Battlefield 4 in my opinion.
on 20 March 2013
BF3 is a great game and I would give it a 5/5 stars, however, I am also rating the product that I specifically received. I ordered this premium so that I could have all of the DLC, but my redeem code was invalid, saying that it had already been used, even though I had gotten the code from a sealed copy of BF3. I then asked Amazon if they could send me a replacement, so they did, and now the replacement code is just the same as the one before, "This Playstation Network Card has already been used".
I cannot see how this is Amazon's fault as these are sealed copies, so what the hell is going on with these redeem codes? Paying £40 for BF3 without a working Premium code is not at all right.
1313 comments|10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2013
The game of every gamer who wants to put them self's into the boots of fighting against the enemy! I bought this and i'm completely happy with for the price I paid.