4.0 out of 5 stars On the Trail or on the Beach, with Timberland.
I had been very happy with North Face sandals, but the last pair I bought were a bit tight and I tried these from Timberland in a 10.5, given that I normally wear size 10 for shoes. I have found that as others have said, these are quite stiff to start with and they need a fair amount of time to break them in, but then they do feel wider and more comfortable.

I...
Published 1 month ago by Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sandal but falling apart
I've had timberland sandals before and my last pair lasted for more than 5 years. They were the same style with a back, arch and toe straps. I took them up hills including the Lake District and Brecons.

Published 28 days ago by Mr K H Latchman

4.0 out of 5 stars On the Trail or on the Beach, with Timberland., 2 Jun 2014
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I like this kind of sandal for the Summer as it allows you to walk on the beach and not worry about getting your feet wet. On shingle beaches in particular, I find these are invaluable, as you can walk across small stones and then into the sea, without hurting your feet or the sandals.

The other thing I like about these is that there is quite a lot of adjustment avalilable in the velcro straps. So, when you need a solid base for walking, then you can pull the straps tight to give you more security and grip. But when you want to relax by the sea, for example - you can loosen the straps and make them more comfortable.

All in all I have been fairly happy with these - the soles are very sturdy and offer a lot of grip, as well as a fair amount of comfort on rough terrain. The straps can be a bit "scratchy" at first, but after the sandals have been worn in for a few weeks, they start to become much more comfortable overall.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, 8 July 2014
Sandals had to be returned as they were too as all if they did a size 13 they would have been fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comfort, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Timberland Men's Granite Trailway Sandals (Apparel)
Excellent comfort, light and a good grip

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sandal but falling apart, 23 Jun 2014

I was very pleased with my replacements which I bought in April until this weekend (June) when I noticed the back strap about to give way. I only wear the sandals at weekends and so I'm disappointed by the quality of this pair.

In sum, good comfortable sandals but poor build leaving me to have to fork out for a second pair of sandals within the same summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trails, 30 May 2014
I need good trails to wear in the summer, because I usually use them, when i walk trough rocky water courses.
This model is perfect for that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too narrow, 24 May 2014
S. Leneghan - See all my reviews
The sandals were too narrow for my husbands feet, so they had to go back...I got the refund very quickly, which is good

2.0 out of 5 stars return, 23 May 2014
I am sure that what they sent me was a size 9
in a size 10 box so I had to return it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual Timberland quality, 1 April 2014
Got these half-price at about 25, thinking I'd get a bargain, and they seem overpriced at that.
Not only are they stiff and uncomfortable, the quality is clearly several levels below what I'm used to from Timberland. I have an old pair of Timberland sandals, leather uppers same as these, which are so much better than these, though after ten years of use they are on their way out.
I would say avoid these - you can find better cheap sandals for 10 - 15 elsewhere. If you want a cheap pair, that is.
If you're looking for real quality and comfort, these certainly don't qualify.

4.0 out of 5 stars I LIKE THEESE, 21 Nov 2013
This review is from: Timberland Men's Granite Trailway Sandals (Apparel)
theese fit well and are definately worth the extra money you pay as i do find other types are definately inferier

3.0 out of 5 stars stiff to start, 7 Sep 2013
they are a bit stiff to start but by the end of my holiday they were worn in. only complaint is the glue has already failed where the straps meet the sole, however it looks well stitched so I don't imaging they will fail completely. Not a patch on my original O'Neil's at twice the price.
however if they last as long I will give them five stars!