5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for a low price
This is a superb product. It's solid, doesn't feel like it'll fall apart and more importantly it holds my phone regardless of how bumpy the journey. Too stuff.
Published 20 months ago by Kris Tearse

1.0 out of 5 stars pain in the arse.
Published 11 months ago by EmmaFurness

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for a low price, 11 Nov. 2013
Kris Tearse "Monte Kristo" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GreatShield Windshield Dashboard Universal Smart Holster Car Mount for Samsung Galaxy S4/S3/S3 Mini, Note 3, Blackberry Z10/Q10, iPhone 5/5S/5C/4S, Google Nexus 4, HTC One, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z and Nokia Lumia 1080/920/925/928/720/700/520/500, GPS/Satnav and other Devices (Accessory)

1.0 out of 5 stars pain in the arse., 27 July 2014
I brought this due to good reviews, the sticky pad to put it on the dash of the car does not work I used it once and it fell off as I was driving, I was lucky it did not smash my iPhone screen!!! so I now can only use it on the windscreen but it is still hard to get it to stick on there and has left an awful mess on it my sat nav does not make this much mess.. it is also hard to get my phone to clip in and it wobbles around loads and does not bend to the shape of my window screen. it is ok for now but it is a pain in the arse and i will have to buy a better one soon before it damages my phone or window!

5.0 out of 5 stars phone holder, 7 Sept. 2013
It's brilliant, it stands out of the way on my window and the grip is very strong, I am very pleased with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and smart, could've been 5*, 16 Aug. 2013
The item arrived fast, 5* for that.
Simplicity of design, 5*
Suction, 4*
Functionality, 4*
input and output of device 4*

Yes, I like the product, but the socket joints used to swivel it on 360 degree can be quite loose and with the weight of the phone, it tend to go out of place(bend down) I tried to fix or tighten the screw but with a little help and I think it would still be loose again in due time.
The Suction was great, esp with the help of the fix-plate. Otherwise it can't be use on a dashboard even if the surface is flat and has a bit of texture on it. Windshield fixing was good option too, if it wont be too far away from you since this product has a short neck/joint to come any closer too your face, but wasn't a problem for me.
Take extra care when putting the device/mobile phone, as the thing holding it was quite stiff and can scratch the sides of the phone if not using a case protector but once put properly it stays put and has a cushiony protection inside.

What I love about the product was the simplicity of design, Foldability, Manoeuvrability, price and delivery
bit on down side is the stability of the socket joint and stiff teeth handle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great design concept, let down by one flaw, 17 July 2013
Purchased for my Galaxy S4 for use as a windscreen mount (optional dash mount is provided and is a great addition to the value of the product)

Pros:
Company were prompt and courteous to respond to my email which goes along way these days.
The aesthetic design of the product is fantastic, it can be folded up when not in use and thus is unobtrusive.
Variable grip support means that if any phone can be used and a replacement holder will not be required.
Another positive to the variable grip is the phone does not need to be removed from its case, as would generally be required with a custom holder.
The ball join socket allows great flexibility to position your phone as you wish

Cons:
However, the ball joint also provide a challenge to the design, for what I would say is the main design flaw, namely
The ball socket does not seem strong enough to support the weight of my phone and thus the phone is wobbling on its vertical plane (safe and will not fall out, but distracting as its moving). On bumpy roads the phone will end up angling downwards as the issue of wobbling is amplified. Thus, to alleviate both symptoms, I have to have the phone resting on the dashboard to keep it level, thus prevents charging if using it as a sat nav.

Overall:
You need to decide if the pros outweigh the cons. For my general everyday use, the looks and design do outweigh the issue of the ball joint. If you are someone who needs a sat nav then you will need to use the phone in landscape. The phone as well does not extend a large amount beyond the dashboard, this is not a con, it's the design, but again if you intend to charge your phone you would need to use the included desk mount adaptor instead of windscreen mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 15 Aug. 2013
its perfect i have put the sticky pad on my dash and it dosnt budge so there is no chance that it will fall off

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Sept. 2013
Very compact and light. Fixes easily to windscreen. Adjusts to any angle and is very stable. I can use a number of different devices with it
Very happy with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vibrates too much, 23 April 2014
Bought for holding my small smartphone (Experia E) to use the "daily road" app. It sticks to the windscreen like glue but there is too much play on the bit that holds the phone and it vibrates like mad! Same would be for the sat nav app so I'm looking for another product . Probably OK if all you want it to do is hold a smartphone somewhere within easy reach.

5.0 out of 5 stars over achiever, 1 Dec. 2013
For a little thing its brilliant. It sticks to windscreen like glue. I use it in both my car and truck so its in out every day. Most of the other types I have had just break. This is a sturdy Peice of kit. Allows you to put your phone in any position you could possibly need. Only thing I would comment on as a bit of a downer, and thats only cos I take it in and out a lot is the little rubber grip to remove it is not long enough. But no matter I will be buying another to go in my truck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product for the price, 23 Feb. 2014
Joel T. Cowdroy (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a much flimsier model and it does feel sturdier in most respects. It grips the windscreen snugly and the retractable arm which means it fits differently sized devices works well, my only gripe being it can be a bit awkward to get your phone in since you need to physically extend the arm whilst also placing the device.

I've also noticed on my initial use that unless the device is resting against something( such as the dashboard) it tends to wobble about a bit during motion. This could be due to the size of the device in question as I'm using the Galaxy S4 in a case, which is rather heavy I guess compared to some, but I did have to pull over and readjust as the wobble was seriously distracting.

Overall though this is a decent product given a bit of careful positioning, The extendable arm is great for swapping out different sized devices and though sometimes awkward to fit they will sit there very snug and safe once locked in. The arm is very flexible, if only a tad unstable if not supported, at least with larger devices, and the part that grips your phone also rotates 360 degrees so you can have it facing any way you like with ease.

The only area I can't comment on is the durability of the dash mount(basically a bit of plastic with a sticky pad on one side) since for me the bottom corner of the windshield is the ideal place for it.