4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
Usually, I only read detective fiction, so this was a complete change for me. What Sophie King does best, is to create believable characters that you actually grow to care about. This makes very enjoyable reading and had me reading into the wee hours. Get this if you want to enjoy a lighthearted book with the 'Hey, that's me!' factor.
Published on 13 Sep 2012 by V.L. Bettag

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work
A little disappointing. Firstly there were too many characters so it was hard to keep track and also I was expecting each character to intertwine with each other but they didn't. Also ended abruptly.
Published 23 months ago by Marie

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 13 Sep 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars The School Run, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this and seeing how the characters develop and are all interwoven. A few surprises on the way! I couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work, 4 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't understand the 5 stars!, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
I consider myself a prolific reader and had high hopes for this book after reading reviews. It is actually a very poor novel. There are far too many characters and their Children to keep up with. There were some pages that had several paragraphs, each about a different character, but you had to work out who was written about for each one. The 'gripping' part in the middle, wasn't at all and was very far fetched and shoe horned in. It was all very very dull and I only finished it as I hate stopping books part way through. The abrupt end was odd and I liked the characters no more than when I started the book. I can only assume those who rated 5 stars don't read very often.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bitsy, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
Not really my bag - confusing!
Wasn't sure who was being spoken about,couldn't really get into the book felt like too much going on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a must have read, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
Quite a good story but the disjointed writing made it difficult to follow at times - it needed a lot of going back to remember who the characters were and this is difficult n a Kindle!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, 29 Oct 2012
MrsLouP (Swindon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
This book came up as one of my recommendations so I thought I would give it a go, and I did enjoy it, a very easy read.

I liked most of the characters although some were nicer than others, could not warm to "Martine" at all.

I agree with another reviewer, the only bit that niggled me slightly was remembering which children went with which parent, and sometimes when names weren't mentioned I had to think back to which plot it was referring to.

Also at the end I had no idea who Maurice and Hugo were either.

As I said, easy read and would read another one of Sophie's books again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
This was another,inexpensive, great read from my recommendations.
I love stories like this where the author draws you in by writing just enough about one character to get you hooked and then moving on to the next, cleverly intertwining the stories of each different character, and before I knew it I was halfway through the book.
The only bit which took concentration was the linking sections which did not refer to any of the main characters by name and I had to think which children belonged to which character and which sub plot referred to which character.
The two short stories at the end were a lovely bonus and I shall now read "Tales from the Heart" the e book from which they were taken.......at 79p another bargain.
I was sorry to find that Sophie Kings earlier novels are not yet available in Kindle format, but delighted to find that she also writes under the name of Janey Fraser as "The Playgroup" has been on my wish list for some time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to grasp but cleverly written, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
for me it as hard to grasp due to so many characters, and working out who was who, however saying that I persisted & enjoyed the read, and felt as though I knew each I individual character in the end. Lots of twists and turns in this book and it definitely keeps you wanting to know more. Very cleverly written especially as the characters are all entwined even though their lives are all so different. I was somewhat disappointed with the abrupt end though as felt as though it was cut short, I would recommend this book but only to someone who regularly reads this style of writing. Its a book that you need time and concentration for.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read!, 5 Oct 2012
B Baynes "Head Bookworm" (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The School Run (Kindle Edition)
I stumbled upon this book for my Kindle, quite by accident, and dowloaded it not really sure what to expect. It was a very pleasant surprise. I enjoyed reading the different character's stories, though some characters were slightly more plausible and likeable than others. The book is generally well written with none of the editing errors that usually litter other Kindle offerings. The ONLY aspect of the book that I found slightly less enjoyable was the ending. For fear of spoiling it for other readers, I won't go into details, other than to say that it was a slightly unrealistic situation in which to place the characters, something I suspect that author herself realised, given the speed which which she resolved it! However, that being said, it was a good, engrossing read and I found myself eager to read on to find out what happened. Well worth reading!

The School Run