5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Songs
I only previewed a few songs on the album before I knew I wanted to buy this. Lawson, in my opinion are one of the rare bands that show off their voices, the instruments aren't overly loud but played really well and there isn't any "techno." The lyrics are heartfelt on pretty much all of the songs and I just enjoy listening to them.

Standing in the Dark and...
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT BAD
ALL SONGS SOUND MUCH THE SAME AS IF WORDS CHANGE BUT SAME MUSIC .BIT DISSAPPOINTED THERE WAS NOT MORE VARIETY IN SOGS ON THE ALBUM
Published 16 months ago by david crosby

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Songs, 8 Nov 2012

Standing in the Dark and Taking Over Me are the more upbeat songs I think and they're both amazing. But my favourite on the album is track eight, its called Learn to Love Again and I could listen to it all day. Again I'm going to say that the lyrics are absolutely lovely.

Would definitely recommend this, in one word it is Amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic album, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
I haven't stopped listening to this since it arrived! Love every track :) Definitely one of my favourite albums already.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Album, 3 Nov 2012
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
Being a fan of Lawson, I couldn't wait to get it, it came promptly and have been listening to it none stop since. If you like The Script you will love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable listening, 17 Nov 2012
Absolutely brilliant album. Could just play it over and over again. Remind me a bit of The Script but equally as good and different. Definitely glad I bought the deluxe version too with the extra songs. *********

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 4 Jan 2013
J. Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
Better than the wanted. It is an extremely good album and has multiple great songs with meaning for the listener. (Jess aged 13)

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2013
One of the most under rated bands in the UK today. Can't understand why they aren't more popular. This is a great album with some brilliant tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes me back to my teenage years...., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
Enough to convince me to buy the album after their 3rd single was released. Themes of the tracks are pretty similar, but I like the melodies and the songs are easily relatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely loved it, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
I bought this album after reading in an interview by Lawson that they'd rather be compared to bands such as The Script and One Republic as they play their own instruments; The Script is my favourite band and I loved Lawson's singles When She Was Mine and Standing in the Dark.

The album is fantastic, Andy Brown is such a talented songwriter- all the songs are lyrical genius. My favourite track is the last track, The Girl I Knew which is a real tearjerker. They're a breath of fresh air among the One Direction-esque boybands who only rely on image instead of talent and their sound is almost like a pop-ier Coldplay/Kings of Leon. I'd really recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THE ALBUM BUT WANT NEW STUFF, 21 July 2014
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
I have had this album for some time now and even though I love it they don't seem to be doing any new material. Is it because Andy Brown has nothing more to say because him and Mollie King from The Saturdays, who all the songs are mostly about since she broke up with him, are not getting back together and he has nothing more in his life to write about?? Sad if that is the case as he is a very talented singer (unlike her and The Saturdays) and songwriter. I just hope he goes on to write more feel good songs instead of the sad heartfelt songs he has written on this album which, although they were very good, I felt were very personal to him and left me feeling a bit depressed. They are so much more talented than The Saturdays and the stupid manufactured singers like them and if they don't get something new out shortly they will just fade away which will be a shame. Personally I would have Lawson any day over The Saturdays!

4.0 out of 5 stars a gift for my sisters birthday!, 12 July 2013
This review is from: Chapman Square (Audio CD)
I brought this for my sisters belated birthday, I was delighted with the service, so quick/fast.
my sister is 14 and she loves the CD she even went and brought tickets to see them in concert shortly after,
would recommend this CD to anyone such a nice band that appeals to everyone.

Chapman Square
Chapman Square by Lawson (Audio CD - 2012)