Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£7.72+ £0.99 shipping

on 15 May 2013
This fire guard was delivered promptly before the estimated date. Extremely well packaged in a rather large box. It's very light weight, however it sits in place well and hasn't budged even with a curious cat pawing it. The mesh is fine enough that you still see the full effect of the fire from it. The size means it fits snuggly around the fire without crowding the fire place. Excellent value for money and excellent service.
on 6 December 2012
Ordered this spark guard for safety when looking after our grand daughter, it is perfect for our requirements. I gave this 4 stars as it arrived in a partially opened box and the handle was not attached properly. However, I contacted the seller, who replied promptly and offered a 50% reduction if the product could be repaired at home. It could so accepted this. Well done JVL.
on 26 October 2014
This spark guard is fit for the purpose. Though it is quite lightweight and it gets very hot. When it has been in front of the fire for a while I have to roll down my sleeves over my hands to move it if I want to pop more coal in the fire, as the little handle on the front gets too hot. But then - it is metal and sitting in front of a burning hot fire, so it's bound to get hot right? :) It's an OK guard for the price, but I'd say get a more heavyweight guard if it's to protect children from the fire, as this could quite easily get kicked over as it is so lightweight. We got it as a safety measure for the cats and it works just fine for that, as cats generally aren't stupid enough to go near the fire anyway.
on 22 June 2014
Lovely product but had to return it as it wasn't quite big enough for my use. My fault for not getting measurements right as would have kept it otherwise
on 18 February 2013
Arrived as promised and the product is very good quality for it's price. It fits perfectly and looks good too.
on 7 January 2013
Purfect fit- exactly what I wanted without it costing me the earth. Looks great against the fire and blends in with everything.
on 14 January 2015
Arrived within 2 days of ordering. Very good quality and looks really good over the fire. Same items was in B&Q priced at £17.00 but the quality of the paint work was very poor and chipped and the mesh ben. This item arrived in excellent condition and was a lot better quality and a lot cheaper.
on 15 January 2014
Good price for a basic fire guard which works perfectly to keep the children from harms way, in front of wood burner.
on 4 January 2016
Great item. Well priced at just under a tenner and perfectly functional. Stands up well, is light and easy to manoeuvre and looks good. Stops my 2 mischievous cats from trying to climb up the chimney! Delivery was swift and item was well packaged. 5 stars.
on 17 April 2016
This is a great little fire guard which I bought to stop my cat from going near to an open coal gas fire. The grill and surround on my fire is black so I chose this colour to blend in (not stand out!). The guard wraps around the fire very neatly and I like the way the flames and glowing coals are still visible without the usual risks of an open fire. It is obvious that the guard and ring pull will become hot and care needs to be taken when touching it so if you had a toddler or vulnerable person in the household, I would buy one of those large rectangular safety guards instead. This is ideal as a functional and ornamental guard which helps to reduce fire hazards. I would highly recommend this product for this purpose.