5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Names 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many names and not enough info
Published 2 months ago by Vicheria

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Names 2013, 8 Nov 2012
P. Lomax - See all my reviews
We had a lot of problems deciding on a name and then my best friend called her baby the only one we both liked! This was one of the books we got to help and it was by far the best. It's not just a list of names, it has a section at the start about popular names at the moment so you don't end up with the same name as everyone else! There's also information about popular names in other countries and religions, good and bad celebrity names and names from history. The section on how to name a baby was also really good- as it includes ideas about middle names, initials and combinations of names and surnames so in the end we agreed on names we both liked. I'd really recommend this book to anyone struggling with naming- it's such a difficult thing to do and people get really upset and involved about it and this book gives you lots of help with that as well as lists of suggestions. Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful and quite fun, 26 Jun 2013
My wife brought home this book when she was pregnant and we used it to choose names. I probably spent much more time reading it than most dads-to-be as I got a bit obsessed with choosing a name! While there were not many that we'd actually consider, there was a good selection and we did finally find our top boys and girls names which we actually found in one of the suggested lists. Liked the beginning section about how to choose a name, and things to think about (eg your initials, I am A Bishop!) Would reccommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many names and not enough info, 1 May 2014
Vicheria "Book Vixen" (Hull, East Yorkshire, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Names 2013: Over 7,000 of this year's favourite names (Kindle Edition)
The title says it all... Far too many names to consider and it just seemed to go on and on and on and on and on... ;-) Anyway this book did not help us decide, though it was helpful in finding if a name did exist etc, you could do that online and get more online that this book can give you. Try the website nymbler.com which is an intelligent baby naming service that gives you names based on ones you already like. Or parents connect, which is now called nickmom.com I think, has a good baby names site where people also fill in a questionnaire and give you real reviews what its like being called the name you're inquiring about, and possible bullying names from that too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 26 July 2013
We were unimpressed with this book had a lot of ridiculous names in it internet was more helpful. Don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 21 May 2013
very well written book of names as it has lots of different ways of choosing names such as by popularity of different countries, historical names and celebtrity names etc...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good place to start as any., 12 April 2013
This is a good place to start to give you an idea of possible names. We liked the little breaks in the long lists with famous names e.g. Poets, authors.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 2 Jan 2013
the book was okay - names are often a little 'far out' (which some parents will like if looking for something modern)

5.0 out of 5 stars Babies names, 26 Dec 2012
D. Maslen "breadeater" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
Wow - with ovfer 3000 names to choose from I'm even more confused.com! But delivered speedily andmaking good use of the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 9 Dec 2012
T. Wintin (uk) - See all my reviews
Great book with a Great price , Full of unusual and not so unusual names , would recommend it .

2.0 out of 5 stars just another list, 19 Oct 2012
This book is similar to all the others: a dictionary style list with the names in alphabetical order. So, in a nutshell, boring. They have some lists of horrible celeb names for amusement but the book is really not worth buying. What I would like to see is a book that classes names by meaning, how international it is (for instance, most cultures between Europe and India have a concept of the name Alexander or a variant). I'd like to see more lists like that as well as long lists of names with all nicknames (apparently Maya could be a nickname for Margaret, for instance). Long lists of names just don't work for me.