5.0 out of 5 stars Vroom Vroom. Theatrical release review
The rivalry between James Hunt and Nikki Lauda though of comparatively short duration, was nevertheless one of the greatest rivalries in sporting history. The stakes were huge: life, death, the world championship.

Even though I did not follow Formula 1 racing then or ever, I clearly remember when this rivalry went global with badly burned reigning Formula One...
Published 9 months ago by L. Power

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one for the F1 historian!
Although I can't fault the acting, this film was a big disappointment to me because of the inaccuracies in the story. It would have been passable if they hadn't called the characters Hunt and Lauda but, having done so, they shouldn't have played around so much with the story.
The film has Hunt and Lauda as rivals in F3, which they never really were. Both seem to be...
Published 13 hours ago by Pangolin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 554 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking!, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush (DVD)
Brilliant from beginning to end , highly recommended for all motor racing fans and especially for fans of that era in the sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good service from amazon, 5 Mar 2014
If you're an f1 fan this film is a must. Superb in every way and captures the true essence of formula 1.

The steelbook is very nice to add to a collection and worth the money. The only negative thing for me was that I was slightly disapointed with the lack of extra features. With only 50 mins over two short documentaries but over all i was very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic film! Went to see this film at the cinema with my boyfriend, we enjoyed it so much I treated him to the DVD for Valentines day!

5.0 out of 5 stars F1 fan, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
this was a very good film, especially if you are an F1 fan like me, thoroughly enjoyed the trouble between these two racers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Viewing, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Interesting viewing as did not know the history of film. Documentary about same events was on a couple of days later and the film has kept to events well which made a refreshing change.

4.0 out of 5 stars I was there, 4 Mar 2014
P. N. I. Jeffrey "Paul Jeffrey" (Solihull, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rush [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was at Brands Hatch that summer day when after the first lap pile up we all fought we saw James Hunt beat Niki Lauda fair and square, except we didn't! Hunt was later disqualified. Strangely Ron Howard didn't feature this race but as with Senna you can't cover everything and keep to a reasonable running time. Rush is a good attempt at recreating 1970s F1 and the cars are fantastic. The actors fit the part with Bruhl as Lauda a chilling resemblance. Some of the dialogue is a bit stilted - Hunt explains to a girl he has just bedded that the race he is starting at Crystal Palace is not a Grand Prix - and some of the events take the dramatic license too far but overall a successful retelling of a famous sporting story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I saw this with my college class at the Showcase Deluxe Cinema in Bristol. I'm not massive into Formula 1. However this kept me gripped and lost in the storyline throuhgout. IT WAS AMAZING. I was blown away with the techincality of it, the camera angles and the sound design really bring out all that is amazing about this film.

The stiry of Niki Lauda and James Hunt, their friendship and competition to win the Grand Prix, and of course Niki;s crash. THE CRASH SCENE. It's exactly the same as the real crash they looked at the whole film and I felt like I was there in the action side by side. GLUED THROUGHOUT

AMAZING FILM

5 Stars!!!

Great present for my Dad he will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
If you like F1 you will love this film, it is fairly accurate especially the races which are exciting to watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rush, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
Yes I really enjoyed this DVD but my husband and sons enjoyed it even more. It was bought as a present for my father in law but thought we would watch it first!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Rush, 3 Mar 2014
Mr. Mark Plant "origamimark" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rush [DVD] (DVD)
Fascinating insight into the lives of the guys who race around the track at breakneck speed. Two completely different characters in competition with each other on the track, with a deep respect - even friendship - off of it. Turn up the sound high, sit back and enjoy the roar !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 554 | Next ›

Rush [DVD]
Rush [DVD] by Ron Howard (DVD - 2014)
6.99