4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining adventure
Firstly for all the critics, you're right, the story in the film is not as good as the story in the book and looking at how much money they threw at this there is no real reason for deviating from the book. The book is about demons on the earthly plain and the film replaces them with 'deados', dead people who won't stay dead and as such are like caricature monsters,...
Published 9 months ago by PJ Rankine

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad...but enjoyable...just!
One star each for Ryan and Jeff...only because I like both of them....and the other star, well...the plot and script did entertain me. Hubby fell asleep after 1hr, need I say more. Seriously ..rent this one online...no need to buy. No need to own it, watching it once was enough for me.
Published 5 months ago by Jane C

‹ Previous | 14 5 615 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Its alright, 29 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD] (DVD)
Worth a watch if you're a movie fan. Certainly wont be entering the IMDB 100 anytime soon. Made me laugh a few times too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 May 2014
Dominic W. Johnson (devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD] (DVD)
Great movie a lot of fun to watch came on time you can't go wrong with this film very good

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as bad as the hate it’s received, 21 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D. (DVD)
I will confess that I haven’t read the comic book that this film is based on, so I can’t compare the two. However, what I can say is that – just like pretty much everyone else who’s seen it – it’s like Men in Black. The obvious similarities to the other franchise come at the beginning when (newly-deceased cop) Ryan Reynolds is recruited by a supernatural organisation who hunt deceased souls on Earth and then partnered with veteran cop Jeff Bridges. And, seeing as MIB hit the big screen first, people will see R.I.P.D. as ‘the one that copied the other.’

No sooner are our deceased heroes on the case than they’re given an array of special weapons... just like the ones Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith use in Men in Black. They also have a long-suffering ‘chief’ in charge of them who is naturally infuriated by their rash and destructive actions – think Rip Torn’s role in Men in Black.

However, despite the similarities, there are plenty of plus points – the banter between the two leads is spot on and the chemistry between Ryan Renolds and Jeff Bridges is there for all to see. Of course it does sound a lot like the conversations between Agents J and K from our friends in black!

Also, there are some good special effects, but the monsters were pretty blatantly CGI. Again, you have to overlook that and just focus on the nice touches of humour concerning the RIPD agents’ ‘real’ appearances (you’ll see what I mean if you watch it).

It’s not a long film so the whole movie seems a little rushed, like they were trying to cover too much ground too quickly. So, if you can forgive the ‘Men in Blackness’ of it all, RIPD is an enjoyable enough (short) romp and everyone involved in its making tries their best, although you may not remember it in about a week’s time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles, 16 May 2014
Tiago Sousa - See all my reviews
The 3D version just have subtitles in: English, danish, dutch and french.

This kind of details should be clarified because we buy the 3D expecting something that isn't true.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Ripping Yarn, 15 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D (Amazon Instant Video)
Pretty much a Men In Black ripoff - but a good one.
Jeff Bridges takes incoherent mumbling to a whole new level.

3.0 out of 5 stars Somehow just does not work, 13 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D (Amazon Instant Video)
My teenagers loved it but I thought it was a sort of mixture of MIB and True Grit! There were some laughs in it but the plot could have been far better. Worth a view but not to keep. Its not a keeper.

3.0 out of 5 stars Neither one thing or the other, 11 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D. (Blu-ray)
Comic book inspired and obviously so.

The film itself passes the time and not much more than that

The reason for this is that it has all been done before and better - Ghost Busters, Man in Black etc.

Not good not bad just been there, seen it, done it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but could have been great, 6 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D (Amazon Instant Video)
It one of those films you dont need to go out of your way to watch, but on a rainy day if it was on the TV it would be worth a watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable flick, 6 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a movie that you leave your brain at the door and just enjoy it for what it is, an enjoyable movie

4.0 out of 5 stars rip'd, 5 May 2014
This review is from: R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD] (DVD)
Not as great as I was expecting - but good acting and good fun, plenty of action, somewhat lacking in depth though - a little disappointing - could have been a lot better.

‹ Previous | 14 5 615 | Next ›

R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD]
R.I.P.D.: Rest in Peace Department [DVD] by Robert Schwentke (DVD - 2014)
7.00