5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
I've used F4 for a few months and so far I am very pleased with it. F4 works very well and has all the basic functionality that I need: heart rate, adjustable heart rate zone, zone warnings, burnt calories, time, average heart rate etc. It's not very stylish but I wouldn't wear it outside the running path anyway:)

Pros:
- easy to set up
- easy to...
Published on 22 July 2011 by mika

1.0 out of 5 stars I was looking forward to receiving this - excellent delivery as always - and excitedly got the product ...
I was looking forward to receiving this - excellent delivery as always - and excitedly got the product out of the box this evening. But........the heart rate monitor (the watch item) won't switch on, which means that I have no idea if the heart rate sensor (the chest strap item) is working.

So I've said that I 'hate' the product simply because I've paid for...
Published 6 days ago by Mr Philip R Patton

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 July 2011

Pros:
- easy to set up
- easy to use
- chest belt is comfortable and machine washable (in laundry bag)
- finds heart rate reliably and quickly
- display is easy to read

Cons:
- none really

I may upgrade to a heart rate monitor with a GPS receiver in the future but I can recommend F4 for anyone who wants a reliable monitor with basic functions for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 27 Oct. 2011
Great product, 'does exactly what it says on the tin'.
I wear it whenever I go cycling, come rain or shine, and it has never let me down.
Easy to read whilst on the move. Love the fact that it stores 10 Training Files.
Seems very accurate and looks good too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Oct. 2013
Watch is as described. Bought for a birthday present. My son very pleased with it. Would recommed to anyone thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Polar FT4 Men's Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch (Electronics)
As well as pulse measuring the FT4M also records basic training albeit it's a little a bit fiddly to access. The chest strap is easy to adjust for size, easy to put on and vey comfortable to wear. The watch strap fitting is also very adjustable having many closley spaced holes embedded in a narrow plastic strip running down the centre of the strap. All in all, an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 Jun. 2013
CMack "Caroline" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I chose this product based on the reviews on amazon and on-line and could not be more delighted with the watch. Its great for those just starting out, its easy to use and I haven't had any problems using it so far. The chest strap is very comfortable I hardly even notice it during exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly functional but if being picky a little uncomfortable, 16 Jan. 2015
Does everything you could want it to, tells you the calories burnt, the current heart rate, length of session, whether your heart rate is in your predetermined zone with an audible beep when it's not. After the workout session you can look through previous sessions where it will tell you length if session average heart rate maximum heart rate, time "in the zone" and calories burnt. The only negative is the watch is a little uncomfortable and the strap can be a bit imposing at times

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 29 April 2013
Top watch, very easy to use. The belt for the transmitter is very comfortable. Good for keeping you in the fat burning zones!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 27 April 2013
Love this watch, use it everytime i hit the gym so i can compare my workouts how much calories i burn and also lets you know when you are in your 'zone'. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent heart rate monitor, 20 July 2012
This is an excellent entry level heart rate monitor. I love that the running / cross trainer machines at the gym pick up signal and project it automatically however the machines next to you can pick it up also, so its strange that other people have your heart rate.

The Calorie calculator is interesting. It is far higher than what the machines at the gym show (3 times more in some cases) but from what I can tell, this is a very accurate monitor so should take it as far closer to what is actually being spent.

The chest strap is very comfortable if a little strange to use at first.

All in all i would highly recommend this heart rate monitor for those who want to know what their heart rate is, the calories burned and a good summary at the end of what they did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 22 Feb. 2015
Great product, arrived quickly. easy to set up and use.
I purchased this product as I recently started upping the amount of exercise I am doing, wanted to push myself further and did not want to spend a huge amount of money.
So far I have used it when doing Insanity workouts, cycling and running and I have not had any issues.
The zone training function is great though I am so unfit at present that I struggle to keep in the zone. At the end of a workout the watch will tell you, how many calories you have burnt, what your average heart rate was, how long you were in the zone for and the maximum heart rate you reached.
I would recommend this product, especially for anyone purchasing their first heart rate monitor.