5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
I've used F4 for a few months and so far I am very pleased with it. F4 works very well and has all the basic functionality that I need: heart rate, adjustable heart rate zone, zone warnings, burnt calories, time, average heart rate etc. It's not very stylish but I wouldn't wear it outside the running path anyway:)

Pros:
- easy to set up
- easy to...
Published on 22 July 2011 by mika

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed
Everything was fine for the first couple of weeks worth of use in the gym. However, the monitor and the watch now lose communication for variable periods of time. I suspect the monitor is faulty. Adjusting the monitor position may improve matters but not consistently so. Similarly tightening the chest strap or using excessive amounts of water on the strap prior to...
Published 6 months ago by Richard Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 22 July 2011

Pros:
- easy to set up
- easy to use
- chest belt is comfortable and machine washable (in laundry bag)
- finds heart rate reliably and quickly
- display is easy to read

Cons:
- none really

I may upgrade to a heart rate monitor with a GPS receiver in the future but I can recommend F4 for anyone who wants a reliable monitor with basic functions for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 24 Nov 2013
found my heart rate straight away holds all the information i need to no just what i was looking for and batteries are renewable

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Fault It, 27 Oct 2011
Great product, 'does exactly what it says on the tin'.
I wear it whenever I go cycling, come rain or shine, and it has never let me down.
Easy to read whilst on the move. Love the fact that it stores 10 Training Files.
Seems very accurate and looks good too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 13 Oct 2013
Watch is as described. Bought for a birthday present. My son very pleased with it. Would recommed to anyone thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Polar FT4 Men's Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch (Sports)
As well as pulse measuring the FT4M also records basic training albeit it's a little a bit fiddly to access. The chest strap is easy to adjust for size, easy to put on and vey comfortable to wear. The watch strap fitting is also very adjustable having many closley spaced holes embedded in a narrow plastic strip running down the centre of the strap. All in all, an excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 19 Jun 2013
CMack "Caroline" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I chose this product based on the reviews on amazon and on-line and could not be more delighted with the watch. Its great for those just starting out, its easy to use and I haven't had any problems using it so far. The chest strap is very comfortable I hardly even notice it during exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars A word of caution for asthmatics., 11 Aug 2014
A very simple to use and efficient gadget. However, a word of caution. The device calculates your calorie burn from the data input and your heart rate (obviously). For some asthmatics, specifically some of those using beta-adrenergic inhalers such as serevent or salbutamol, the device may give a false calorie reading. This is because, in some susceptible individuals, those drugs elevate the pulse rate artificially. For example, my resting pulse 10-11 hours after using my serevent is a rock-steady 72BPM. However, 30 minutes after using the drug, my resting pulse is 92BPM. So, if the device was to calculate my calorie burn from an elevated starting position, then it will show a (falsely) higher calorie burn at the end of the exercise period than is actually the case. (For me, some 20-30% higher). I've checked the figures against online calculators, and this is a consistent finding. It's still useful to monitor time spent in the training zone, and so on. For non-asthmatics, I'm sure it's not a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 29 April 2013
Top watch, very easy to use. The belt for the transmitter is very comfortable. Good for keeping you in the fat burning zones!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 27 April 2013
Love this watch, use it everytime i hit the gym so i can compare my workouts how much calories i burn and also lets you know when you are in your 'zone'. WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good monitor for gym users, 23 Feb 2013
I use this monitor for the gym and classes five times a week and I am liking it. I have had other cheaper monitors in the past which have been tempramental but so far this one seems good. The only two things I would say is that I have to really wet the sensors under the tap to get the monitor to work for my whole workout. It isn't a problem now that I know but it took a couple of tries to get this right. Also, I would like a second/stop watch facility to time planks for example but it's not the end of the world. All in all, a good watch with easy to read dial and easy to update.