Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.49

on 7 June 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book I didn't want it to finish. A definite recommendation for a light hearted love story. It had me in tears of laughter throughout. It's the first time I've read a book from this author but definitely won't be my last. I'll keep a look out for other books she had written.
on 1 March 2013
I really, really enjoyed this book!

I admit on picking it up, I was a little sceptical. You either get a fantastic American author such as Jodi Picoult or Diane Chamberlain, or others where I can't seem to get into the story as I don't know what on earth they're on about - too "Americanised".

This however, was fab. I found the plot very different, based on Hannah Sugarman, a "foody" who starts an "Underground Supper Club", with a dose of chick-lit thrown in, and the quantities of each totally complimented each other.

I read this book very quickly, as I couldn't put it down! Loving her writing style and brilliant descriptions in the first chapters, and with my heart in my mouth for the last chapters, dying to find out how it ended.

Absolutely brilliant. I do hope that if Ms Bates writes another book, she can continue in this brilliantly high standard.
on 11 March 2013
I got this on a whim, not really expecting it to rock my socks but I have to say I got a real treat! The first couple of chapters I found hard to get into, it wasnt until Adam was out of the picture that this book really grabbed my attention. Being a total food fanatic it turns out that I fell in love with Miss Sugarman, a great character that had me laughing over and over again. I personally found her very easy to relate to. I couldnt put this down until i'd finished it. The only problem with it is that I would of liked to see Adam and Millie suffer a little, I really wanted Hannah to get some sort of revenge and was slightly dissapointet at the end when no such thing happened. I really really wanted to smack Millie in the face! A sign of a very well written book. I'd love to see more, similar stories from this author.
on 21 January 2013
The book gets off to a fairly lumbering start and although the story line is fairly predictable, the book was a good read and kept me interested. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a chick-lit which will keep you turning the pages!
on 16 January 2013
A great read in its own right. But if you're passionate about food, this takes it to another level.
Believable characters with some endearing moments and some real laugh out loud ones.
Would definitely recommend
on 15 January 2013
As a British you will need to miss out chapters two to seven about American DC politics which seemed pointless.From chapters eight downward the real a story starts its fast paced and just want to keep reading
on 23 February 2014
This book is way too predictable and it could have been shortened as nothing much was happening between the pages, found myself skimming the pages just to finish the book
there was no wow factor with this book at all. I quite liked the main character Hannah but she does not understand how lucky she has, whereas most of us has to make our own way in life and fund our projects. Rachel on the other hand seemed to posses quite a lot of personality that I would like t have learn t more about
In short don't go out your way to pick up this book because you are not missing much if it happens to come your way then feel inclined to give it a shot
on 21 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the main character, Hannah, and the unfortunate situations she found herself in, and her/the authors love of cooking shone through. I would recommend this book.
VINE VOICEon 9 April 2013
This was not too a bad story a bit predictable. The characters were all nice enough but the story could have been shortened by quite a bit as nothing really happened. It would make a nice holiday read if you did not want something too taxing. The book seemed to go on for a while with nothing happening and then finished quite abruptly. I have never read anything by this author before and would possibly try some of her other books. This is not too bad but not too good. Read it and make up your own mind.
on 6 May 2013
This story made my heart race (didn't want her to get caught). A good read with a happy ending (although an epilogue would have been good).