5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Cover
Published 14 months ago by C. thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars expensive
I think it is very expensive for what it is and I haven't yet found a table surface where it doesn't slip unless it is nearly standing upright and then you can't really see the screen.
Published 9 months ago by marie mahood

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Cover, 8 May 2013
C. thomson "Christine Thomson" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Cover, Fuchsia (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9") (Accessory)
Love this cover. Looks really good and I love how it turns my Kindle off and on. It is a lot more expensive than other covers but if you are going to invest in the Kindle HD 8.9 then it is worth while investing in the cover also. I bought a cheaper cover to begin with and whilst it looked ok, there was no comparison to the Genuine Amazon article. Even with the price of the Kindle and the cover it is still a whole lot cheaper than an I pad. If you bought the Kindle HD 8.9 then why scrimp on the cover. It just sets the whole thing off. Expensive but to my mind well worth the money

3.0 out of 5 stars expensive, 5 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 1 April 2013
I know it seems expensive but my mates have recently bought cheaper versions and they all regret it. Durable, slim, comfortable and stylish with the stand standing up to some impressive angles and abuse, this case is perfect. The volume and off buttons are also protected and easier to find/press. If you've spent money on the new kindle fire then spend that little bit extra and do it properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth splashing out, 11 April 2013
Miss Cartwright "pintsizedblondie" (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I'd been umming and aahing over which case to get for my new Kindle Fire 8.9 for a few days and initially was put off from buying the official case because of the price. However after looking at alternatives and not liking any of them I decided to take the plunge and purchase this case in Royal Purple. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it fits my Kindle snugly and is a very attractive piece of merchandise, the colour is lovely and if anything makes my Kindle look better. In retrospect I am glad I spent more money as you pay a lot for your Kindle so surely it deserves a decent case to protect it?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but as with all Amazon covers expensive, 4 April 2013
A. Tomkins "Risktaker" (Northamptonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have the equivalent cover for my Kindle paperwhite and have had 4+ months of faultless use from it and didn't hesitate to purchase this for my Fire. This case is a rubber surround which your Fire slots into quite firmly, it is not a case to be removed regularly more of an always on protector. The outside cover is a course hatch textured leather which is very hard wearing, doesn't show dirt or finger marks and (in my opinion) attractive finish. The front cover although not the most robust is man enough to prop up the Kindle when view the unit on the table, I found there was no slipping of the unit in this set up, this could be due to the rubber like finish on the case clasp.

The case does help address one of the more annoying aspects of the Kindle Fire in that it makes the hard to find buttons a much more tactile affiar which can be used in the dark with ease when the case is on. The case also has a cut out so you can charge or use the video out with out removing it form the case.

5/5 for the product
3/5 for value
4/5 overall

Perfect for protection in a bag or pocket and wakes on opening for quick easy use.
Tight fit
Small footprint.
no straps to hold Kindle Fire in
Leather cover
Can be used as a stand
Looks great and operates perfectly
Makes the button on the tablet more tactile and easier to use.

Dislike
Not a case built to protect your Kindle fire from heavy abuse
Front cover could be more robust
Price too high, 30 would be more realistic

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 April 2013
I bought this at the same time as buying the fire as I wanted to protect it from the start. I couldn't be happier. it fits perfectly and securely and looks great! I bought the persimmon colour and although the Amazon photo doesn't give a true colour this is a much nicer orange than it looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 16 Oct 2013
Lesley C. Smith "bookworm" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I know this seems pricey but it's well made and doesn't give the impression that it will fall apart any time soon. The colour is great - quite subtle. An added bonus would be somewhere to put a stylus!

5.0 out of 5 stars really happy, 23 Aug 2013
I bought this for my husband and to say he's well made up would be an understatement, he loves it, it's very handy for around the home, taking on holiday, music plays great and it's handy for me to have in the kitchen and watch tv, all in all a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate product, 21 Aug 2013
This is a very smart, practical case which is ideal for my Kindle Fire. I can thoroughly recommend it to other Kindle owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING, 14 Jun 2013
THIS ITEM MANAGES TO SUPPLY THE PROTECTION NEEDED WHILST AT THE SAME TIME BEING VERY LIGHT AND STYLISH AN EXCELLENT PURCHASE.