Colour Name: Onyx Black|Change

on 8 May 2013
Love this cover. Looks really good and I love how it turns my Kindle off and on. It is a lot more expensive than other covers but if you are going to invest in the Kindle HD 8.9 then it is worth while investing in the cover also. I bought a cheaper cover to begin with and whilst it looked ok, there was no comparison to the Genuine Amazon article. Even with the price of the Kindle and the cover it is still a whole lot cheaper than an I pad. If you bought the Kindle HD 8.9 then why scrimp on the cover. It just sets the whole thing off. Expensive but to my mind well worth the money
11 comment|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2013
I know it seems expensive but my mates have recently bought cheaper versions and they all regret it. Durable, slim, comfortable and stylish with the stand standing up to some impressive angles and abuse, this case is perfect. The volume and off buttons are also protected and easier to find/press. If you've spent money on the new kindle fire then spend that little bit extra and do it properly.
0Comment|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2013
I bought this for my husband and to say he's well made up would be an understatement, he loves it, it's very handy for around the home, taking on holiday, music plays great and it's handy for me to have in the kitchen and watch tv, all in all a winner.
on 21 August 2013
This is a very smart, practical case which is ideal for my Kindle Fire. I can thoroughly recommend it to other Kindle owners.
on 2 April 2013
I bought this at the same time as buying the fire as I wanted to protect it from the start. I couldn't be happier. it fits perfectly and securely and looks great! I bought the persimmon colour and although the Amazon photo doesn't give a true colour this is a much nicer orange than it looks.
on 11 April 2013
I'd been umming and aahing over which case to get for my new Kindle Fire 8.9 for a few days and initially was put off from buying the official case because of the price. However after looking at alternatives and not liking any of them I decided to take the plunge and purchase this case in Royal Purple. I couldn't be happier with my purchase, it fits my Kindle snugly and is a very attractive piece of merchandise, the colour is lovely and if anything makes my Kindle look better. In retrospect I am glad I spent more money as you pay a lot for your Kindle so surely it deserves a decent case to protect it?!
on 4 April 2013
I have the equivalent cover for my Kindle paperwhite and have had 4+ months of faultless use from it and didn't hesitate to purchase this for my Fire. This case is a rubber surround which your Fire slots into quite firmly, it is not a case to be removed regularly more of an always on protector. The outside cover is a course hatch textured leather which is very hard wearing, doesn't show dirt or finger marks and (in my opinion) attractive finish. The front cover although not the most robust is man enough to prop up the Kindle when view the unit on the table, I found there was no slipping of the unit in this set up, this could be due to the rubber like finish on the case clasp.

The case does help address one of the more annoying aspects of the Kindle Fire in that it makes the hard to find buttons a much more tactile affiar which can be used in the dark with ease when the case is on. The case also has a cut out so you can charge or use the video out with out removing it form the case.

5/5 for the product
3/5 for value
4/5 overall

Perfect for protection in a bag or pocket and wakes on opening for quick easy use.
Tight fit
Small footprint.
no straps to hold Kindle Fire in
Leather cover
Can be used as a stand
Looks great and operates perfectly
Makes the button on the tablet more tactile and easier to use.

Dislike
Not a case built to protect your Kindle fire from heavy abuse
Front cover could be more robust
Price too high, £30 would be more realistic
on 16 October 2013
I know this seems pricey but it's well made and doesn't give the impression that it will fall apart any time soon. The colour is great - quite subtle. An added bonus would be somewhere to put a stylus!
on 15 June 2013
I bought this case based on the colour that my daughter wanted for her tablet. In terms of fit and sturdiness, it is everything you could hope for. But. Be aware what you are buying here. Yes, it is a nice case, but its capabilities as a stand are really limited. All you can do is fold the cover back behind your tablet. If you like your tablet to stand in portrait, this means that it can stand vertically (this is quite often the case with tablet cases I notice). Much worse though is the way it (doesn't) work as a stand when in landscape orientation. As I mentioned, the cover only hinges at the top edge of the tablet (or the bottom one!). So, you have to set it up carefully on almost any surface, and the angle's you can reliably use it at (without slipping) are quite restricting - it can't be vertical (85deg at best), and it starts to slip at 70 deg (depending on the surface). In summary...

Pros.
+ Perfect fit
+ Magnetic catch
+ auto on/off
+ sturdiness

Cons.
- It is not a flexible stand (but I guess it doesn't really claim to be)
- Price - the most expensive "genuine" case I've ever bought

I went for the "genuine" case as my previous experience - cases for a samsung tab 2 and a HP touchpad - were a great fit for the items, whereas an ipad aftermarket one was quite disappointing. In fit I was not disappointed, but as a stand, it is really limited.
on 9 May 2013
The cover is sturdy and easy to fit and to use. It is pleasantly tactile and nice looking. I am very pleased with it.