4.0 out of 5 stars great
Tells the time with good functions strap feels sturdy, clear screen and has more functions than listed in the description
Published 19 months ago by aberlad

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke week one!
Cheap tatty feel, very tinny, and the minute hand stopped working in the first week, amazon, as ever where brilliant and gave a full refund, I paid about £90 and was unhappy, to see it at this price? I had to write a review to warn people, pure tatt
Published 5 months ago by d m henderson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Black Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet MB776B (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Accurist Watch, 3 Sep 2013
T. Searle "FanTC" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Firstly, I managed to buy this watch for less than £66 - BARGAIN. I signed up for the Amazon clothing email list, which gave me discount on an already great price. I paid about £20 more than this for my last Seconda watch (which is less readable, more difficult to figure out the setup, & is half as deep again - making it heavier).
I love this watch because it's so beautiful, elegant & stylish (it's also tactical when out on manoeuvres).
I find the main digital display (middle/right) is about the right size & I can see the date without having to put on my reading glasses (which I couldn't do with my Seconda).
The setup is fairly easy & quite standard when it comes to Analogue/Digital style watches (obviously, some things are slightly different but I found the small manual adequate for the things I wasn't sure about).
The functions all work well & are easy to use (Chronograph, timer, stop watch, world time, etc...). The bonus for me was the "gadget" feature: when the hands are covering the main digital display, just press & hold the upper/left button & the hands will smoothly swing around to the 12 'O' clock position to allow you to see the display - press again & they revert back to the correct time - I love this feature because it looks really cool & reminds me of this feature which is incorporated on VERY expensive watches costing several hundreds of pounds more.
The one thing I haven't figured out yet is the slide rule. I've never used any type of slide rule before, so not sure how they work, but I intend to find out (partly because it's an integral part of the watch & is there to be used - & partly because I'm a geek)!

The comments I've seen from other reviewers about the strap seems confusing to me. I have adjusted my strap myself & have had nothing to complain about concerning the strap itself, the safety clasp, the security or integrity of any part of the strap. In fact, the only thing which made me a little unsure about my purchase was the fact that the small label on the back of the watch didn't seem new (it was slightly worn), which makes me think that it's been used by someone, sent back & re-sold to me. I didn't make a big deal out of this because it's all working beautifully & (apart from the little label) appears brand new.

Some reviewers have commented on the size of the face. As far as I'm concerned, the face is pretty much a standard size. Don't go by the "Zoomed In" picture - THE FACE ISN'T REALLY THE SIZE OF YOUR COMPUTER SCREEN!!!

As someone has already commented, this is very similar to the Citizen Promaster Navihawk / BlueAngels. OK, it hasn't got all the bells & whistles that they've got (Eco Drive, etc.) but, considering they're about £470, you're getting a similar looking watch for a lot less.

In summary, this is a great looking watch, with all the functions you need (including a slide rule).
What's not to like???

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY, 28 Mar 2013
At 97.50 this watch is excellent value for money, especially when the lowest price on ebay is 199.00. With regard the product specification on Amazon regarding no date / day function, this is incorrect. By pressing the bottom right hand button the digital display on the right hand side will change from digital time to day / date / month. All in all a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Price, 30 July 2013
Joe (STOURPORT ON SEVERN, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been really impressed. Compared to what I have seen in the shops this is an excellant price. I could not ask for a better watch as it does everything I need. You will need to take it to a jewellers to take some of the links out so add £5-£10 to the price. I think you can send it back to be changed which is free but more hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars My accurist men's quartz watch., 30 Jun 2013
It was a bargain and I am really pleased with it and I like chronograph watch's. I also like the analogue dial.

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke week one!, 6 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as as gift, 30 Sep 2013
Mike B (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I used a similar watch for twenty years. Really like the World time facility, especially as I live abroad, in Korea

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch at a great price!, 30 July 2013
Would recommend... Bit light compared to my other watch. I like the feel of a heavy watch on my wrist!

4.0 out of 5 stars watch, 26 July 2013
K. J. Parry "KEVIN PARRY" (london ,England.) - See all my reviews
not as big as it looks but is a nice watch would recommend it to friends easy to work but looks small on my wrist

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch., 25 July 2013
Absolutely loved this watch. Everything is perfect. Was looking for a watch like this and bought and very satisfied with this ..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›