on 4 August 2013
I cannot think what possessed me to try Adobe Premiere elements. Photoshop has always seemed to me to be ridiculously over-complicated with the worst help line and "simple" instructions imaginable. Premiere is no different. It's as if the software is not developed by folk who actually edit or create videos. Inserting still photos in a family video in the order and in the durations you want them to appear is either complex or impossible and there is no simple guide on how to do it. Instead, the introductory instructions concentrate on creating libraries and recognising faces. I used to be a professional editor in the days before digitization. There are two main things editors did then and do now. One is adjust frame lengths and the other is change the order in which they appear. Those are the first two things that any "quick" guide should tell you how to do. Alas, not Adobe.
on 12 November 2012
This is by far the best version of photshop elements & premiere elements. Have used several other versions but this is brilliant
0Comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 November 2012
The last version of this product I had was version 2 and this is much easier to use with some great features but without a manual I found it difficult to use I would recommend the need to purchase a how to use book.But with some searching the help files it did become clearer.
0Comment32 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 June 2013
I bought this bundle as an upgrade from Adobe Premiere Elements 4 and Photoshop Elements 6.
I expected that more video input formats are supported however that is not true. Processing of large videos is too slow on the same computer.
The user interface of Adobe Premiere Elements is changed from the previous versions (version 4,...,10) and important elements for me are missing.
For example it is not possible to have a good overview and control for trimming of many small videos by dragging by the end.
The user interface is totally changed and you need to start learning how to use the new user interface again.
As a result I am just back to the old version 4 and not using version 11 anymore.
on 14 May 2013
You need to have lots of time on your hands to get into Elements 11 - there are tutorials and online advice forums but there's no shortcuts to thoroughly learning how to operate it and that's what you need - thorough knowledge. I have used Microsoft Moviemaker, which is intuitive and very quick and easy to learn - you would think that the transition to Elements 11 would be a logical next step but its not that easy. There are two major issues for me:
1. There are too many complicated features; these are often unnecessary and suited more for teenagers who want lots of wacky add-ons. I would like Elements 11 to have included various levels, like a much more basic beginner's version to, progressing to an intermediate version etc but its not like that. Most beginners would want to splash around in the shallow end before diving into the deep end.
2. Its SLOW - I have Win 7 with an Intel Sandybridge Core I5 computer and 4 GB of RAM - that's quite up-to-date and powerful -but it still chugs along - like the older Norton Antivirus systems which got over-complicated with just too many features resulting in plodding progress.
There is no doubt it is a good system and enthusiasts can produce professional films but all i want to do is edit the bad stuff out, add some captions and maybe some music or narration and burn it onto a disc for viewing on the TV - it doesn't need to a a Bruce Willis Hollywood blockbuster at my first attempt!
on 4 February 2013
I bought this item for my partner and have just tried to upload this onto her computer ( which is an up to date computer). the picture edditing software uploads fine but the video package will not upload. searched on the internet and this is a major problem that cannot be fixed even by contacting Adobe themselves. Eventually uploaded it onto my own computer and video editing software kept on crashing and would not download the external content needed in order to use various features on it. KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THIS SOFTWARE!!!
on 11 January 2013
I really like the new version of PSE11. It is so much more user friendly than previous versions. The tools are easier to find and use. There isn't a huge difference in functionality from ver9 but the interface makes it all worth while. I must admit that had it not been offered at a special price I might have waited for version 12, but I'm glad I got this. I don't use PSE on a regular basis any more and was forgetting how to do some of the actions, but I find PSE11 so much easier to use that the irregularity of use doesn't seem to matter now. I haven't used Elements so can't comment on it.
on 2 December 2012
This review is for Adobe Premiere Elements 11, which I've been using for about 10 days. I'm finding it "buggy" and it's crashed several times. This is disappointing because I've had earlier versions of Elements software which have been very reliable. There are no updates currently available.
On a less important point - the new interface (new to me, I moved up from Prelmiere Elements version 2) is a bit child-like, with lots of big buttons but seemingly less flexible (you don't seem to be able to undock windows and move them out of the way). As regards function, little seems to have changed - though all I've been doing so far is try to put together a biggish slideshow. Maybe things have moved on more with the video editing functions?
Finally, the Help is no longer part of the software and seems only to be available on-line, with no index.
The plus points? Er .... higher definition is available on imported stills. Rendering time seems to be reduced - but there are frequent instances of some parts of the timeline being missed during render, meaning you have to run it again.
If you have a fairly recent edition of Elements, you might be well advised not to bother upgrading.
on 24 December 2012
The things that are bad about it first:
As with most Adobe products expect it to crash and to be incomplete and probably like previous versions don't expect them to fix it.
The organizer part is a waste of space.
The most annoying thing about the product (besides the crashes) is the very poor help system and that you have to be connected to the internet to use it.

On the positive side
Unlike its bigger brother it's at least reasonably easy to use (besides the crashing) and is actually rather good value, paid £50 for both Elements and Premier from Amazon (special offer).
Does most of the things that you need to do in photography or preparing photos for web use.

Overall
Would I buy it again - Yes it's easier to use than Photoshop (which I have and hardly ever use).
on 7 May 2013
Ok so im old school.........and I found it really hard to get to grips with. I did stay with it for a while and I still have on my comp but I also have my old Microsoft Library 10. I would imagine if you were younger/more comp saive then with the amount of different features it has you could do amost anything. I bought when on offer, so recommended. Beware it takes alot of comp save as expected.