4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the lights are annoying.
I got this as a replacement for another Bluetooth adaptor I had. The old one worked fine, but couldn't be used while charging, and had to be plugged in via a 3.5mm jack which bugged me a little.

Published 18 months ago by MunkyJunky

3.0 out of 5 stars Not always Compatible....
Published 18 months ago by Ian

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but the lights are annoying., 18 Oct 2012
This review is from: XCSOURCE Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for iPhone iPod Dock CN20B

This one just plugs into the iPhone dock, and worked straight away, no need to charge as it's powered from the dock. My Nexus S Android phone paired straight away with it, and now I can stream music to my speakers again. The audio quality is good, and I can't hear any difference between it being plugged in via 3.5mm cable and streaming over Bluetooth.

The downside is the light on it. At first I thought it would be OK, but it does get very annoying in the dark. During the day it isn't an issue, but I listen to podcasts or audiobooks in bed, streaming to the speakers. Every 5 seconds or so the light on top flashes blue, which is bright enough to light up my room. A bit of gaffer tape over the top (or a black Sharpie to the LED cover)should fix it though.

If the speakers are left on but nothing is playing, it does have a tendency to pop a little bit every 30 seconds or so, which is a bit annoying. Of course, this is fixed by making sure the speakers are of when not in use.

For the price, this is a good way to use a speaker dock I got for an iPhone again after getting rid of the iPhone (or perhaps allowing you to use your speakers with your new iPhone 5 instead of paying for an adaptor from Apple?). During the day, great to use. At night, the lights get a bit annoying. I would recommend this to people looking to Bluetooth-enable an iPhone speaker dock though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not always Compatible...., 25 Oct 2012
initially I thought this would be the answer to my docking station problems with the new lightning connector, but it's not compatible with all docking stations! The item itself looks great, and feels of good quality, mounting well on the 30 pin connector. Pairing with iphone/ipod is straight forward (luckily as instructions are sparse to say the least!) After trying on a few of my docking stations, I had success with about 50%. Pairing worked on all of them, but playing music was a different matter. When it works it's great, but there needs to be a compatibility list to help people make a more informed choice.

For the money, it might be worth a gamble, but you have been warned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Check compatibility before buying, 14 Feb 2013
G. D. Evans - See all my reviews
Apple have changed how their dock connector works a number of times in the past, whilst keeping the connector looking the same.

The earlier docks used FireWire to charge the device. These include earlier iPods including the iPod Classic 160Gb 2008 version.

Newer docks use USB to charge the device. This includes the iPhone 3GS (2009).

When you insert a newer phone into an older dock it will probably transmit audio (but not always), and will give a message that the device cannot be charged. This is the problem with this Bluetooth music receiver. It needs to get power to work - and this power comes from the dock. If the dock is an older type, the pin connections are wrong and it will not power up.

However, this is easily solved with a CableJive DockStubz power adaptor. This device is about the same size as the Bluetooth adaptor, and plugs into your dock. Your phone then plugs in the top, and is able to charge while transmitting audio through the connector.

Once I plugged the Bluetooth adaptor into the DockStubz it worked perfectly. Audio quality is reasonable - not the best, but perfectly acceptable for in car use.

The DockStubz are available here on Amazon:

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 6 Nov 2013
R. Shears (Exeter) - See all my reviews
Can't complain for the price. They work reliably. However the sound quality is okay but not great. I've since upgraded to a LAYEN i-SYNC which whilst a lot more money (at time of writing 13 difference) gives far superior results. If budget is the problem then these are fine, but if you can splash out 20 then go for a better quality sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy thanks, 24 July 2013
I brought this to use on my portable altec Lansing iPhone dock outside to link to my android tablet. The unit is great value and small, the dock needs to be linked to the mains but means my dock is more flexible. Range was fine. I also tried on my onkyo dock inside again very happy. If want to use android devices with large storage cards but already have expensive iPhone docks this can be a good option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - don;t buy it!, 17 Jan 2014
When this product arrived, it looked like a chinese knock off. "Bluetooth" was spelt "Bluetooh" all ove the packaging with a questionable attempt at an apple logo aswell. But I though, it was only 7, what more could I expect. I plugged it all in and followed the instructions and to my non surprise it didn't work. It wouldn;t connect to my phone, my wife's phone or my iPad.

Trust me, spend a little more and get a different one

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy and bought my music systems into the modern communication platforms, 20 Nov 2013
So easy just powered my Bose, selected the Aux input source and popped the Bluetooth unit onto the 30 pin connector...... Instant music. I was told at a high end retailer that Bose do not make a Bluetooth accessory option. For 8 I've bought my standalone Bose upto latest communication plateform, also bought the 3.5mm jack plug option and that also worked on both the Bose standalone Roommate and my Life Style system

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible :(, 13 Sep 2013
I bought this on a bit of whim. Fed up with not being able to play my iPod/iPhone music through my Teac mini aurb sr80i, as I now have new products with the lightning connectors. I did read the reviews but thought I'd give it a go. Well it doesn't work on the Teac one. It pairs with my devices but no music plays. It does however work on a cheap dock I got free with something a few years ago. Will be sending back unfortunately as it is no use to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfect with Vieta speakers and ipod nano 7gen!, 26 Aug 2013
Fast, perfect fit, good value.
I recommend this device whole heartly.
Do not have any doubt, made a lot of research, cables are not an alternative

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, 13 April 2013
Doesn't work with Bose sound dock but works with other docks ok. Works fine and quality is good. Easy to connect.

ARRAY(0xb055cc0c)