Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.79

on 20 September 2015
Best CD I've listened too in as long as I can remember
on 18 May 2016
Great album. Just bloody clever pop frankly.
on 27 December 2014
Not up to the usual standard disappointed.
on 6 September 2012
I have been a matchbox twenty fan for as long as I can remember and have loved everything they have produced, until now. I'm all for trying to shake things up a tad and trying new sounds, but some of the songs on here just seem forced and that they are trying too hard to catch a new audience(and failing miserably). The bad songs on here are cheesy and cringe-worthy, something that despite there sentimental lyrics of some of their songs, the band have managed to avoid sounding previously.

There are stand out tracks on here and well worth the listen and or download! 'the way' with awesome vocals by Kyle Cook, 'parade', 'English town', 'radio', 'I will' and 'sleeping at the wheel'. All of these are great songs and show that the band still have it them. But as for the rest they are either forgettable or too cringe-worthy to stop and take in.

I love this band, but I just wish they showed some of the conviction they have shown with everything they have done before. I just hope this doesn't end the band. And maybe I just expected more from one of my top bands of all time. I just hope they keep going( and get the chance to do so). More guitars, more rock, more funk, more orchestra, more heart, more soul and more confidence next time guys! Less synth and cheesy "pop/disco" stuff. Just my opinion!

Love MB20 forever!
on 30 October 2012
I wasn't going to review Matchbox's latest record. It seemed to polarise opinions and I wasn't in any rush to wade in with mine. For the record I think it's a fairly decent album. Tracks like Parade, Overjoyed, The Way and especially Sleeping At The Wheel are among the best they've done. Sadly these rather scrumptious songs have been almost destroyed by a mastering murder job. Lovely moments of musicianship have been turned into hissy, distorted lumps of noise. If you have even a halfway decent sound system this album will make your ears bleed and have your speakers begging for mercy.

So my review is essentially to put the knife into this loudness war madness which has claimed yet another album. There are more and more albums being released this way but this is the absolute worst I've heard yet. I had to remaster the album using Audacity, if only to turn the volume down. I've been listening to a lot of older music lately, in particular Gerry Rafferty. The difference in sonic quality is just staggering. Music is being murdered. Don't stand for it. Two stars for an absolute botch job.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 September 2012
I'll try and make this short.

Matchbox Twenty...an excellent band!

More than you think you are, Mad season... classic albums.

Rob Thomas solo albums- Mixed, but both CDs have some stand-out songs that you just can't help put on repeat play.

The Break and Repair Method- Milk the bee. A CD that deserved so much more recognition than it received.

North...........It just doesn't gel. Maybe it's trying to be too much to too many people, but it loses it's identity along the way. You can hear typical Rob Thomas solo tracks, notice `Break and Repair method' styles, but they just don't mix. I'd hate M20 to call it a day, but it hurts me to say that this CD will be on the bargain shelves in just a few weeks and that may make their record company let go of them and the band lose faith. They have so much more to offer than this album gives.
on 15 September 2014
Great band, great album
on 9 September 2012
I have been a massive fan of Matchbox Twenty from the start i love there other albums.So i could not wait to play this and what a shock it's not that this is a bad record.It's just so different no rock songs at all very pop and some awful lyrics but there are some great ballads and parade is good.The truth i hate to say is they seem to be making music to get on the radio and not for there fans some tracks could even be on a boy band album shame.Thank god Our Lady Peace kept alternative hard rock alive this year with there brillant album Curve.
on 18 September 2012
Like many, I was excited about this album, having loved the majority of MB20's output as well as RT's solo output. Heard She's So Mean on the radio and, although it didn't immediately strike me as typical of the band, I found it catchy and uplifting. Getting the album, I eagerly anticipated an enjoyable evening reacquainting myself after their lengthy absence. Things started off quite well. I found the first three or four songs OK but then the whole sound just started to irritate me. Surprise surprise, the loudness war claims another casualty. What a nasty, unpleasant sound this album has. There is this amazing invention called 'volume control' . Been around for a number of years now. Sadly, the insecure, money whore bean pushers at the major record labels are terrified I might not be able to hear their album and that i'm too stupid to adjust the volume myself so they set the volume for me. Unfortunately their method of volume control also means that the detail of the music (the low bits, the middle bits and the high bits) is all squashed into one big ball of mush which is then smacked repeatedly against your senses. Funny how a lot of the reviews for this album are negative. COuld it be that many people just can't get into the songs because they can't decipher them properly? Noise pollution at its worst. I'm just appalled that I gave my money to a bunch of people that are rubbish at what they do. Not so much the band but the producers and engineers. If I produced work of this quality in my job then i'd probably be fired. These people are constantly getting away with this sonic slaughter and the music industry wonders why it's in such a state.
on 28 June 2015