5.0 out of 5 stars Super !
I haven't read the book so cannot compare it to that but having watched it last year at Christmas time, I can tell you, I think it is absolutely brilliant and one of the best dramas I have ever watched.
Published on 8 Sep 2012 by mummy spoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Lost Christmas
Started to watch this with my 11 year old granddaughter. She very quickly tired of it so I watched it myself the following day. I enjoyed it but I think it leans towards 'older children' and adults rather than the younger ones. Arrived very quickly and was well packaged.
Published 9 months ago by ElizaJoan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Super !, 8 Sep 2012
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lost Christmas - BBC1 - Starring BAFTA, Olivier and two-time Emmy award-winner Eddie Izzard & Jason Flemyng [DVD] (DVD)
This is one for the whole family, though some younger children may not understand parts of it, my then 7 and 9 year olds loved it and have re-watched it several times.
I won't say alot about the story as I could easily spoil it for those who haven't already seen it, but it's kind of like a jigsaw that slowly pieces together and it's not until right at the end when we see the whole picture. This is something a little different to enjoy at Christmas, I can't wait to finally own this on Dvd.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Modern Christmas Classic, 12 Dec 2012
I don't usually write reviews but for this film I really need to make an exception. Firstly, I am just ecstatic that this has been released on DVD. Shown last Christmas on BBC1, this film tells the story of Goose who believes he is responsible for his parent's car accident one year before the story's start. Now a streetwise kid, delving into crime, he is devastated when his dog, Mutt, goes missing. But a chance meeting with a mysterious stranger may not only be just the hope he needs in finding Mutt, but a chance to set things right. Hopefully I haven't given too much away there, but this is truly a wonderful film. Both Eddie Izzard and Jason Flemyng shine in this story, and Larry Mills gives a great performance as Goose. I pray that this becomes a Christmas classic because it honestly deserves the attention of every household this winter. I can't wait to buy a copy of the DVD now and watch it again and again!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best christmas stories around, 7 Nov 2012
V. Cook "dvd-addict" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Ok, so I love christmas films, and own 200 christmas films on dvd, so whenever a new film is out, I watch it, but having see so many festive films, I rarely get "excited", just pleased.....until i watched this film last year, it's an amazing film, all of the cast are excellent, and the storyline is superb. I pre-ordered this well in advance and having watched it again this afternoon, it is just as brilliant as I remember. So if you like your films to have a brilliant, deep storyline with well-written and formed characters and top-notch acting, this is the film for you, excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars a little gem, 4 Nov 2012
This is a real treat,a little gem.I saw this last Christmas and really enjoyed it,I am sure it will become one of the family films in our house we have to watch every Christmas.(I think it would be difficult for younger children to keep up with the plot.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eddie Izzard At His Best., 10 Jun 2013
After watching this wonderful programme I hoped it would some day be on Dvd and it was.
I don't normally like Eddie Izzard as a comedian but as a actor he is great.
What a lovely story this is ,made me cry and makes you think about things you don't want to think about.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT movie..!, 6 Jan 2013
Kim Dryden "kimdy" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
Read about this quite some time ago... Not sure where now, as I'm in the US, and this (to this date anyway) is strictly a UK release, but waited with great anticipation for the last year to see it. As it made no real move towards the US, I looked for it on Amazon UK. Found it! Went ahead and bought it via Amazon, got it, and the husband and I promptly sat down right before Christmas and watched it. It was wonderful! A lovely little film, full of life, and heart, and tears, and joy. Highly recommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great novel,come to life on the screen,by excellent actors., 8 May 2013
I purchased this DVD for my 11 yr old daughter, as she read the book and loved it!!!
This DVD exceeded her expectations:it is a great family film,enjoyed by us all.
Being different from the norm is always a good thing...
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Christmas film, 16 Dec 2013
this is a film to watch over and over again. It is perplexing to watch at first, but then it all becomes clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Ghost Story, 13 Jan 2013
T. Colmey "TC" (UK) - See all my reviews
Takes a while to understand what is going on but trust me! - it's fantastic. Well written, really well acted and a nice story. Go buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Christmas film, 22 Dec 2013
A wonderful film. Eddie Izzard is brilliant! Tear jerker for the ladies and those of us who have something stuck in our eye!! Humour and sadness with a great ending.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›