5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful
Could not live without this. Keeps the screen cleaner and free from marks. Easier to use than finger when typing words. Nice choice of colours.
Published 15 months ago by Susan Bennion

3.0 out of 5 stars Marware Kindle Stylus
Yes, it's a good idea to use a stylus on your touchscreen, to avoid all those greasy marks and to point with a little more precision than I can achieve with my blobby fingers.
Yes, it's a decently made stylus, with a metal body and clip, and a soft rubber tip at the business end - looks smart and works perfectly well.
Why is it 12.99 though ??....... now if it...
Published 17 months ago by TonyD

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the Kindle Fire range!, 23 Nov 2012
Peter Lee (Manchester ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I recently bought a Griffin GC35027 Stylus Tip for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch - Black for use on my Google Nexus 7 tablet and was very pleased with it, despite a few minor niggles, and since using it have found that my tablet looks a lot cleaner as I now touch the screen with my fingers a lot less. On receipt, this Marware stylus comes in a slim box which announces it is for tablets and smartphones, with no specific mention of the Kindle Fire, so don't let Amazon's description put you off!

The stylus itself is quite small, a little shorter than a standard ballpoint pen, and features a clip for attaching the stylus to a pocket or a tablet / phone case. That's basically it. The business end of the stylus is a soft rubbery bump and this has no protection, so could end up splitting or being torn if you aren't careful. There are no replacement tips, and I doubt they can be bought. The end closest to the clip is simply a metal cap, not an additional tip as I'd hoped.

Does it work? Yes, and just as well as the Griffin stylus I use. If you find it hard to type on a touchscreen device with your fingers you may find a stylus easier to use, and it may provide more sensitivity if you are playing a game or trying to draw for example, but the tip is fairly bulbous and when I fired up a sketch app on my tablet and had a scribble I found that when I thought I was drawing in one area the stylus was actually detected a few pixels away, the same as with my Griffin stylus. If only these things had interchangeable tips for improved precision. Anyway, the stylus doesn't scratch the screen and won't leave greasy fingermarks.

The long and the short of it is that this stylus looks almost identical to the Griffin stylus (is it the case that just one company makes them and they're just rebranded?) and works just the same, but this one currently costs twice as much. It's okay as a tablet accessory, but it is massively overpriced.

4.0 out of 5 stars marware stylus for kindle, 21 Jan 2013
very good and fit for purpose, I have not had a touch screen stylus before so i do not know if the pads wear out, and if they do i would have liked a spare one in the box.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than fingers, 27 Oct 2012
Ben Warrington (UK) - See all my reviews
I have been using this stylus for a couple of days now with the new Kindle Fire. It takes a while to get used to the squishy end of the pen; without care it is easy to not press hard enough when 'sweeping' from one side to another to change pages, but you become used to the pressure needed after several operations. Always reliable with 'touching' operation to activate a keyboard key etc. Please note that the end of the stylus is not a point, more a swab.

Although it's a nice idea to keep the screen clear of smudges, you'll still have to use your fingers for multi-point actions such as zooming in or out.

All-in-all, for general use it serves me best to use this stylus rather than my sausage-fingers.

Edit: I have removed two stars because despite storing it as recommended (on the outside of the spine), when I came to use it today the stylus was at the bottom of my work bag, with a bent clip left inside the official case (maybe my fault - Kindle fire was in a courier-type bag alongside a KK3, 3DSXL, wallet, keys and a high-viz vest) - when I tried to straighten it, it snapped off.

I believe it should be suitable for use with the official case.

Still a good device, but please keep the stylus separate from the Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it it improves the Kindle experience., 15 Jan 2013
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love using my Kindle (and iPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII) but I would have preferred it to have a stylus. It was never made for one and Steve Jobs when he made the iPad insisted the only stylus you needed was your finger. well I prefer this. light, easy to carry and makes moving about and to page to page easier and no finger smeers on the screen. I do think we need to ignore some of Steve Jobs ideas. The Galaxy Tab has a stylus and so should the Kindle Fire. The missing bit of the Kindle fire.

2.0 out of 5 stars broke on second day, 14 Jan 2013
This item was bought to use with kindle, unfortunatly the top of the stylus came off on the second day of using!!!!!!!
I WOULD NOT RECCOMMEND THIS PRODUCT

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless!, 1 Dec 2012
A pencil with an eraser on the top does exactly the same job at about 30 pence! Please don't waste your money on this 'pointless' item.

1.0 out of 5 stars stylus, 6 Feb 2013
rubbish didnt last much more than a week,sponge wore away.cant think of anything else to say about it.wont be buying another

1.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE FIRE STYLUS, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Marware Capacitive Stylus for Touchscreen Devices, Fuchsia (Accessory)
I purchased the kindle stylus along with the kindle fire and the cover amounting to almost 258. I have recently discovered that these styluses can be bought for as little as 3.69 for 14. How can this be fair trading???

1.0 out of 5 stars over priced - not needed, 17 Nov 2012
Over priced. Not required for the Kindle Fire - feel slightly ripped-off, not how I expect to feel about an Amazon purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 20 Nov 2012
Geoffrey Cox (UK) - See all my reviews
I find it difficult to justify the price paid for this item. It does not help in any way in operating my Kindle Fire; I would have expected it to have a more defined point.

‹ Previous | 1 2 334 | Next ›