5.0 out of 5 stars Home making
Really enjoyed this sensible narrative. Always enjoy Kevin McCloud`s take on life. The man has sense. Give that man a raise and a round of applause.
Published 23 months ago by beth

1.0 out of 5 stars shorter than any free kindle sample
I paid for this, and made a large cup of tea and began to read this, and finished the book before I finished my tea - I suppose the clue was there is that it is a "Collins Shorts", but I have read much longer free kindle samples. I should have just looked for a few tips on the internet.
Published 24 months ago by rusty mania

1.0 out of 5 stars shorter than any free kindle sample, 8 May 2013
This review is from: Kevin McCloud's How to Make Your House a Home (Collins Shorts, Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars very short, 3 Sept. 2013
I thought i was getting a lot more than I actually did. Please note the Kindle version is very short - I read it in approx 10 minutes, and to my mind it wasnt very helpful unless you have pots of money to spend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Home making, 27 May 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars basic info, 27 May 2013
E. Bradwell (north east UK) - See all my reviews
what i expected at the price for a download but helpful that our thoughts were on the same strategy. positive reinforcement is always a benefit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Read the full book not this, 18 Nov. 2014
Very short, good ideas but already purchased via Amazon as previous, but differently titled full length book, principles of home. It felt like a rip off.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Oct. 2014
was a bit disappointed in this book considering his knowledge of property..didnt do much for my house !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chimes with how I feel about a home, 8 Mar. 2013
I think this book deserves a five start rating from me, not because it is perfect, but because it is so unusual, and perfectly complements how I feel about homes and living.

I suppose this book will not be for you if you are looking for the latest gadgets for homes, or how to decorate in the latest style but it is a brilliant book, often stating truths we know deep down but are forgotten, or paid less heed to than they should, and it is an exploration of a philosophy for living.

If you care about substance as well as style, if you are interested in how we can live sustainably and if you are open to learning more about Kevin's fascination with coppicing trees, then this may well be the book for you.

To me, this book felt like coming home, I sighed time after time with pleasure and relief as I read things which actually resonated with me, made sense and inspired me for the home I want for the future.