4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guidance to your workouts
The book presents a holistic approach to fitness, covering mindset, training, nutrition and rest. Together, the discussion of all of these aspects in a single book provides excellent guidance to your workouts.

Published on 5 Jun. 2007 by Bart Du Bois

1.0 out of 5 stars The Body Sculpting Bible For Men
I've been working out and playing sport for many years now and as such have taken great interest in training techniques.
Published on 30 Jan. 2003 by Alan

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guidance to your workouts, 5 Jun. 2007
Bart Du Bois (Antwerp, Belgium) - See all my reviews

I am especially fond of the description of the body sculpting exercises. Each description goes into the details of the proper alignment, technique and form. Even though the book describes a very large set of exercises for the legs, back, chest, biceps, triceps, shoulders and abdominals, the descriptions are always fresh, detailed, and give useful hints on how to perform each exercise as to get maximum gain. I have truly learned from them.

The authors propose their 14-day bodysculpting workout, and a similar periodic scheme for nutrition. I personally find this proposal innovative, and have made good use of the many illustrative workout schemes.

The quality of writing is excellent. Moreover, a DVD is included which presents a summary of the main contributions of this book, and a live demonstration of many of the exercises.

This book can be used as a reference book (for getting back to the detailed discussions of exercises to ensure you are performing them accurately). It also serves as an introduction to an appropriate nutrition plan.

I have recommended this book personally to friends, and encourage you to have a closer look in case you want to get the most of your investments in a well-shaped body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 6 July 2009
Branko Bogdanovic "Nebra" (Ljubljana, Slovenia) - See all my reviews
The book is very understandable if you're not a total rookie, it has a load of useful information regarding nutrition and especially training exercises.
This isn't the book which you read and then throw away, you can always look
for how a certain exercise is done properly, how to create your own protein based diet and even a dvd with exercises is attached.
I recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars The Body Sculpting Bible For Men, 30 Jan. 2003
Alan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book might prove useful to someone who has never stepped inside a gym in their life, though I doubt it! The work out exercises are all very basic (squats, bench press, DB curl), with nothing to add variety if you are already a frequent gym attendee.
Whilst these exercises might be good for the complete novice, the photographs illustrating the moves are laughably amateur, and completely un-inspirational, which, for most novices, is probably as necessary as basic nutrition and work out exercises. The layout of the book is drab and actively works against the reader spending any time trying to discover any worthwhile information from its pages. I'm sure the nutrition section is fine, unfortunately, I wasn't paying too much attention by then!!!
Without doubt, THE most un-inspirational physical fitness book I have had the displeasure of opening. I would think that the trades' description act should be invoked against the title!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, not too bad either, 17 Sept. 2003
I have been training on and off for about 5 years now. I bought the book because I thought it would help me get into peak physical shape and help me sculpt my body. Initially it worked wonders for me, however I have to say that performing the same exercises every second session has become a bit boring. It would have added more value to the book if they had two or three alternative exercise plans to follow. I also found it very difficult to follow the eating plan as all the quantities are in ounces, perhaps a conversion to grams would have been appropriate.
All in all though I have to admit that I have seen results that I had not been able to achieve before. This book is good to start off with and needs to be followed up with another book, which takes your results to the next level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, some insight into what I should be doing in the gym (and the kitchen!), 4 Jan. 2011
Paul Rafferty (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be interesting, informative and practical. This book gives me the background I needed in terms of how my body processes food and turns it into energy and how leftover energy or calories gets turned into fat! It also tells me which type of exercise is best for building muscle and shredding fat (mainly weight exercises in combination with a little aerobic activity). Even better than that, it tells me which types of exercises are best (mainly free weights using dumbells), when I should exercise etc. Even better again, it gives sample workout plans and includes lots of pictures on how to perform the exercises and a DVD as well. There is also lots of material on nutrition, what and when you should eat etc.

Great value for money and highly recommended for beginners or intermediate gym users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally....something that works, 6 May 2004
Mark Robertson (Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a regular at the gym for the past ten years I thought I had all the tools needed to train my body and get in the sort of shape I always wanted to be, and had previously been in (in my youth). This may have been more or less true but putting these into practice and staying motivated was a struggle for me. I also didn't know what to believe about eating well, Atkins, High carb diets, no dairy...which is best??
Since buying this book however I have found a new enthusiasm for training. The authors have clearly been there, seen it and done it and they offer very frank and concise advice about how to train properly. They cover everything from finding a gym, choosing a workout, exercise form, diet plans....all the typical training stuff you'd expect but they also go the extra yard. They talk about the pros and cons of supplements, problems and consequences of over training, they even go as far as discussing the best way of ridding yourself of pesky body hair to see your newly developed muscles (if that's you kind of thing!)
I genuinely can't recommend this book enough and would give it 10 out of 5 if possible. 3 months after starting and sticking to their advanced workout plan I had lost 3 stone, 6 inches from my waist, my flabby, tired face was back to the one I remember and I was feeling great. I'm glad to say I've sustained these results since then. It's all thanks to this book. Well worth a read!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Training plan section is very superficial, 22 April 2013
Good description of the exercises, however, the other sections (i.e. nutrition and training plan) are very basic. Concepts are not well integrated together