5.0 out of 5 stars V Comfortable
Published 4 months ago by Hilary

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed
Published 16 months ago by sushiord

5.0 out of 5 stars V Comfortable, 16 April 2014
These are very light and comfortable shoes. This is my first pair of barefoot shoes, I'm trying to sort my feet out and have read of the benefits of barefootedness. I'm only a dog walker, not a runner, but I feel I could walk for miles further than usual. I can feel the breeze over my toes and, rather alarmingly, see my toes through the translucent material on the upper. The toe box is just wide enough for me to wear my Correct Toes. One other benefit, for me, is that they don't make my enormous feet look as big. My feet feel like they've been walking and working properly when I get home, after striding across the moors. A snug fit, I have narrow feet and these are just right. The shoes arrived earlier than expected, too.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 17 April 2013
I thought that I would love these shoes when they arrived. They are lightweight and perfect for packing in a bag for holidays when space and weight is at a premium. Good thing I decided to give them a trial run yesterday before I was stuck with them for the whole trip. I wore them for the whole day and ended up with a gigantic blister on my left heel. For some reason the left shoe seemed to ride up a bit higher as I walked. Right foot was okay so think I ended up with a pair of shoes that were not completely symmetrical. I have another pair of New Balance trainers.. not this model.. they are fine so I will take them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lightweight trainer, 9 July 2014
S. Capes - See all my reviews
I bought these for Joanna Hall's Walkactive style of walking as she recommends wearing relatively "barefoot" shoes. In the past I usually ran rather than walked and I used well-cushioned trainers for that. I've always been a fan of New Balance so when looking for walking trainers I chose these.
They are certainly lightweight but I wouldn't call them barefoot style. The soles are Vibram but they are nubbly - lots of round flattish "buttons" rather than a conventional sole. Not uncomfortable but equally not anywhere near a barefoot feel. I have heard that the genuine barefoot shoes wear out quickly. These feel sturdy enough to last a while and are very comfortable for the long stride walking I am now doing.
As with running trainers, I bought a size larger than normal shoes, and the fit is OK. I have a fairly broad forefoot but the "B" width is fine.
My only dislike is that the tongue is fairly long and with only foot socks it chafes at the bend in my ankle so I need socks that protect the ankle too - annoying in hot weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, 3 Sep 2013
The closest you will get to bare foot trail running without taking your shoes off. Very light weight and incredibly flexible, just don't expect them to keep the water out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love, 15 Aug 2013
These fit like a glove and are light, cool and exactly what I wanted, not cushioned sole for running unless your into barefoot but for cycling great.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THESE, 24 Mar 2013
I hardly ever wear shoes and have only recently just taken up running. I have a machine at home and use it maybe three times a week for 30 mins. As I run barefoot my feet get a little sore from the treadmill and using these trainers is perfect. I hardly feel as though I am wearing anything at all, but without the sore soles from before. I've not used them outside yet as the weather is too wet, but I'm sure in dry conditions they will be fine. I'm not sure how they would hold up to mud & puddles though!

They may not offer enough support for some people, but if you are used to running barefoot or without support then these are the perfect lightweight, feel as though you are not wearing trainers trainers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great for swimming n, 26 Jun 2014
Warning on these. I started of loving them and would have given them more stars BUT once they wear in they aren't not very supportive in the arch and this caused me to get a nasty injury. Make sure you are used to not arch support before buying these. Great for swimming in tho