5.0 out of 5 stars Good product.
Published 22 months ago by SussexPB

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid
Published 18 months ago by RJS

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product., 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1240mAh Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Sony RX1 DSC-RX1, RX100, DSC-RX100 Digital Camera - Black (Accessory)
As the previous reviewer states, this is a good product. Far cheaper than the Sony equivalent, but charges without any problems and appears to hold its charge well. I was a little wary about buying a third party product. I've done that in the past for a Panasonic G3 and found that the battery indicator then didn't work properly, going from fully charged to empty without warning. This problem doesn't occur with this battery, it seems to work in an identical fashion to the Sony batteries. My only regret is that I bought a spare Sony battery at the same time as I bought this, in case there were any problems. I should have saved my money and bought two of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex Pro Sony NP-Bx1 replacement battery, 8 Dec 2012
I have previously purchased one of these about 3 years ago but for a different camera. It is still going strong. Don't hesitate to buy one of these

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 19 July 2013
These copy batteries are cheap for a reason. Simply doesn't last anywhere near as long as the original. My advice is spend the extra on a genuine Sony battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars failed, 4 May 2013
P. R. Douglas "hantshawk" (winchester uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this on the back of comments made on this site,it took charge which only last a short while ,its was not a good buy

2.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 14 Feb 2013
Cheap, but lost all faith in the battery as went from fully charged to empty instantly with poor life in between so just didn't have the reliability I needed. It's more than possible that Sony deliberately prevent third party batteries working properly, but if you've splashed out on a decent bit of camera kit I'd say get one "proper" spare that you can rely on rather than multiple cheaper batteries you cannot. Other reviews have been positive so it's possible I just got a duff batch of these and was unlucky, with everything you buy this can happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 7 Sep 2012
Sam-Theo (Leicester.UK) - See all my reviews
I have only had this battery for about a week. Since then I have been using it constantly in my RX100, keeping the original Sony battery as my spare. Have had no problems with usage or the 'in camera charging'. At almost one third Sony Original price it has to be excellent value. Appears as well made as the Sony original. I hope and look forward to Ex-Pro coming up with a dedicated Charger for this battery as almost every RX100 owner (here and abroad) is waiting for it. COME ON EX-PRO - Beat SONY to it!!!

UPDATE: One year later, there is absolutely no difference between SONY and EX-PRO, in terms of Function, Capacity, Battery Drain or Construction. Well Done Ex-pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 16 Mar 2014
As I have had this battery for many months and this is the second purchase I have made, the first being for my previous Sony camera, I am giving this feedback in the knowledge that I have tested the battery extensively. I'm not an expert in battery charging, or discharge rates, but from my experience I have found the performance to be comparable with the Sony original battery. If the test was more scientific I would even say identical. The good news is that you get all of this for a price, which is significantly cheaper than the Sony original.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not fully tested to date., 16 Jun 2013
My first battery from this company was a complete dud. This is the replacement and so far it seems to be very good. Soon I am about to test it against Sony's original and then I will update this review. For now I give it three stars mainly because of my bad experience which meant a trip to India without a spare battery. Anyway, if it competes favourably with Sony's branded battery I'll update this review accordingly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it so far, 8 Jan 2013
Androo (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I've not had this for long, but it appears to work exactly like the Sony original that came with my RX100 camera. I get the impression (without testing it scientifically) that it actually lasts a bit longer than the Sony battery. Charging triggers the appropriate lights on the camera, and the battery life segments operate properly so this really is just like the real thing. It's even the same colour scheme.

I've used third-party batteries in cameras for years with no problems and I don't anticipate having any with this. Why pay four times more than you need to?

5.0 out of 5 stars As Discirbed, 26 Feb 2014
This is exactley as described by Ex-pro it arived fully charged. I put the battery in to use right a way it has been charged once and compairs very well with original Sony.