on 25 October 2013
I purchased these headphones to replace my AKG K-450s (which weren't wireless and had poorly made jack leads - expensive to replace), and to use purely for listening to music wirelessly, when out and about.

Here is my assessment after a few week's use:

PACKAGING -Fairly stylish box, with a magnetized flap opening to reveal the headphones. The outer packing is sturdy enough if you want to pack these away.
The inside packing is a bog-standard white moulded tray for the phones. Overall perfectly acceptable.

ACCESSORIES - 1 x 3.5mm-to-3.5mm jack lead (about a meter in length), 1 x micro USB-to-USB charger (again about a meter long, for charging from a laptop) ,fabric travel pouch (with pull cord, nicely made, feels tough and looks stylish). All accessories are well made and feel durable. There's also a tiny user's manual which tells you all you need to know.

CHARGING - Takes about 3 hrs, as the headphones have a micro USB connector, you can also charge these with a standard phone charger which plugs into the mains. Full charge gives up to 14 hrs music playing (or 16 hours talk time).If the charge runs out, you can simply connect them via the jack lead instead.

HEADPHONE DESIGN - These are neither on the small or large side. The build quality feels good, certainly well made. The finish is slightly matte but also with a slight shine - seems good. These fold and retract on both sides. The overall look is stylish and they both feel and look like quality headphones.

FIT/COMFORT - I've had these on for several hours at a time and they are the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn (and my AKGs took some beating) thanks to the large leather earpads and padding on the headband. The earpads are soft and hard wearing - your ears/head won't heat up much at all compared to most headphones. They are fairly light on your head too. Some reviewers complained that these slip/shift off your head easily - they certainly aren't tight, there's not alot of tension built into the headband but if you position them well (headband over top of head not round the back) they stay put sufficiently. Bear in mind that once you've been wearing them for a few minutes, the heat from your ears should further grip them into place better. I think the ear grip is the key here though as is sensible use/positioning. They certainly don't move about when walking.

CONTROLS - If using wirelessly, you have pause/play, skip track forward & back and volume control to the right hand side ear panel - the buttons feel durable and easy to find.

SOUND QUALITY - (For music playing only- wirelessly) My AKGs were superb, premium quality headphones, I've also listened to some + £250 Bose which were magnificent. The sound quality here is very good for music. Whether you listen to technical extreme metal, rock, pop or dance, these handle various types of music very well. If the music source is reasonably produced, these give impressive clarity. These aren't noise-cancelling but the earpads will cover your ears and thus block out/muffle surrounding noise to a good degree, when you are out and about. They are a little weaker on the bass/depth front than my AKGs and they don't handle poorly produced, murky music quite as well - but not far off - regardless, the sounds is always good. A few of my mates have listened to these (we are all serious music fans with keen ears) and we were all highly impressed with the sound quality.

BLUETOOTH - Easy to use, once you activate your device's bluetooth and turn on the headphones, they pair quickly. I tested the 10 meter operating distance and they passed with flying colours. I don't have the NFC (' Near Field Communication') capability on my device so couldn't test this but it allows you to pair your device by touching it to the headphones. Bear in mind bluetooth will run down your device's battery significantly quicker between charges.

CONCLUSION- These are superb headphones - very good sound and build quality, stylish design and exceptional comfort, I wouldn't think twice in recommending them. For the price paid (£50) and the fact they offer wireless connectivity, they may well be unbeatable.

UPDATE (1/8/15). Have not used these all that often and I really look after my stuff. Just noticed the pause/play button no longer works for music (e.g.a quick press of this button no longer does anything). The said button does still work for a long press (when making calls). Disappointing, then again, over time I noticed these headphones seem to be available under different brand names - like a patented design sold to various companies - maybe not a great sign? Also the guides that retract the headband are made of plastic - never gave this a thought before, but you'd expect steel guides at this price range. Still perform well in the sound department - 1 star knocked off nevertheless.......
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 March 2013
I recently bought these headphones.
Firstly, I really like the design, which is substantial and yet sleek and stylish at the same time. Pairing was straightforward and hassle free. They are comfortable to wear and the actual design feels solid and well thought out.
The sound is good and they are comfortable to wear and the noise cancellation seems good.

I wear these a lot in bed ,listening to radio in the wee small hours, so as not to disturb my wife!! So quite often fall asleep wearing them. I needed something which will take the heavy stresses of my "unconscious" tossing and turning and these fill the bill admirably. I am hopeful that they will last.

I haven't used them for telephone use, but listening to music and radio is fine.

So far I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
on 21 July 2013
I use these headphones with my android smartphone and they connect easily by Bluetooth and give excellent sound quality. They are very comfortable even in hot weather. The seller has answered my questions promptly. Buying these headphones has been a very positive experience.
on 31 December 2012
Buy you won't regret it, I hummed and harred for ages which bluetooth headphones to buy, bought these after many reviews shot down most I was looking at, not many reviews for these but the one I did find was good, very well made and very comfortable to wear, although they look like they don't cup over the ears, they do trust me, nice soft leather ear cups and NO sweaty ears after hours of use, fully adjustable sides for the smallest and largest of heads, the sound is very good so much so I shouted at the kids for banging and then realised it was a back ground noise in the game, much to the amusement of my wife lol, bass is excellent, you will need a bluethooth dongle, I bought mine on ebay for £2.99 and works like a charm, you can pair upto 8 devices to the headphones and will auto connect to the last device, I have my phone and PC programmed Win 7, range is way better than my Sony infrared ones and the sound is way better too, the 10 meter range is about right but could have been a little better but fine for most uses, I can still listen to the music while making a cuppa char, I charged them on Xmas day and used every day for hours, still not low and now the 31st Dec, impressed, phone buttons so they can answer the phone as they have a mic built in and volume buttons on the side, so long as you are in range there is no dropouts or noise, no hissing or popping, something Sony could never get right, you get a black velvet bag as they fold for storage, USB to micro USB charge cable and head phone jack cable, there you go a decent review at last.
Highly recommended buy, I researched and made a good choice as I'm very fussy and drive my wife mad.....
At £49.99 you can't go wrong a good price too, much cheaper than some of the silly prices companies are asking for their rubbish headphones.
Any questions ask away will do my best to answer them.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 19 January 2013
I bought these headphones to watch dvd's on my computer, my last pair of earphones were Bose, so as you can imagine I was looking for good quality sounding phones which were bluetooth, all I can say is, they're brilliant, after charging these for about 3 hours, I found it very easy pairing them with my bluetooth enabled computer running windows 7, simply go to add device, and the rest is childs play, I found them very light and comfortable to wear, no problem with them falling off my head as one review has mentioned, the sound quality is excellent, with just enough bass and good mid and high ranges, if looks are important, these won't disappoint, they're very stylish, I've had wireless headphones before and have been disappointed with there bad reception etc, but these bluetooth phones give crystal clear sound even at a distance, do I prefer these to my Bose? I have to say that the Bose are good, but these are just as good and no wires, great value for money, go and buy, you won't be disappointed.
on 17 November 2012
Love this headseet. Use it everyday. I find that the charging lasts for at least a week for my use, use to and from campus(around 20 min) plus around the house. Having a bit of trouble conneting it to my new winows 8, but don't think Henson is to blame. works on my phone, and that's what really matter. Works pretty good for calls aswell, but got a couple complains about the microfon. The sound is really good, blocks out noise and has a good bass to it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 2 April 2013
Seeing the "made in china" badge and the funky packaging and logo similar to beats made me a little concerned whether these would live up to their looks. They pass all of my expectations. They paired with my Galaxy Note 2 within seconds of coming out of their packaging.

The build quality is great, good and solid. They fold well. Hinges are well finished. The leather and rubber are neat. The buttons are discreet but have good action. The connection points are well positioned. Comfortable on my average sized head!

The sound quality is excellent. They will always be limited by the quality of the audio source of course. If you are playing a 128k mp3 then the headphones will deliver a 128k mp3. I have played lossless audio files on these and I have to say that they match the wired Sennheiser headphones that now sit in my spare room.

The volume is loud, bass is clear, treble is accurate.

They support AVRCP which means that they have all of the usual play, pause, volume, ffwd, rewind etc. I have tested these with Spotify and Google Play Music - all worked perfectly without any kind of tweaking or geek skills.

All in all - these are the best bluetooth headphones on first impressions. I will return and provide an updated review in 2 weeks when I have had the chance to test the battery life, call functionality etc.

At this stage I would say that this is £50 very very well spent!
on 28 January 2015
I've had these for about 2 !/2 years and they still rock! I have had so many bluetooth headphones over the years ranging in price from mid to high end and these are by far the best. (you can find most of my reviews for them here and on the Amazon U.S. site) Light weight and comfy, (not for sports!) great sound reproduction, (I work in music production) and very sturdy. Although the slimline design makes them much less in your face, they could do with some aesthetic upgrades, like different colours. (I would actually buy them again in a different colour!) But having said that, there's not a scratch on them and they pretty much look the same as when I bought them and I rarely use the pouch that came with them. If you want that heavy hip hop bass, these are not for you. But if you want well balanced, transparent sound. that sound great across a wide spectrum of music styles, do yourself a favour by not going through endless review research and buy these.
on 6 March 2014
These are very good headphones, I agree with all 5 star ratings here. They are NFC, and pair quickly. I have them paired with my Nexus 5 phone and Lenovo Yoga 10 tablet at the same time. Which ever device has Bluetooth on it pairs with the headphones fast. Phone conversations are clear, music sound is superb!

Professional quality comes to mind here! £50 pounds is a good price. I paid £55 plus &7 pounds for delivery next day. Really wanted to test them and I am glad I bought these. The carry pouch is a plus, to make sure they don't get dirty or dusty if you store them on the table in the open. They Fold nicely and USB charging is fast.
on 25 June 2015
Pros:
- Cheap! Really nice treble and bass for the price. This beats easily some expensive trademarks.
- Lungs and its breaking-speaker system let you transport it more friendly than others that have rigid body.
- NFC - Just press 6 seconds the main rectangle button and you can pair easily with any NFC compatible device. I really enjoyed it.
- Long battery, I just charge it when i connect them to use via USB for 1 hour at the morning. Then i have enught charge for the rest of the day via bluetooth to my phone.
- Design isn't ugly, and plastic seems good quality. Buttons are kind hard to press and that makes me feel that are resistant for long life.
- 2cm padded on top so your head can press it conformally.
- Mic built in, you can answer calls.

Cons:
- No audio cancellation. (but the sound still good, sometimes you cannot hear someone talking to you if you put this at maximum volume)
- MIC doesn't have good gain, at least i tryed over hangout and the ppl hears me like far from the mic.
- The pressure at both ears is not enought to avoid falls so you could drop them easly after a toss or strong wind.
- After using them 4hs i got tired of them. I felt a bad feeling in the ears. Seems that my ears are more big than the inner sponge square. (nothing bad, i continue using them after a break of 20')

So.... I guess Pros works for me. If you are looking for cheap earphones and some quality, worth it. If you are looking full bass quality and cancellation audio i guess you need more money and get some expensive ones.