5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and just what I needed
This product arrived last week and I have purchased it to get me through the Glastonbury Festival in the summer.

I have been running an experiment on my iPhone 4 since last Monday afternoon charging my device with nothing other than than this product and it works a treat. Today (Sunday) was the sixth day and it finally ran out of power.

During the...
Published 18 months ago by Lazzareo

3.0 out of 5 stars While the prodcut works fine, there is a rather large catch
I bought this as a larger power source while on longer journeys.
While the prodcut works fine, there is a rather large catch.
The power supply you need to charge it for accordig to their spec, is sold separately.
If you would like to have it protected, you have to buy the case seperately too.

Another point that annoyed me, the "whats in the...
Published 5 days ago by Bombberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and just what I needed, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: EasyAcc 12000mAh Power Bank 4 USB 3.5A Output Portable Charger High Capacity External Battery Pack for iPhone iPad Samsung Galaxy Android Phone Smartphone Tablets Pc GoPro - Output: 0.5A ~ 2.1A, Black (Accessory)

During the last 6 days I have charged my device 9 times with varying degrees of battery power left in the phone. The table below shows (Start of charge battery %, End of charge battery %, Total charge % & No. of powers bars left on device ranging from 1-4)

38% 99% 61% 4 bars
32% 95% 63% 1 bar
44% 100% 56% 1 bar
24% 66% 42% 0 bar
Total charge 601%

It took approximately 90 mins to do a full charge.

Overall a very good product and should do me nicely at Glastonbury.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device & service, 29 May 2014
I bought this unit when my old equivalent died suddenly. In fact I only had a couple of days to get a replacement before going away and I'm happy to say EasyAcc.U Store delivered this item the very next day after I ordered it.

In my case the device was fully charged so I didn't need to charge it before using it the first time. You'll see all the benefits of this device from reading the product details so I won't go into those except to say they work as stated.

I highly recommend this device if you need to charge up your portable USB devices. The reason I purchased it initially was to charge up my very unusual sat nav device which could only charge or give directions but not both at the same time. Therefore we plugged it in to charge upon reaching the place we were visiting for the day.

If you have an iphone you know the built in battery doesn't last long before needing a charge so if you're at work in a place where you cannot safely charge from the mains then this is the device for you (for example you can charge your iphone from inside your locker).

Beyond that, any USB powered device where the built in battery doesn't last long enough, just attach this device and switch both devices on and you've instantly got lots more battery time. In some cases you may want to remove the battery from your main device and just use the power from the EasyAcc as the EasyAcc automatically turns itself off when no power is being drawn from it.

Great whilst outdoors/camping but make sure you keep it protected from water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, but understandably bulky, 2 Oct 2013
Mr. Simon P. Russell "cessquill" (Peterborough, UK) - See all my reviews
First off - I apologise if any of this is patronising; it will likely contain points which may be obvious but I feel it's right to raise them to make sure people purchase the right tool for the right job. I purchased this unit to replace a failed Anker 8000mAh unit I purchased last year.

The version I'm reviewing is the 12000mAh version. I can't speak for the other capacities just yet (but I will be ordering one soon).

This unit is great, and it has come in handy all ready. Some points follow which may be good or bad for your usage. Either way, they should be handy if you're considering this...

This thing has so far charged everything I've thrown at it. A 2013 Nexus 7, two Kindles, a HTC One X and an old HTC phone. You get a couple of leads with it and a bunch of converters to make up iPhone/Nokia leads, etc. However, you've probably got a bunch of USB leads lying around that will work just as well.

It charges through its Micro USB port on the side. Personally this was one of the selling points. When I travel I like to carry as little as possible. Most things I take charge off Micro USB, so the lead will not be a problem. Then, I only need to take one USB wall charger.

That's if it needs recharging whilst you're away. I took this to keep phones, tablets and sat-navs fully charged when we were travelling without power. At our destination it had hardly made a dent in its capacity. I dare say that if you were taking a phone on a camping trip it would keep it powered up for your duration.

Beware that - although it charges up over Micro USB - you can't just plug it into your laptop's USB port and fill it up. It will need a decent wall charger and a fair bit of time to fill it up. In fact I think it refuses to charge unless you give it enough juice (not tested fully).

Although this might seem obvious, it's worth pointing out - you need to realise that this thing has the battery capacity of over 8 iPhone 4's. This means that it takes a while to charge (I haven't tested full charge times yet - mine was pretty much full on receipt, and I've kept topping it up since), and it might be a little larger and heavier than you're comfortable with.

This thing is about the size of two HTC One X's on top of each other (so two quite large smart-phones). It's also quite heavy. Whilst it's possible to carry it around with you in a pocket, its bulk makes it more suited for a bag or ruck-sack. Or to keep in a vehicle (although you'd likely have a car-charger). It's not huge by any means, but it is a bit bulky. And it has to be to cram in all of those mAh's!

My previous power pack (8000mAh-ish) was just about practical to carry around in a coat pocket all the time in case of power requirements. Not so with this - when I purchased it, I went for the largest capacity Micro-USB power bank that I could find. Having thought it through, I'm still very glad that I've got it, and it will come in handy, but I will be getting a smaller-capacity version as a carry-about.

In summary, this is a really great unit, but consider the size and weight required to support its capacity. If you want something more portable, you may have to compromise on capacity. If this is the capacity you need, then this is the unit for you. When you then factor in the price, it's a no-brainer.

Fingers crossed for a smaller and lighter breakthrough in battery technology...

5.0 out of 5 stars High Capacity Travel Charger, 3 Oct 2013
C. Treen (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm always either munching through batteries or flattening my car battery whilst away at music/beer festivals and thought I
would invest in somekind of portable charging device. I looked at the solar panel type, but to be fair, even the expensive ones had mixed reviews and didn't seem worth it for the large asking price. Besides, when there is any sun in the UK it's not around long enough to charge the standby light on my TV let alone a mobile phone or portable speaker system for 3 days.

Then I saw this little (but quite heavy) device that had been reduced from around 100 to about 30 and thought I'd give it a go. I fully charged it the night before going away for the weekend, which took quite a while as you'd expect.

It managed to charge the mini speaker system for my iPhone 3 times. An iPhone 4 times from flat. A Samsung Galaxy phone and there was still one or two bars (around 25% charge) left on it when I returned home after 3 days.

It comes with various charging ports, adaptors for all types of mobile phone and USB connections and a little pouch to keep it safe in. Just be warned. As it states in the instructions, you MUST use the correct port or you could run the risk of blowing the item you are trying to charge.

Fantastic item at a quite frankly unbeatable price and would recommend to anyone on their travels!!!!!.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute life-saver, 4 Sep 2013
Nowadays we have so many gadgets and they all have so much power and so many functions that the chances are that unless you're near a charging outlet often, something will be running flat. Whilst phone batteries are usually in the region of 1500 to 2500 mAh, I wanted something that would charge a few gadgets and something that would do it quickly.

This power pack has a huge capacity of 12000mAh, meaning that in theory, you could charge a mobile phone from empty to full approximately 6 times. In practice, nothing is 100% efficient and when it comes to power packs, the actual capacity is also often less than what is stated. Despite this, I have achieved 5 full charges of my Galaxy S3 from my power pack.

Another thing I like about this is the fact that over time very little capacity is discharged. Whilst it's best to fully charge it before going away to rely on it, if you have forgotten, this power pack seems to hold its charge well.

It charges quickly with USB ports of various Amperages.

I would say that if you're expecting it to be nice and light and small you're in for a surprise but then that's a physical and chemical restraint based on the properties of matter and a matter best discussed somewhere other than an Amazon review.

If you want piece of mind, you can't go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device, 10 Sep 2013
I can't really add much more about this product, so no point in doing a full review, as everything has been said already. I purchased this after getting a new phone and tablet and this is much better than getting a spare battery for the phone, as I can use it for various devices now and in a future. There's also no need to remove the phone case the change the battery, which is a huge bonus as I have an Otterbock Defender which is a bit of a pain to remove regularly.

This is a solid piece of kit, especially at the price point. Mine came with a case, which is marginally smaller than it should be, but still protects from scratches and keeps the ports free so you don't need to remove it when you're charging. I just leave mine in my rucksack and forget about it. Although I'd generally use the cables that came with my device, the supplied ones appear to be of reasonable quality, which was a nice touch. The ports with different power ratings are a nice touch, although likely to confuse technophobes a little (although that's not necessarily a bad thing).

This is a really excellent example of a product that is well designed and does what it is supposed to do properly. Due to the various sizes available, I won't go into the charge times much, but my 120000mAh one seems to carry an appropriate charge for the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent power backup for family holidays, 10 Sep 2013
I bought this just before a family holiday to France - primarily to make sure the kids Tablet computers were always available should we need to entertain them with a film on the journey, but also to keep the grown ups Phone's and Kindles running too.

I tested it at home and used up the almost full charge it arrived with, charging my Sony Xperia T 4 times and my Kindle Touch once. Charging it up took all day, then on holiday we used it to charge one Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7") once and the Xperia T twice, plus my wife's Galaxy Note once. There was still around a quarter of a charge left in the device.

All in all I'm very impressed.

The only weaknesses are cosmetic - I'd prefer a more durable surface, glossy black is going to get very tatty quickly - especially without a carry case. I'm happy to use my phone charger to charge it up (albeit slowly) - but just adding the recommended charger and case (which doesn't get good reviews anyway) practically doubles the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, 23 Sep 2013
I have been weighing up different portable battery power banks for a few weeks now and I guess like a lot of people I always look through the negative reviews first which makes the decision process fairly difficult.
I looked at some much more expensive models than the EasyAcc 12000 but in the end decided to take a punt on this down to the capacity vs. price point. So far I’m very happy, the quality is much better than I was expecting and it’s recharged my iPhone 4 times so far without needing a charge.

I was initially concerned that a charger was not included, however, there is a cable included that allows my iPhone charger to charge up the power bank.

Only time will tell how many recharge cycles the unit is good for but so far I can’t fault it. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device that does exactly what it should., 8 Aug 2014
Nothing bad to say about this. It feels well made, and seems to do is job without any problems. It comes with its own 2A charger but as it uses a standard micro USB it can be charged just fine from any of the chargers I have, its simply slower from a typical 1A unit intended for a phone. Each of the four outputs has different current rating and seem to be designed for different devices (android/iphone/tablet etc). Three of the four outputs work fine with a number of android phones that i've tried, the phones reporting they are changing from AC and complete in the same length of time that they would from their respective mains chargers. The fourth output is marked as being 0.5A and from that my phones say charging USB and take much longer. This is ecactlly what I woul expect. I've tried two phones at once and they charge as normal simultaneously. I've also tried a few tablets with it. My own Toshiba is horribly picky about it charger and only seems to charge at full rate from its own charger. Sure enough this says USB charging from any of the EasyAcc's four outputs, and consequently is very slow. My partners nexus 7 however charges at full rate from the 2A output. My conclusion from this is that the EasyAcc is fine for charging tablets in general, but that some model may require a specific own brand charger for full speed (God nows why manufacturers make things so awkward). As I haven't got any Apple devices I can't comment on that aspect of its performance. The unit seems to be able to handle several phone charges without going flat, so I would say its quoted 12000mAh capacity seems fair. All in all the unit seems trouble free and reliable and does exactly what's it's supposed to do. A god send when traveling and very reasonably priced. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, well made and meets specification., 18 July 2014
So far this power bank by Easy Acc works as expected. I tried another make with dual outputs but that didn't support charging/use of my two devices simultaneously. My primary use is for a tablet with 2450mAh battery and a smart phone with 1230mAh battery. I can charge or power both and have tried it with a sat nav and e reader as well. For low capacity batteries all 4 outputs can be used simultaneously as long as no more than 3.5A is drawn. This product has a more accurately written user guide and this even tries to explain why the quoted capacity of 12000mAh at 3.7V may disappoint. (They also accurately quote the equivalent 44Wh capacity which gives the hint that once producing 5V it could only deliver approaching 9000mAh). Their estimates for how many times you can charge 4 device examples are awkwardly quoted in percentages but make sense since they claim 600% = 6 times for a 1500mAh smart phone etc. The way the device works is straightforward. Charging up from nearly empty could take much more than 6 hours even with a 2A rated mains charger (the inevitable downside of buying a high capacity power bank). 4 blue leds indicate the state of charge in 25% steps. Once charged the charge status can be checked by pressing the single switch on the side. The appropriate number of leds light very briefly if there is no load. When one or more load(s) is connected and the switch is pressed then charging of the load commences and the status leds remain lit. If the load is removed or stops taking current when fully charged then the powerbank senses this as a no load condition and turns itself off. This product comes with a pouch which is a tight fit and may be more useful for carrying the two leads and adapter tips provided. The footprint and weight are similar to the lower capacity device I first tried but that doubled as a phone/tablet adjustable stand as well. I would rather have this extra capacity.