4.0 out of 5 stars Business or home accounting for beginners only
Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by Bernardette Lugner

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Office 2013
Very disappointed that this does not work with Outlook 2013 / Office 2013 and therefore you can't e-mail invoices. Called support and they said they will not be releasing Quickbooks Simple Start 2014 so no upgrade in sight. I'm glad i found this out before setting up customer accounts, I am requesting my refund today.
Published 13 months ago by Hbomb

4.0 out of 5 stars Business or home accounting for beginners only, 15 Nov. 2012
Bernardette Lugner (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Quickbooks SimpleStart 2013 is easy to set up, and if you have never used computer accounts before, will guide you through the basics. You set up your "company file", and can then record expenses under various headings, create customer invoices, and produce some useful reports. For a self-employed person, this will do the trick, and you can also do your family accounts, track your expenditures, and reconcile your bank statements.

But I already had some computer accounting -- I've been doing it for years -- and ran up against a problem. You probably cannot import existing transactions into Quickbooks SimpleStart 2013. It is meant for people who want to make a new start. Oh well, back to my faithful old Quicken 2000, which does much the same job.

The publishers, Intuit, say "There is no way to import or export from SimpleStart, as it was designed to give new users an accounting solution that is simple and easy to use."

5.0 out of 5 stars It does it's job pretty well!, 27 Dec. 2012
A. Kwabula (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Takes under five (5) minutes to set up, and is fully guided. It does a few of what it's older siblings (Pro and Premier versions). This simplifies accounting even further as it cuts down on features to the core or those most necessary, which are further simplified. Most features are in plain English, making accounting even simpler. You can easily manage sales and expenses as well as the profit (or loss) you are making. You can do quotations as well as invoices, as well as a few reports, such as balance sheets, tax reports and sales reports.

simplicity comes with trade-offs, which depending on your needs may or may not be a problem. With this version, you cannot import data from Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and Outlook. You also will be at loss, if you wanted to manage Clients, your Employers and Suppliers as well as more advanced Quickbook features.

Bottomline, if you need the only the core features minus the bells and whistles, this can and in turn you get a much easier to use program and pay a fraction of what you would pay for it's older siblings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Office 2013, 21 Jan. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars ZERO STARS - What a load of rubbish, 14 April 2013
This review is from: QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Like one of the other reviewers of this software I was really excited about this having just started up as self employed where money is tight. But the biggest of my many complaints about this piece of software is that you have to upgrade to the PRO version to be able to do the simple task of importing TRANACTIONS from your bank into the software. This is in my humble opinion one of the most basic actions anyone using Accounting software requires. Also you can not import excel from what ever system you are using before. This means that all actions require manual input, which takes time, which is what software like this is supposed to save.

Again this is my own opinion DO NOT BUY THIS. I WILL NOT BE RECCOMENDING it to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slowwww..., 13 Nov. 2012
411 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was excited to receive this product as it has received numerous positive reviews from various websites. However, after installation I've found that the software is maddeningly slow.

On initial install you must proceed through a tutorial which must be completed to a t. Every item requested must be input in to the software exactly as it appears, and it can get rather tedious after a while.

However, once through this I've found the software to be far too small. Considering this is aimed at small businesses you would think it would be very quick to use so you can just jump in and use it when fit, but I've found it to be the complete opposite. It has all the bells and whistles but it is just far too slow to recommend and I feel there are perhaps better alternatives out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars For cash businesses only - not time saving if you use a bank, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Be careful when you buy this product because I have just learnt from Intuit's support team that on this version you cannot download your bank statements - which in fact for a small business is one of the most time saving facilities one can be using. To do that one needs to upgrade to the pro version of the product which is about £200 more and even then you can only download bank details from Barclays. I was told that I need to contact my bank and ask them whether they would be able to provide me with bank data in the right format. So not for me since all my transactions are done via a bank.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 12 May 2013
Biff - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you haven't used accounts software before you may need to spend time getting to know the workflow for making entries. Once you have mastered that then you will you be fine. This is very much a beginners accounts package - just the basics without more advanced options.

It is quite basic and if you're transfering from another accounts package you may be a little disappointed in the facilitioes on offer. There are of course paid upgrade options available.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 28 Nov. 2013
This review is from: QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am very disappointed to discover that this is no longer in use, once used twice I got a message up to register the item when called discovered that it was no longer on sale as no passwords will work.
Please contact innuit

1.0 out of 5 stars Not workable, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013 1 User (PC) (CD-ROM)
Sorry but I have been unable to work quick books, I have tried all I know (limited) but cannot find a way to operate the program.

I also have had other far more computer literate them me to try to set it up for me

I am a very busy man and just do not have time to play around with it any more, it far too difficult to understand and not what it claims to be in my opinion.

I have use quicken 2000 for the last ten years or so a very easy accounts program to use and would buy an up dated version if I could as long as it was simple to use.

As you see below I have tried to by quicken but this it appears in for mobile phones, what I wanted was a computer account program.

Sorry to say I'm loosing a bit of faith in these up dated products.

Barry Paint

5.0 out of 5 stars accounting friend, 20 Dec. 2012
badger (london) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For anyone running a business, this package will do wonders. It will literally run your accounts, produce P/L reports, VAT reports and many other statutory accounting reports. In addition it will generate professionally looking invoices, will incorporate your company details and even logos. And all in a fairly easy and simple user interface. Fairly good product overall.

QuickBooks  SimpleStart 2013  1 User (PC)
QuickBooks SimpleStart 2013 1 User (PC) by Intuit (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £119.99