5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, for the price.
I was worried when I ordered this item as a few of the reviews had been negative and suggesting it was a poor quality product. I received it earlier today and thought I would report back with what I found when I got the case.

Published 12 months ago by JamesV

1.0 out of 5 stars For new Mac Airs only.
I needed to return it, because it did not fit with the very first MacBook Airs that (released 3 years ago). It's only for new Airs.
Published 23 months ago by ekaterina

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, for the price., 3 Dec 2013
This review is from: SAVFY® MacBook Air 13-inch Hard Case Cover Matte Scrub Rubberized-See-Through Transparent Protective Skin Cover Shell (Perfect fit A1369 & A1466)

At the end of the day, it is a thin plastic case to protect your, presumably new, computer. That is exactly what I expected and was exactly what I received. As regards putting it on the laptop itself, yes it is very snug (almost to the point that if you don't take care when you put it on you may snap off the clips designed to hold it to the laptop). This is also to be expected, it's fits as tightly as you can imagine to the computer, meaning that when it is on, there is no shaking or wobbling or anything of that sort (which would have driven me crazy). That leads me to the conclusion that some of the negative reviews on here are from people who didn't take appropriate care when fitting the casing to their laptops. Though I can't swear it will work for everyone, this is what worked for me.

1. Fitting the top lid.

Clip the front two clasps over the from edge of the top casing of the computer.
Fit the back two and apply gentle pressure. The remaining two clips should clip gently into place.

2. Fitting the bottom casing (which proved slightly more problematic).
Again, make sure the front two clasps are over the front lip of the bottom of your computer.
Lay the rest of the casing along the bottom of the computer, and, slightly more forcefully, pull the clips on the side of the casing out spas they fit over the side of the computer. One may not seem to reach, for now leave it, although it should only be a millimetre away from clipping over.

Follow round to the edge of the casing until you come to the two clips at the back of the device. Ensure they are properly connected, some gentle pressure will ensure they clip on.

Now... to go back to the ones on the middle which seem to only just clip onto the computer. To get the clip which may have not reached the top of the computer to fit, turn the computer upside-down with casing attached. Gently run your thumb along the bottom and round the side, this will give the clasp that last millimetre or so it needs to fit properly. This is hard to do as it is, as it is designed to be, a snug fit.

After all this, presuming you have taken appropriate care, you will have a fitted casing which holds on securely with no broken clasps. Pretty much exactly what you would expect of this product.

As I say, I write this to put peoples mind at ease as to the other reviews as to how bad this product is and the broken clips. I disagree. It is exactly what it says it is, and what I wanted it to be, a secure case for my computer. I for one am very happy with it, and hope that it will provide the protection for my computer that I require of it. I'm sure it will.

1.0 out of 5 stars For new Mac Airs only., 18 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Sturdy product and fits well. Arrived very fast. Colour lovely. Very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars This cover is excellent for keeping my MacBook Air clean and free from ..., 30 Jun 2014
This cover is excellent for keeping my MacBook Air clean and free from scratches. It was easy to fit and fits well. I am pleased with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 23 Jun 2014
It is great at protecting my laptop.
However, it doesn't quite clip onto the bottom half of my laptop very well and it gets fingermarks really easily so requires constant cleaning

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cover for MacBook Air - slim, light, nice, fun, 30 May 2014
Excellent value for money, easy to fit and remove, I would highly recommend it. If it ever gets damaged I will buy the same one again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money!, 14 May 2014
I was a bit sceptical about buying this item after looking at all of the other reviews but I decided I would chance it. And it arrived early, 2 days earlier than it was estimated to which was a nice surprise, when it arrived I immediately fitted it onto my laptop and it fit perfectly, like a glove. The colour is also what I expected it to be and it looks really sleek and stylish on my macbook. It was definitely worth the money! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit, 5 May 2014
The top part of the case fit on fine but the bottom part does not fit at all and is unusable.

3.0 out of 5 stars great color, but does not fit 100%, 4 May 2014
fast delivery, great color, but the bottom part does not fit 100%. I don't mind that much, because it still hold on firmly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook air, 1 May 2014
I bought this for my daughter starting Uni...Nothing but praise for this product, very light weight, durable and battery has a very good life.... excellent choice, even though its a bit expensive