on 3 December 2013
I was worried when I ordered this item as a few of the reviews had been negative and suggesting it was a poor quality product. I received it earlier today and thought I would report back with what I found when I got the case.

At the end of the day, it is a thin plastic case to protect your, presumably new, computer. That is exactly what I expected and was exactly what I received. As regards putting it on the laptop itself, yes it is very snug (almost to the point that if you don't take care when you put it on you may snap off the clips designed to hold it to the laptop). This is also to be expected, it's fits as tightly as you can imagine to the computer, meaning that when it is on, there is no shaking or wobbling or anything of that sort (which would have driven me crazy). That leads me to the conclusion that some of the negative reviews on here are from people who didn't take appropriate care when fitting the casing to their laptops. Though I can't swear it will work for everyone, this is what worked for me.

1. Fitting the top lid.

Clip the front two clasps over the from edge of the top casing of the computer.
Fit the back two and apply gentle pressure. The remaining two clips should clip gently into place.

2. Fitting the bottom casing (which proved slightly more problematic).
Again, make sure the front two clasps are over the front lip of the bottom of your computer.
Lay the rest of the casing along the bottom of the computer, and, slightly more forcefully, pull the clips on the side of the casing out spas they fit over the side of the computer. One may not seem to reach, for now leave it, although it should only be a millimetre away from clipping over.

Follow round to the edge of the casing until you come to the two clips at the back of the device. Ensure they are properly connected, some gentle pressure will ensure they clip on.

Now... to go back to the ones on the middle which seem to only just clip onto the computer. To get the clip which may have not reached the top of the computer to fit, turn the computer upside-down with casing attached. Gently run your thumb along the bottom and round the side, this will give the clasp that last millimetre or so it needs to fit properly. This is hard to do as it is, as it is designed to be, a snug fit.

After all this, presuming you have taken appropriate care, you will have a fitted casing which holds on securely with no broken clasps. Pretty much exactly what you would expect of this product.

As I say, I write this to put peoples mind at ease as to the other reviews as to how bad this product is and the broken clips. I disagree. It is exactly what it says it is, and what I wanted it to be, a secure case for my computer. I for one am very happy with it, and hope that it will provide the protection for my computer that I require of it. I'm sure it will.
on 7 January 2015
Offers good protection of the MBA, easy to fit and remove, and fits smugly without preventing its use with slim cases. Dirt occasionally accumulated and had to be cleaned from under the case, but allowed my laptop to remain in mint condition after many months of heavy usage and lots of travel.
on 9 January 2014
Simple snap on case, chose matte because the gloss versions tend to be less subtle. Obviously it adds a little weight and thickness but it's still lighter than the 13" MBPR.

All ports are cut well and mine appears to have a cut out for the secondary microphone added last year (2013 Haswell models) but I can't very this. There are vents in the bottom, I expect for weight saving and heat dissipation but they aren't noticeable during use.

The clips are small but fairly strong so they do need a firm grip when removing. I saw an earlier review about difficulty installing and removing , especially with regards to cup placement; the case comes packaged with the top piece the right way round and there are small cutouts so the clips don't meet when the laptop is closed, so you can work out which way to put it on (it's not rocket surgery).
on 25 February 2014
Bought this thinking I need something simple and only wanted to protect my laptop.

After receiving the item, I found that the fitting process was very quick and easy. After a few days of use, I have found the following issues: -
- Tabs don't really keep the cover on, and in some cases don't even hot on to the laptop at all
- Soft touch case is great as it allows you to grip the laptop when carrying, but scratches very quickly and easily
- Two tabs on the wrist rest, actually dig into my wrists when typing
- The second mic, on the new laptops, gets covered by the case

Overall, this is a very cheep case and worth spending an additional £10 for a better one.
on 2 October 2013
I rated this product previously as 1 star, i felt the delivery was poor - as it never arrived!
After sending an email to the company who were apologetic and stated they would re send the item.
Again delivery seemed a little long but this item "Finally arrived today".
And I must say, although I little fiddley to get on to the Mac Air, looks and feels great!!!
I felt that the Mac Air was alittle light and this has given it protection from scratches, but also improves the weighted balance.

on 18 January 2013
I needed to return it, because it did not fit with the very first MacBook Airs that (released 3 years ago). It's only for new Airs.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 February 2014
I was a little sceptical at first because of a previous purchase that did not turn out to be great but I was amazed by this product! You will not find better, it's very light, the matte is good quality and smooth, easy to apply and it does its job perfectly!!! It arrived really quickly as well, so I am more than satisfied with this purchase. If you are looking for a good quality, good price cover for your Mac that will arrive quickly you're at the right place!
on 14 May 2014
I was a bit sceptical about buying this item after looking at all of the other reviews but I decided I would chance it. And it arrived early, 2 days earlier than it was estimated to which was a nice surprise, when it arrived I immediately fitted it onto my laptop and it fit perfectly, like a glove. The colour is also what I expected it to be and it looks really sleek and stylish on my macbook. It was definitely worth the money! :)
on 29 March 2014
This is the second time I buy this case. The previous one (red colour) lasted me a year, which for the money I think is pretty good. I tried buying from other places but I was very disappointed so I returned to the old and loved ones but bought blue this time. both colours are very good, they fit very well. Only problem is that there aren't enough colours to pick from. Can you make a green one please? (for my next one :P )
on 15 November 2013
The product came 4 days earlier then expected and i am very pleased with it. I had a bit of hard time placing it on (especially the bottom part) but that is probably just me. I found that the bottom part has a small problem on the right side as one of the attach does not fit the mac book. Still very pleased with it though. I goes against the idea of a mac book air since it does make it significantly thicker. Good product