5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
I really enjoyed this book. It is well written, and the main and secondary characters are well defined and have depth and substance.
Published 13 months ago by Janineaimi

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit weak
Not a bad read, but the ending was rubbish with all the lead up to it, not really bothered with the next story in the series to be honest...
Published 4 months ago by blondiemcsmilie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 July 2013
This review is from: The Gatekeeper's Sons (The Gatekeeper's Saga Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was hooked right from the start. A mix of mystery, drama and romance with a topping of Greek mythology. I am certainly going to read the second and third books in the Gatekeepers Saga, and I shall be recommending my friends read these books as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pohler Does It Again, 16 Jan 2013
The first book of hers that I read was the The Mystery Box, because that was amazing, I sought out the rest of her work. I was delighted to find this, and am amazed to say that she's manages to do it again. A MASTERPIECE!

4.0 out of 5 stars very surprising choice of reading for me, 24 Sep 2013
Right - well this book was written targeting a market of American teens - I am a 70 year old Scottish widow but I did have an excellent school grounding in Greek and Latin Gods. It is fantasy and there were mistakes - e.g. you don't get manatees in the Adriatic but then again you don't get raccoons in UK especially London and that didn't hurt the 101 Dalmations film. The mythological research seems sound - the premise is unique - the writing is good - some typos as always - and past tense of shine is shone not shined. BUT there was a real charm to the story and I will be buying and reading the rest of the series...if only to find out how a teen mortal can become a goddess..against all the resistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars The gatekeepers sons, 19 July 2013
This book was an interesting take on the Greek gods and the story line was really good however characters personalities changed at some points in the book ans thousands the book feel more unrealistic.

4.0 out of 5 stars YA Greek Gods novel, 18 Oct 2013
This is a YA novel which brings the world of the Greek Gods to the present day. A young girl finds she can control her actions in her dreams, and when tragedy strikes in her home life she finds she has won the heart of a God who vows to help her. Hades strikes a bargain with his son and a time limit for him to win the girls heart, whilst the Furies seek out the person behind the murder of Therese's parents. The ever present conflict between the Greek God's causes a twist in the tale and the adventures will continue in the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gatekeepers saga, 31 Aug 2013
christine sharp (fairfield heights, sydney, n.s.w Australia) - See all my reviews
I picked up this book on kindle and read it before I was half way thru it I had purchased the rest of the saga.Well worth the cost excellent series

5.0 out of 5 stars this is one of the best free kindle books I have ever downloaded, 8 Aug 2014
Got this for son but ended up reading it myself. And very quickly purchased all the following books in the saga.

Since I have read all the books, I am unable to separate them out to write a synopsis but regarding writing style, grammar and editing, this is one of the best free kindle books I have ever downloaded. I was more than happy to pay for the following books. Pohler has written in such a way that although the main character is a young teenager, adults will be able to easily get along with this book too.

I rarely give 5 stars as I usually find an issue that will bring a rating down but this book, and the series in general, deserve a top rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Jun 2014
These books are totally addictive, I got submerged in to the whole Greek god theme to the point I was researching them myself. I read the whole series within 2 weeks and cannot wait for the next one

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit weak, 19 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful fantasy, 13 April 2014
A little repetitive but all around a lovely story I love than and Therese story they are cute as hell (no pun intended) I love the Greek mythology as well I loved learning about it in school and fee like I'm still learning from this book... onto boo two now x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›