5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer
This is a great printer and seems to tick all the boxes:

1. Prints from all devices tested so far - iPad, iPhone, Laptop, Desktop - Brilliantly simple and about the cheapest wireless printer you can find at the moment with this amount of flexibility.
Published on 6 Nov. 2012 by Mr Beefy

1.0 out of 5 stars One month in and not happy
The printer arrived on time and in good condition. This is for home use and so far after about 3 weks use I love it. Easy to set up and used with wireless network from all over the house. Love the easy link to Ipad etc

Published 18 months ago by Nigel J. Dorey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer, 6 Nov. 2012
This is a great printer and seems to tick all the boxes:

2. Quick and easy to set up - you dont even need to install the drivers off the included CD if you prefer not to as Windows 7 detects and installs basic drivers for you automatically.
3. Compact size - doesnt need much space and because its wireless can be stuck anywhere out of the way.
4. Reasonably priced consumables - having spent a fortune on ink with other printers, this was a major factor.

Overall very pleased with this purchase and would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One month in and not happy, 29 Dec. 2013
Nigel J. Dorey "ND" (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)

Update- Well I have now had the printer for a month or so and I am not happy! The paper feed makes a terrible racket as if a bearing has gone or something and I am expecting it to fail at any time! Although the paper tray is fully stacked with paper the printer keeps stopping and telling me it has no paper or it is wrongly stacked! I simply press the restart and off it goes, very anoying, especially on multi page prints where you have to sit there! As soon as an ink level gets low, any colour print you want to make simply loses that colour, there is no warning, it works or it is empty!

As I said above the set up is simple and it is a cheap machine, but cheap or not it has to work! Based on the last month I would not recommend this printer

5.0 out of 5 stars printer, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
Excellent printer wireless and ideal for my new ipad.
Quick and easy to set up print very well
And even does photos

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy with care, and you should be okay, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
I bought the HP5524 model from a well known department store for £59.99. The 4, replacing the 0 suggests it's an updated spec, yet to all intents and purposes, the two are identical. But the few reviews of the 5524 (currently not available on Amazon, so there's no point in me reviewing that one) imply they're rubbish. So I want to try and put the records straight.

My original purchase did indeed have a fault which I subsequently learned is common to both models. It wouldn't switch on without first removing the mains cable and re-inserting it. You can Google this to confirm and it's mentioned in quite a few other reviews. So it was replaced without quibble. My new one works fine, and I'm getting value for what I paid. The results are perfectly acceptable; inks are available at reasonable cost if you shop around, so, albeit without having tried and tested any of the competition at similar prices, I've no serious complaints. The top flap stands open at about 90 degrees so often drops flat, with a bang, but just a little care and it won't.

So buy with caution, from Amazon or a reputable retailer, watch the price, and as long as your requirements don't exceed this device's capabilities, you shouldn't go too far wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP PHOTOSMART 5520 ALL IN ONE PRINTER, 1 July 2013
greenforgo (newcaslte upon tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
very neat, prints both sides of the paper. looks great.. very easy to use. I HAVE THE PRINTER UP STAIRS NO PROBLEMS PRINTING FROM ANY ROOM

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 20 Oct. 2012
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
This printer arrived in unspoilt condition in a well protected package one day earlier than estimated.
I have been using it for a couple of days and I am very happy with it. The wireless function caused no headache and the quality of printing is excellent. The scan function is also good and quick.
It may have less sophisticated functions when compared to other products in the market but this is what you would need if you have to print and scan at home. On the whole, a cost-effective product.
I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon, 13 July 2013
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
Glad I bought it. The first one I had was not picking up the paper properly. I tried the HP website which was not helpful so I rang Amazon and the very next morning a van came to pick up the malfunctioning one and, at the same time, deliver my replacement machine. Now that is service with a capital S.
I don't usually write reviews but this time five stars is well deserved both by Amazon (for their service) and by HP (for making the machine). The replacement HP Photosmart 5520 is a superb printer. It works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking piece of kit, 7 July 2013
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
I purchased this printer primarily for use with my tablet & smartphone (both Android) as a general purpose everyday printer. It is very neat & compact & was very easy to set up straight out of the box - the activation of the printer on HP eprint Center & Google Cloud Print was straightforward (both apps are free on Play Store), as was connecting to my secured wifi router. Printing to HP eprint email is simple; so too is printing a file on the tablet. You can select single or duplex printing, one page, multiple pages or all pages. I have also installed the printer on my laptop (software downloadable from HP eprint Center) & printed from the laptop in an adjacent room to the printer. Printing is fast & good quality. I have not yet tested the scan & copy functions, but part of the set up process does include a test scan & this was fine.
I shall still use my A3 printer for my Photoshop & photographic printing, but it is a bit of a beast & has a pretty massive footprint compared to the 5520; so if space is at a premium then the 5520 is a good choice. Overall a very versatile, good quality product (I have always purchased HP printers) & for the price you can't go wrong.
Update 10/7 - it's worth mentioning that it is not possible to set up this printer to default to duplex printing from Android (only possible to do this in Windows on a PC), & this has been confirmed by HP Support. It will print duplex from Android, but you need to manually change the setting each time, which is not the ideal situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best printer yet, 22 Aug. 2013
J. Garside "John" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
This is the latest in a long line of HP printers, big and small, that we have had over the years and it is the one which has impressed me the most. It is quick and the printing is top quality, double sided is really good, and looks to be economical to run. I can heartily recommend this printer to anyone who has light to medium volume of printing requirements - unbelievably good value at this price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless. After a year or so the black ink will not print, even with brand new HP cartridges., 19 Oct. 2014
This review is from: HP Photosmart 5520 e-All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
Absolutely useless. After a year or so the black ink will not print, even with brand new HP cartridges. This is after numerous head cleaning operations, and following every trouble-shooting process that I can find.

Following internet guides to the cleaning of the cartridge foam outlet, sinking the "NEW" cartridge in warm water in-case that was the blockage, and generally re-installing and wasting countless sheets of paper - It still would not print a line of black.

Read this if you intend to buy any HP printer that uses this 364 cartridge system: http://thearabdailynews.com/2014/03/21/hp-printer-problems-thing-recall/

Also do a search on google. You will find youtube videos with recommended cleaning procedures with 130,000 or so hits. This did not work for me, so I now have one scrap printer after just over one year.