5.0 out of 5 stars nearly fell off the bike laughing!
Feel I should explain my title and state that I usually manage to read on the exercise bike at the gym quite safely... Not a good idea this time as this is one of the few books to make me laugh helplessly! Gloriously improbable full of OTT characters I want to meet again.
Published on 22 Oct 2011 by deedee

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
Very disappointing .
Published 4 months ago by janet

5.0 out of 5 stars nearly fell off the bike laughing!, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Road to Gandolfo (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Mar 2013
Robert Ludlum rarely produced a bad book, this has a slightly different feel to his usual books, it is funnier and still exciting, do not expect a Bourne book, but the story is great and you will be pleased you read it, If you have not read any of his other books, read this one and then try some of his others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh? Damn near soiled myself!, 3 Oct 2010
Mr. Barrie J. Suddery (Llantwit Major, Vale of Glamorgan, Wales) - See all my reviews
This is one of the funniest books I have ever read; even more so since it comes from an author who made his name writing thrillers and espionage novels such as the Bourne Trilogy.

The important thing is to remember is that this is a comedy novel which joyously sends up the entire genre and sends the reader on a joyous round the world trip in the company of Sam Devereaux and MacKenzie Hawkins as the plot deftly manoeuvers from one improbable scenario after another, never taking itself seriously and always delivering laugh after laugh.

In the introduction, Mr. Ludlum explains that he couldn't stop himself from giggling during the writing of the manuscript.

You won't be able to stop whilst reading it.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 10 Aug 2014
Very disappointing .

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother to read, 27 July 2012
A very old, very useless attempt at farce. It was so UNfunny I gave up less than half way through. The only reason I gave it a single star was because the review process wouldn't allow me to leave it with zero.