5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy!
Very happy with this DVD.

For less that 5 you get over 2 hours of Thomas & his fiends. That's 26 episodes to keep you and your kids happy. Also very pleased that the DVD has subtitles too.

Also what I loved about series 1 is some story lines follow on. Like when Henry is bricked up inside the tunnel and we even see him bricked up for a good few eps...
Published 7 months ago by Newt Beaumont

3.0 out of 5 stars Great original theme music but doesn't stand up well
I bought this not realising it was the original old Thomas I used to watch as a kid in the 80s. I was as horrified as the next eighties child when I saw they had made Thomas CGI and ditched the fab theme tune, so it was great to see the original stop motion and infinitely superior theme music.

However, my son got used to watching the CG version on TV so when he...
Published 9 months ago by C Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 year old loves it!, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I am very happy with this great DVD which has provided hours of amusement for my 2 year old son! Great having all the original and in my opinion best Thomas episodes all on one DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant DVD, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant DVD, great value for money and much better than the newly made Thomas the Tank Engine! My nephews love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original!, 27 Mar 2014
helen "muppet" (cornwall) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Thomas the tank engine will only ever be with Ringo Starr telling the story for me! I used to love it as a child and now this is for my nephew. No computerisation and it's great stories straight from the books. My only issue is that when the stories were on tv they used to put them on a couple at a time and in between each one there were line ups of all the characters with blackboards in front of them with their names on so you knew who was who. I used to love that bit, silly I know but anyway that's the only niggle! Buy the dvd for kids or buy it for nostalgia, enjoy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic !!!, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Ringo Starr as the storyteller. Fantastic wonderful moments, lover music and wonderful model trains. A must have for classic thomas fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Loved Stories, 14 Mar 2014
T. Laurie (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this for for grandson (2yrs 7mths) and it keeps him enthralled for up to an hour at a time. Great rest period for Gran & Granddad particularly during inclement weather when outdoor activities are not possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great set., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Product arrived on time and met our expectations. Being a copy of the original series, the visuals are better and the stories fun. Our grandson loves them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Turns out the Measles aren't so Bad..., 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD contains all 26 episodes of the very first series of Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends (or if you prefer the modern name; Thomas and Friends).

The original episodes are here in their entirety, with the only changes that my (then 2 year old) memory can recall being remastered captions in the opening title sequence (different title, slightly different words used etc. The original theme tune is still there though!).

This first series adapted stories from the first 8 books of `The Railway Series' by the late Rev. W. Awdry - creator of the Island of Sodor and all its inhabitants. We're introduced to engines such as Gordon, Henry and Edward - the original 3 engines in the book series before Thomas was even thought of - a new engine called James, and of course everyone's favourite Tank Engine from the title (plus other emerging characters).

What I admire about these shows to this day is that the stories and characters pull no punches - there's a lot of morally and ethically based material here that you simply don't get in `generalised' kids shows from today and, after watching them again 30 years later, some of the tales are actually quite aggressive and even `dark'. They strike a profound and clear message for children, even at this early age and in an almost subliminal form. Of course there's nothing though that would offend and it's certainly suitable for all.

There are no special features unfortunately, just an episode select, but the material is timeless and the first series is arguably the best.

Without doubt one of the best, most significant and culturally important TV shows - for any age group - ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas the tank engine, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
My granddaughter loves Thomas and friends just as much as my children did. In my opinion it has to be with ringo Starr.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely popular with my 3 year old, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
My little girl (3) absolutely loves this DVD and plays the episodes over and over. They are very short and so it is a bit painful when she wants to choose the episodes herself, as opposed to playall. I didn't realise Thomas and the other engines could be naughty/willful and so I quite enjoy the story lines too...they are a little dark in places.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant entertainment, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I rated this DVD as 5 star because it provides excellent entertainment for kids of all ages and represents excellent value for money.

Thomas & Friends - The Complete Series 1 [DVD]