5.0 out of 5 stars Furby Fun!
Before going any further I have to admit that I am aged 24 years old. I was never allowed a Furby the first time around and was so excited to see them back on the scene! The price of Furby's on here compared to the shops seems similar I believe I saved around 5 on mine - in my opinion the money spent is well worth it!

I believe this Furby will add great value...
Published 21 months ago by Ms. S. E. Bould

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother
broke down after a few months and now the seller is unreachable.it is a complete waste of money so look elsewhere
Published 12 months ago by anonymous

5.0 out of 5 stars Furby Fun!, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Furby (Toy)

I believe this Furby will add great value to any home, especially as a gift this Christmas - adults will enjoy this almost as much as children!

In response to previous comments on here which I hope may clear up some questions for you...

Yes Furby does snore however this only lasts for about a minute (max) and then the Furby goes to sleep and does not awake again until it is picked up and shaken. Other comments on here left me concerned that the Furby would never switch off, however this is not the case although true that there is no 'off' button.

The battery compartment is fiddly and requires you to unscrew two screws, however from a child safety point of view this is fine. Batteries last reaonably well depending on the quality (the first set I put in cost a 1 and lasted only one day!)

When replacing old batteries with new, you have to 'reset' the Furby before closing it back up. This I feel is not made clear in the instructions only with a label pointing to the resent button. It caused me to think that my Furby had actually died but I was glad to realise this was not the case! By resetting this does not delete the current progress of the Furby.

All in all a fantasic product! :D:D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun but for how long?, 1 Oct 2012
Matthew Bennett "happyberks" (windsor) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
We received this last week for my daughters 6th birthday and she has taken Furby everywhere she goes. It has been played with so much this week that we have already gone through one set of batteries (it takes 4 AAs) so i would recommend rechargeables. Furby is cute, funny and loud but amazingly not annoying (yet). It sings and dances along to songs and and laughs when you tickle it and its ears go back like a cats when you stroke its head. If you spin it around the eyes rol around and it say "OMG dude" which is funny.

We have downloaded the IPhone app and my kids enjoy feeding Furby an assortment of meals and the translator is actually quite good as it quickly recites what Furby is saying to you.
Whether it has longevity is another thing, a bit like the Nintendo Wii is is facinating to start with but who still plays with their?

Worst feature - Furby has a tendancy to say "Blah Blah Blah" when it doesn't understand which my daughter has instantly picked up on.

Tip: fastest way to turn it off as there is not a switch is to put a blanket over the light sensor (black blob on its face) this makes Furby go to sleep; yes it does snore!

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 8 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but loads of money., 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
chata chata chata they dont stop chating my furby, cupcake runs out of battarys quick so im not just spending loads on it im spending it on the battarys. RECOMENDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars So, new Furby - any good?, 2 Jan 2013
Angel - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
What probably need to know if your child is craving one of these is, is it actually any good? Well yes, but there are a few things that could be a little better.

Setting Up:

Out of the box the Furby which now has plastic ears and eyes with a liquid crystal display is pretty easy to set up. You have to insert 4 AA batteries into the base of the unit - the Furby comes with a double-sided concise instruction sheet which is about all it needs as its a simple toy. Putting in the batteries is not easy but not impossible for an adult to do with the right sized Phillips screwdriver (not supplied), but care has to be taken as the screw heads aren't, in all honesty the best quality. If your child plays with the toy a lot you are likely to be replacing the batteries fairly often - the first set lasted a little over a day and a half with intensive play. There's no on/off switch, the furby will go to sleep if ignored or placed in the dark, closing its eyelids and making snoring noises. Batteries do last several times longer as play time diminishes, but it's still a bit of a shame the Furby doesn't come with a recharger. Using batteries for a toy requiring movement and sound production just seems a little poor, given the price of the toy.

Quality and design wise the rest of the toy, as in the bits that will be played with is a lot better, the plastic parts are robust and the fur fairly soft to the touch. Because the Furby contains motors to make it move, it's not the most cuddly item, but this doesn't seem to bother my child at all who will frequently cuddle her toy. She's dropped it a fair few times with no ill effect and it seems to have stood up to play well.

Play Value:

The Furby can be interacted with in a number of different ways. This being the modern age there's an app. We have used this on both iPhone and iPad. There is a clear interface which allows you to select food to virtually feed the Furby (he will open and close his mouth and make eating noises when you "throw" a burger or deli item in his direction, and you can also use the app to translate what he says in Furbish. The app, which is free, works well and adds to the fun to be had with the Furby. Should you not have the technology you can still feed the Furby by putting your finger in his mouth.

In play the Furby does make quite a lot of chattering noise, which can be a little annoying for parents but does seem to please my child and is not too loud - lucky as there is no volume control. The more you play with the Furby the more English it uses, and the more the child plays with the Furby the more that they are likely to understand what it is saying - "coco" means "again", and "yada yada yada" is easy to understand, the dictionary in the app can fill in any blanks. Some of the phrases are repeated a fair bit, but there's a good deal of variety. The other interest to the Furby is that it will change character depending on how you play with it. Play it music and small paddles on its base allow it to dance in time to the music, turn it upside down and it will giggle. There also appear to be sensors on its head, side and in its tail allowing it to react to being cuddled, petted or having its tail pulled.

Of all the different characters available it seems to be most easy to get what my child calls an "evil" Furby or a silly one. The timbre of the Furby's voice changes - each time it changes its eyelids flutter and it says "me change", and so does the display on its eyelids. In evil mode the Furby burps and farts, whereas as a popstar it says "oh baby" and its eyes flash music notes. My child's favourite character is when her Furby is a high pitched princess who sings, it's quite cute to hear my daughter singing along with her Furby and interacting with it, she really does buy in to it hearing and replying to her. She did get upset the first time that the Furby went into a less desirable character mode, due we think for some rather overenthusiastic feeding, but has now found out that a few cuddles quickly changes Furby to another character, there's no actual way to reset the Furby and taking out the batteries has no effect at all.

The Furby is, as designed quite characterful and moves quite a bit, nodding its head, moving its ears back and forth and opening its mouth to speak and eat, as well as fluttering its eyelashes. You can slightly hear the motors draining those batteries but not to the extent that it is off-putting for a child. The display on the eyes (something that the first Furby didn't have), adds to the interest a lot and again seems to be quite varied and well designed; it really does look like the Furby is moving its eyeballs around or winking, and it quite cute when the eyes display hearts or, in Princess mode, little singing birds. The Furby will interact with other Furbies - this is one feature we haven't had the opportunity to explore as one Furby in the house is quite enough!

Longevity:

We bought this toy thinking that it might not be played with for that long but knowing that it was much wanted. Actually, over the time that we have had it, though play has dropped off, she still plays with him all the time. I think if you have the type of child who loves playing with cuddly toys and has imagination then this is a winner. My eldest child prefers other kinds of play and so is not interested at all - she never really liked dolls that much, so it really does depend on your child's character I think how long the novelty will last. Certainly even my children's older male cousins who are practically teenagers were quite taken by the Furby. For us the Furby hasn't been a five minute wonder and my daughter who owns it loves it.

Overall:

This toy is good, but not as good as it could be. I think Hasbro really should have made the Furby rechargeable and also they've missed a huge trick by there not being an accessories you can buy for it - no hats, clothes or interactive objects - my daughter has plugged the void by making her own, so maybe actually this is no bad thing. At the upper range this is on sale for here if I'm honest it's really not worth it, there's no way I would spend near on 100 on this and feel it good value, at the price we paid, similar to that for a computer game it's OK, just. I still feel a bit annoyed by the lack of charger and the fact that the screws aren't the best quality and I think the rrp should probably be a lot less than it is. For my child though the Furby is magical and despite being much awaited - she made it a house and welcome present before it even arrived - it hasn't disappointed her at all and she has enjoyed playing with it. Her Furby has accompanied her on many a real and virtual adventure and promoted imaginative play, and she loves it, so ultimately I suppose that's the most important thing. Recommended - for the right child and at the right price.

5.0 out of 5 stars You might hate it. Your kids will love it., 19 Sep 2012
D. Amor (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
If you remember the Furbies from the first time round or remember the movie Gremlins then you have a good idea of what this Furby is. This time around he's more fully featured, including expressive LCD eyes and an iPhone app that lets you feed and translate.

My four year old daughter loved it. I wasn't sure if she'd take to it, but the fact that it was 'alive' made her treat it more like a pet than a toy. She's only had it for one evening so far so I can't do a thorough review at this point, but she really seems drawn to the fact that she can nurture it and see results. The iPhone app, while not particularly sophisticated, does a good job of feeding the imagination. I doubt the Furby really prefers if it has a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich or a bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich but my daughter is already convinced of her Furby's dietary preferences.

Parents beware: no off switch.

Good fun.

2.0 out of 5 stars Furby that would not sleep, 23 Oct 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
The Furby I purchased for 47.99 last week would not go to sleep or interact with my Daughter, used 16 batteries in a 30 hour period and had electronic fit when new batteries installed, had to take batteries out in order to stop it and instal them for play again, she was very disappointed overall with her Furby, visited Glasgow's biggest toy store to ask if any had been returned due to a fault and contacted Hasbro customer services regarding Furdy's actions....was told it was defective and to return it which I have but could not get replacement as price has risen by 7.... all shops sold out and only able to order one in,,,,got one for her that was bought for her xmas by a family member worried that there's may have defect too, it seems to be working perfectly so far, I Strongly advise if you have purchased this toy for Xmas to test it before giving it to your child!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars White Furby. The new must have toy., 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
So then this white Furby has arrived. I pre-ordered it for my 5 year old daughter Christmas present not wanting to be unable to get hold of one nearer the time.
Of course I had to test it out before she gets home from school... You know to make sure it works ;-). Furby does work, it's loud. its funny and my daughter is going to love it.!!, Then I realsied there is NO off switch!! ha ha oh dear I think I may have to buy a bulk load of headache tablets.
Furby is now deactivated and hidden until Christmas eve.
My daughter want's a dog for Christmas and firstly I would never buy a five year old an animal for christmas or anyother time!, and secondly we live in an apartment with no garden so this is a no go. The plan is to have Furby in a box all ready to go and on christmas morning for her to open the box and a 'live' Furby to be causing a ruckus in the box.
She is going to be so happy. And the best thing is that I have convinced her that 'Mummy Furby' is growing the baby Furbies in her tummy and they won't be ready until her birthday, so she has NO clue that she is getting this.
Last year she got the Cookie FurReal dog I have to say this is by far a better toy.
Overall First impressions (I never had one as a kid) Furby is very cute and cuddly perfect for my daughter. I just hope that at some point it sleeps!!!
I would prehaps suggst that you do not feed Furby after midnight...

2.0 out of 5 stars My daughter found it boring, 10 Dec 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
Bought this for my kids birthday (shes 6) and it was played with for about a day or two. its now sitting in a corner and there's no interest in it whatsoever. The thing with these is - they arn't really very advanced, they don't really do much apart from babble and wiggle about. I was under the impression (for that price) that they actually did something fun. Im sure some kids like them but I wanted to point out that mine found it really boring. I think for this sort of price there much more reliably fun things

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice toy, a bit pricey though., 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Furby (Toy)
My son likes it a lot. It doesn't seem to learn very easily and we can't figure out how to get it to speak more enlish. It's been 3 months now and it still speaks the same amount of english/furbish that it did two months ago.

The screw-holes for the battery plate should have been metal...the plastic started getting stripped out with the first battery-change. This, even though we were very careful as I had read about this issue with Furbies.

Furby