4.0 out of 5 stars Scan to cloud
An easy to setup and use printer, upgraded from an Epson PX710W which has been a fine printer but a few weeks ago just failed to print anymore, event after much head cleaning and servicing.

The scan to cloud feature is brilliant, as is the ease with which the printer can be integrated to Google cloud print.

Epson Connect is easy to set up via the...
Published 22 months ago by Peter Jupp

1.0 out of 5 stars Epson XP-800 Printer
I bought this printer after some research (however, not from Amazon), and ignored any negative reviews that I'd read on the net.

You may be interested to know (if you don't already) that the automatic document feeder can only feed A4 sheets double sided.

Published 6 months ago by Mr Sensible

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Scan to cloud, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Epson Expression Premium XP 800 Colour Multifunctional Printer (Personal Computers)

Epson Connect is easy to set up via the built in web server - I am on Ubuntu so this too is a bonus. Epson have strong driver support for non-windows users. The Epson windows drivers and utilities all installed and ran on my windows VM too.

WiFi printing as previous model, overall very please but lets see how the ink lasts and whether the heads gum up again.

Ink *very* expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Epson XP-800 Printer, 19 Jun 2014

The display and paper exit tray are motorised, when you start a print (if they're closed) the tray slides out and the control panel hinges up at an angle (about 45 degrees) - 'well cool'!!! BUT - they don't close again - you have to push them back manually, and as some have said in their reviews, pushing them back and hearing the gearing whirring while you're doing it convinces you that something is going to snap very soon!

Anyway, after unpacking the printer and setting it up as per instructions (very easy to set up by the way) I did one black and white and one colour copy on plain A4 paper. The results were very good, in fact I was surprised at how resistant to moisture the ink was. I then printed a 4x7 print using glossy photo paper - and was very pleased with the results. Colours were bright and blacks were black.

Three days later however, I printed two more 4x7 glossy prints and was dismayed to find that they had horizontal streaks. I did three print head test prints and two print head cleaning cycles in between. Yes, the test prints show a problem, each test was slightly better after cleaning but still not correct.

I thought 'how much ink has a few A4 copies, three tiny 4x7 prints and three head cleans used ink-wise?'. Well, a heck of a lot actually. All five cartridges showed that about a third of the ink had been used from each of them already! I had read this in reviews, and that some have had print head problems, but when I bought the printer I ignored the reviews - big mistake. All I could see at the time of purchase was a shiny black case and a sexy touch screen display - irresistible to a geezer like me! (Have you ever seen the film where the bug can't resist the blue light from the bug zapper?).

Anyway, I found the document feeder to be a bit 'hit and miss', especially when scanning double sided, sometimes after scanning the third side it would 'suck' the first sheet back in again causing a jam. Scanning A5 from the feeder (landscape) caused some interesting results - part the the image lengthened down the page, so feeding anything other than pristine A4 documents was a no-no.

To summarise, the potential for this printer was great, however, you have very much let me down Mr Epson, and to be quite frank, has destroyed my faith in Epson products. I now hold them in as much regard as HP and Netgear - which is a big fat zero. I believe all equipment should do exactly what it claims to do - and do it reliably.

I returned the printer after just three days for a refund, which I got without problem.

It's been very disappointing and on top of that I've now got nothing new to play with :(

I really wanted to like this machine but it wouldn't let me...

4.0 out of 5 stars Report on Epson XP 800 All in one Printer, 2 July 2013
S. D. Murray - See all my reviews
I chose this printer on reading Which Magazine review. I am very pleased with it so far but I have found that is a bit inkaholic. I t does everything it is supposed to do . No mechanical device is perfect but I certainly have no regrets in purchasing.
and would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, 29 May 2013
An excellent alround printer capable of producing good photos on photo paper as well as dealing with text documents for printing and coppying on plain paper. resonable footprint provides lots of facilities in the space.

1.0 out of 5 stars Epsom XP-800 What a mistake, 3 July 2013
I bought a new Epsom XP-800 for my business, on connecting it up it was found that it did not print properly, I E-mailed Epsom who advised me to change the black cartridge, which I did at a cost of £27, but it made no difference, Eventually Epsom agreed to send me a new XP800 and at the same time pick up the malfunctioning machine.
A few days later the new machine arrived but with exactly the same problem, and although I spoke with Epsom asking for a refund, as they obviously had a big problem with this product, their reply was that you have no contractual agreement with us, and would have to go back to the original supplier of the first faulty XP-800, to try and get a refund.
My office has been unable to print any documents for the last six days, I have now had to go and buy a HP printer (which is fine), and now spend the time and energy to go back to the original supplier, and try to get a refund, for purchasing an expensive but substandard piece of equipment. Can you believe it two new same model Epsom printers which were not fit for the purpose.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product lousy instructions., 12 May 2013
The product is ,so far ,very good but the software supplied on the cd is difficult to use & was not supplied with any instructions as to how to use it. This proved very frustrating. The PDF manual was not much better & in my opinion is close to useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expression Premium XP 800, 31 May 2014
Bought this printer one week ago and so far I have to say that I rate it quite highly. I was surprised, as there are some negative reviews on this site, so I was a bit uncertain whether this would be a hit or a miss.

Firstly, it took me all of 10 minutes to set up and connect to my laptop (Windows 8.1), my wife's Apple Air, an iPAD and other devices - to summarise this is one of the best printers I have had in a long while in terms of the simplicity in being able to connect wirelessly. My previous printer was a HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw, would frequently loose connectivity and required me to reinstall the software with monotonous regularity in order to print stuff.

Secondly, the print quality is excellent, photos are really crisp and are printed out in seconds - my daughter printed out loads of photos for a collage quickly and efficiently - with my previous printer, she would have had to get me to uninstall and re-install the printer software on her laptop taking an absolute age for the simplest of projects. So print quality is good and you will not spend all weekend getting the thing to connect.

Thirdly, the ink cartridges seem like good value, despite all the prints done this week (500), I seem to have a lot of ink left, and at £13.99 for 15 XL High Capacity Cartridges on Amazon are much better value than the cartridges for the HP LaserJet 100 Color MFP M175nw which cost £38 each! So, compared to other printers this is looking like it will be good value to run.

Finally, I like the compact size, build quality and its quiet operation, But for me I just want a printer that is easy to connect to, make good quality prints, with running costs that are reasonable - so, in summary provided you have similar criteria I would recommend this printer and describe it as a hit.

4.0 out of 5 stars epson expression xp 800, 9 May 2014
M. Bates (stafford) - See all my reviews
I did quite alot of research looking for a printer that had an auto document feed and printed and scanned double sided.

There were quite a few available but the Epson printer had a very small footprint, which suited me better.

Looking at the reviews I wasn't sure as it had quite a number of negative reviews about the black ink cartridge...however I took the plunge and bought one from PC World who were selling it at about £80 less than amazon.

Got it home setting up was very easy, jusdt follow the instructions to the letter including shaking the black ink cartridge 4 or 5 times before installing and make sure you use the set of inks provided.

All went well , very happy with the printer, the only negative is that you only get very basic set up instructions with the printer, for anything else your looking at your pdf on your computer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Black ink printing problem, 18 Sep 2013
I bought an Epson XP 800 two months ago. Right from the off it had intermittent problems in printing in black. Now it won't print anything at all in black. I wasted a lot of money on paper and new ink cartridges before I realised that this is a known and fairly common fault with the machine. PC World insisted on sending it back for repair rather than offering me my money back. I urge you not to buy an XP 800 (or shop at PC World!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its brilliant!, 28 Jun 2013
It does exactly what it says it will do, quickly and at high quality - and you can print wirelessly directly from an iPhone!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›