5.0 out of 5 stars Dubious at first glance, now use this tea as a central part of my pre-bed routine, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Clipper Organic Infusion Sleep Easy 50 Teabags 100 g (Pack of 6) (Grocery)
I ran out of valerian tea a few weeks ago and since it's hard to get locally, I turned to Amazon. While browsing, I found this clipper 'sleep easy' tea for a much better price than Dr. Stuart's valerian. So I decided to give it a go.

I'm so glad I did.

First thing's first: it tastes better than valerian tea. I didn't mind valerian tea that much, but it did taste very savoury and bitter. This clipper tea has a boutique of smells and tastes. I notice the orange taste most, but there's definitely cinnamon and others in there as well. If you drink it hot, it tastes like orange flavoured hot cross buns.

Even then the taste is perhaps a little thin and watery - even if you do as I do, and leave the tea bag in the water right up until drinking the tea. I'd definitely recommend not letting your cuppa get too cold as the flavours seem to suffer then.

But what about the really important question - does it help me sleep?

I was dubious at first. The infusion seems to have a little bit of this and a bit of that, but not a large quantity of anything. Surely I was just being sold a bunch of random, nice-tasting ingredients in a teabag? Does it really help you get to sleep?

I think it does. Of course, in this case I can't scientifically say "absolutely yes it helps me sleep and I can prove it" - I can only go on my experience since starting to drink it.

Since starting to drink the tea about 2 weeks ago, I've noticed that I'm getting off to sleep much more easily than normal. Whereas previously I'd stayed awake for an hour or more most nights before sleep, now I drift off in minutes most nights. And I feel like I have better quality sleep too - although not perfect, I feel more refreshed in the mornings.

I normally only have one mug before bed and it seems to do the trick. I did try two mugs before bed one night, and that really seemed to knock me out.

All in all, I'd really recommend this tea - and in fact have recommended it to some friends already.

If you try it, I hope it helps you sleep better too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good night's sleep, 21 Nov. 2013
Really pleased with this product. It really does work. I have tried many herbal teas and can honestly say this is the best. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tea for night time, 2 Feb. 2014
beautiful taste, and with a spoonful of honey is the perfect bedtime drink. Always difficult to find when I do my online supermarket shop, so ideal to buy in bulk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clipper Organic Infusion Sleep Easy 50 Teabags, 23 Feb. 2014
I use this tea from late afternoon until I go to bed. It has a calming effect that really helps you to get to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing infusion, 29 Nov. 2013
Clipper's products are usually wonderful, but the sleep easy teabags are amazing. I love the flavour, the aroma, the packaging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea, 3 Sept. 2014
Cass (North Devon) - See all my reviews
I love this tea, I have one every night. This is excellent value for money and really helps me get a good night sleep

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great. I am hooked by the taste and have ..., 29 Aug. 2014
These are great. I am hooked by the taste and have ordered time and time again. Both refreshing and calming.

5.0 out of 5 stars A taste of sleep, 29 Dec. 2014
Great infusion with a lovely taste of herbs and cinnamon to warm your evenings up and cuddle you to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
I love this product, arrived quickly and at a great price. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Aug. 2014
I love this tea, drink every day before sleep.