5.0 out of 5 stars Call Me Maybe = the weakest track, maybe?
I loved Call Me Maybe and was certain Carly Rae would be a one hit wonder. How could someone possibly top a song like that?

Published 22 months ago by CSH

1.0 out of 5 stars dont waste your money...
AWFUL, JUST DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GIRL'S RUBBISH!!
IN FACT DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OF HER SONGS!
Published 2 months ago by slydee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Call Me Maybe = the weakest track, maybe?, 17 Sep 2012
CSH (Gravesend) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)

Well, Carly has somehow managed to do that and this album is almost infallible. I love 12 of the songs and will be going into more detail about that shortly. Most importantly, I don't dislike and of the tracks...the deluxe ones aren't as good as the rest, but are still pleasant and, IMO, worth the extra money.

The best tracks for me are This Kiss, Turn Me Up, Hurt So Good and Tonight I'm Getting Over You...these tracks are very similar and a little repetitive, but in a good way. That is what makes them catchy. They are simple songs with a great tune and a great voice...These are club anthems and dance floor extraordinaires.

I also love Your Heart Is A Muscle, which is slower, compared to the fast, loud, brash and sugary sweet other tracks. There are one or two other good, mid-tempo songs but this is my favourite. It is catchy and heartfelt...Normally songs are either one or the other.

There are only a few songs I am not so keen on. Those are currently Beatiful (featuring Jusin Bieber) and the deluxe tracks. The deluxe tracks are good, but they aren't catchy - with the exception of I Know You Have A Girlfriend. As for Beautiful, Carly Rae made one massive mistake...she altered her voice to fit Justin's and, although he is clearly a massive celebrity and great singer, the artist should never change to fit the guest artist. The song felt like Justin's and Carly just didn't fit it. I applaud her ability to work with others, though and this would be an amazing track for Bieber's album.

The only NEGATIVE thing I have to warn you is that it is fast, teen-pop that writes about innocent teenage relationships and crushes. I love that theme and can relate to it, but some of Carly's older fans maybe not appreciate the theme. But, I don't think this is bad...she knows her niche. I am merely warning buyers.

Otherwise, this album is amazing and I find it hard to believe any Carly fans won't love it! Well done, Ms Jepsen!

I love the inclusion of her older singles too; they are great songs and it is certainly good for people who buy CDs as a disc to have a copy of.

5.0 out of 5 stars u dont wanna miss this kiss, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
this a very fun happy poppy alubm its not very cool but who cares if your looking for "dubstep" or "indie" then dont buy this but its so fun happy cheeky and more addictive than choclate! its naughty but nice and amazing to resitst the gulit and give in to the plesuere ps this kiss is a fun sparky fizzy electro-pop song witch is the best song on the alubm!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
I was totally not expecting such a good album but it really is amazing!!! It's Carly's version of 'Teenage Dream' (the album) it's got no fillers whatsoever....apart from that duet with Justin Bieber but it was inevitable that he'd do a duet with her seeing as 'he found her'. It's not a bad song though, I just don't like his voice.

BUY IT. SHE IS NOT A ONE HIT WONDER.

4.0 out of 5 stars kiss, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Kiss (MP3 Download)
I really enjoyed this album. I brought it for my daughter but the easy listening pop is now a favourite of mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen, 20 Oct 2012
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
What a voice!!! I'm enjoying my CD soooooo much!!! I do really hope she's coming to Europe for the Believe Tour

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant., 21 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
Couldn't wait for Carly's new album and I was not disappointed. Not a single song I don't like and that is unusual. She is so easy to listen to, the songs are real catchy and she puts such soul into the love songs. Well worth the money, can't stop listening to it. Brilliant song writer.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont waste your money..., 13 May 2014
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
AWFUL, JUST DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS GIRL'S RUBBISH!!
IN FACT DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON ANY OF HER SONGS!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
really good song and great artist , their music is very good and catchy love it love it love love

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs fit to dance to! :-), 19 April 2014
This review is from: Kiss (MP3 Download)
If you need cheering up then this is the album for you. This album is another one which I have downloaded onto my mp3 player and I listen to it most nights before I go to sleep on a night. Something to stop me thinking about work in the morning. If you love dancey tunes or are in fact a fan of hers then this dvd is for you.

Usually when I buy an album there are a couple of tracks that I dont like but this dvd appeals to me as there dancey ones and slow ones. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Kiss (Audio CD)
Really good CD and has songs not played on the radio which are great to listen to in the car.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kiss
Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen (Audio CD - 2012)