4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Published 19 months ago by The Uprising DJ

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me
Published 2 months ago by Anonymous123

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (PS4/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Xbox One) (Accessory)
I personally love the Roxio GameCap HD PRO, It is really easy to use and set up. When you plug your roxio in for the first time and insert the CD provided the sofware is so easy to download. If it comes up with an error while trying to launch edit and share,all you have to do to fix it is download a newer version of direct x. it is really simple to set up to a Twitch.tv acount aswell as all you need to so is put in your log in details. The Reason i gave this product a 4/5* review was because i was un aware that you have to buy the HDMI cables for it if you want to use HD, if you want to use SD you have to buy cables aswell. But overall i love this product and all the great features it comes with such as all the customization in the edit section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 31 Jan 2013
Thought I'd wait a couple months after buying it to decide to write a review, so I could get a good feel for how it is.

I had previously owned a Hauppauge, and was extremely happy with that product. The reason I got rid of it was because I was moving and getting married, and I wasn't sure how much time I would have to record gameplay.

After things settled down, I felt the itch to get back into making videos, and needing something to get started. After reading some iffy reviews, I decided to take a chance when it went on sale for a nice price (40 - 50 less than its competition).

The setup is very straight forward. I have both an Xbox and a PS3, and I am able to have both plugged in (PS3 with component, Xbox with HDMI)

The capture software is easy to use. I've had a couple of captures fail on me, but it isn't very often. I had an issue where the preview screen wasn't displaying properly. That was fixed by resetting my video card setting to default, and everything has run smooth since that.

While the editing software that comes with it isn't the best out there, it does the job and will give you a chance to post good quality videos without breaking your wallet.

All in all, very happy with this purchase. The only one I'm even tempted to switch to is the Elgato, but that is only so that if I'm not recording something, I can go back and capture it. That's more of a software thing rather than a capture card thing though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, 25 Jan 2013
This is the best product out there for the price for sure, it can record 1080p/i and works with HDMI or component cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Capture Solution ROXIO Game Capture HD PRO, 5 Dec 2012
Mr. DAVID HAY "Kusanagi" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro Review

I have used this Roxio Product for little over a week now, and have been pleasantly surprised by how well it performs in comparison to other capture solutions I have used, namely the Hauppage HD-PVR and the earlier Roxio offering, the Roxio Gamecap.

Inside the box, you'll find the HD pro Card, a Disc with bundled Roxio Videowave Software and Drivers, and a USB Printer cable, for connecting to your laptop or PC. (You will also need a component cable if using the PS3, as HDMI is unsupported by the HD Pro, though for Xbox 360, you can use either)

Taking the capture card from the simple packaging, I immediately noticed how light and compact it is, almost the same as the previous card at 159g.

Installing the bundled software and registering the Capture Card took about 25 minutes, as Windows was required to uninstall the previous Roxio Components and Software before proceeding with the new software installation. Once installed, and with the cap card attached to our system, we were ready to get on with checking this cards performance.

It's small form factor is perfect for my own setup, where space is at a premium, my experiences with the HD PVR from Hauppage was anything but as simple as this, with me having to worry about superfluous heat from the PVR and the extra power connector and plug socket was a real pain.. so in that respect the Roxio HD Pro is already miles out in front!

Down to the nitty gritty then, The card generates a small amount of warmth while recording, which is expected, but it otherwise works away happily with no problem. The capture software allows you to adjust the quality of your recording using a simple slider, there is also a drop down menu for the input method (HDMI or Component) alongside other options such as brightness, contrast and the location where you can find your recorded videos. The options selection also lets you set or change hotkeys used for recording.. a handy feature if you don't want to have your capture screen up all the time while recording. (or if like me you use a single screen with multiple outputs)

The uppermost quality of the recordings you get (aside from the slider) is dependent on three factors,

1) the original input resolution, 480p, 720p and 1080i or 1080p,

2) Your PC or laptops processing ability (CPU)

3) and the amount of HDD space available on your hard disk, as the higher quality = more space needed

I'm using an Overclocked i5 Sandybridge CPU @ 3.5 ghz with 8gb of DDR3 memory running at 1600mhz, so I set the slider to maximum quality and left all other settings untouched..

The quality obtained was impressive, and definitely comparable to that of the HD PVR, with all recordings set to output to a M2TS format video file (Same as Arcsoft Showbiz for the HD PVR) which can be converted to AVI, MP4 or WMV by Videowave, though this does impact on the quality of the conversion.. other programs can be found for converting M2TS files for use with other video editing software such as Sony Vegas Pro or After Effects.

Editing using Roxio Videowave

After loading the captured M2TS file onto Roxio Videowave I was greeted by the familiar GUI style of the previous incarnation, glad to see they didn't change too much! The software even remembers your pre set and saved Text styles and configurations from the previous Videowave installation, which is most impressive! New features include a speed changer, somewhat similar to Twixtor, which can slow down a section of video to suit your needs! A nice touch.

The software is simple to use as ever, and offers a variety of transitions, text styles and colour correction options for use with your edits, as well as the option for adding voiceover tracks or music to your videos. Although some will find it lacks the finesse and attention to detail that Sony Vegas 11 has, I would still vaunt this software for what it is... Dependable, easy to use and far less expensive than Vegas is at over 300 per license!!

Conclusion

All in all, I'd say the ROXIO HD PRO has all the features to be a truly great capture solution for gamers, offering:

Brilliant HD videos, via Component or HDMI
Simple and Quick Editing Software,
Online Streaming Capabilities
Small Form Factor
USB 2.0 Power & Data (no external power needed)

Currently available for 94.99 from Amazon.co.uk, compared to 124.89 for the Hauppage HD PVR 2, 124.72 for the Elgato Game Capture HD, and 134.64 for the AverMedia Game Capture HD.

Thanks to Daniel at Corel for the opportunity to review this fine card.

Test video can be found on Youtube Channel Uberzeal - look for MP7 feeding time and you've been grizzed #23

4.0 out of 5 stars What I expected in terms of the objective but the software is not very stable, 29 Dec 2012
The image quality and sound quality are perfect. Setup with my Xbox 360 was very easy and I got it to working immediately but I have not got it to work with my PS3. It works fine with the HDMI cable but since the PS3 is not supported due to its HDMI enconding being protected, I had to use a component cable. Because of this I only got a blue image on my TV and PC with my PS3. The Xbox 360 on the other hand works perfect. The image is clear and video lag to the PC is very small.
You have to get this cables yourself as they are not included.
The software included is not very stable however, with constant slowdowns and crashes. The streaming options are also very confusing and I could not stream to Twitch TV properly as the lag is enormous.
Overall I'm happy that I can capture games on my 360 and upload them to Youtube with great quality but I would prefer to stream them. I would also like to get the PS3 capture to work but it is much more complicated.
As for the software I'm happy to know that Xsplit is creating drivers with Roxio in order for users to use this with Xsplit which is more stable and allows you to input your voice commentary into the videos on the go instead of post capture or only for livestreaming as Roxio's software does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully working, 1 Jun 2014
Working without any problems. My laptop was strugling with hd pvr now there is no problem. Working fine with ps4

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent, 27 May 2014
Brilliant item. Well worth buying. My son loved it, he can share with all his mates and you tube followers

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 25 Jun 2014
I really thought that this capture card would be good, but I have to say that it was very much the opposite. I set up the capture card properly, and installed the software properly too, but suffered lots of lag whilst trying to record my gaming videos. I spent the whole of yesterday and today researching on how to stop the lag, and have still not found a solution. I can only say that I wasted my own time by buying this item, and can also say that I am going to get a refund, and buy a better capture card. My advise to you people would be not to buy this item unless your computer meets the system requirements, and that you have a good internet connection.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product but excellent customer service from Amazon, 6 Feb 2014
My son had the non HD version which he was happy with but having got the Wii U he wanted the HD version. First one I received didn't pass video to PC and gave me an electric shock. Amazon very promptly delivered a replacement. However, while this one did capture video it lost synchronisation between the video and audio. I have to say Amazon were fantastic in the return process and readily refunded me. I've now ordered the Elgato - hope that works better. So poor product from Roxio but excellent customer service from Amazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't quite decide whether to give it 3 or 4 stars..., 5 Jan 2013
K. Harrington (UK) - See all my reviews
Ok, I bought this for my teenage son as it was on offer and so much cheaper than the alternatives. I read reviews of this and it's two nearest competitors and was really torn. In the end it was the price that decided it for me. I knew from the start that for a PS3 you couldn't use HD leads so was prepared to get the component lead to connect the PS3 to the Roxio. However, the instructions said that you could connect the Roxio to the TV with a HD lead and I tried with two different TVs and two different leads and it didn't work so I had to buy ANOTHER component cable to connect the Roxio to the TV. Then it worked, straight away. I think my son is pleased with it. He has moaned about it making the computer crash sometimes, especially if more than one program is open, though I am 99% certain that the computer meets the requirements to run the program.

So, yes, it works but it was a lot of hassle. Maybe better for Xbox 360. Perhaps PS3 users should consider alternatives?

Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (PS4/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Xbox One)
Roxio Game Capture HD Pro (PS4/PS3/Wii/Xbox 360/Xbox One) by Roxio (Nintendo Wii, PlayStation 3, Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP, Xbox 360 / One)
89.11