on 18 December 2012
There are some big names and some very good tracks but it has been poorly put together and the volume from track to track varies wildly , meaning if you listen to it as an album you have to constantly change the volume. Also some of these tracks are pretty old and the sound quality is poor. Probably worth £2.59, but not much more
on 18 December 2012
A very good collection of Blues tracks from the 'masters' of Blues.
Most defiinately worth the money.
One happy but 'blue' customer
on 2 April 2013
I came to this collection via a musical journey that started in heavy metal. As my tastes expanded it took in Clapton and Hendrix which led me to Hendrix's blues album which led me to want to hear much much more. This collection is perfect, 100 'essential' songs for £2.50 - works out at 2.5p per track! This has let me sample lots of different artists and styles so I can go out and get even more music. Note some of the tracks are not the best quality but all are of an adequate quality
VINE VOICEon 30 April 2013
These are good quality, great value recordings. There are several performers here who I have never come across. This is a good introduction to the genre. Theres a huge variety of performances here, but all are real blues no trace of rock and roll.
I thoroughly enjoyed this in 2 sittings and will return to it many times. Contrary to the advice on the website, I managed to download all of this to my Kindle in one go. Cant remember how I did it but its definitely there.
on 28 January 2013
its ok some poor sound quality but that is what was recorded in those early days ,just expanding my blues
on 10 September 2014
There are some good tracks here, and some not so good, but it is let down - add others have said - by wide variations in recording volume that see me have to constantly adjust the volume. If a CD is available then a ripping program should be able to normalised the volume, but I went for the digital download and will have to find a program to do this for the MP3s.
on 7 March 2013
Most tracks on this are OK but some are of really poor sound quality. I am all for realism but some tracks on here sound as though they have been dragged through the archive not from it.

Overall good but far from perfect!
on 13 July 2013
If you are a fan of original blues you must have this album. All the old classics are on here and sme I've never heard before. The mix of performers and styles keeps you interested. Such value for money for 100 tracks.
on 15 March 2013
A fair selection of tracks, some classics, some less well known. Great value. The only complaint is with the recording levels of the tracks which is variable, but can be sorted with a bit of editing.
on 1 February 2013
Really worthwhile and fabulous value for these classics. It's obvious to say not all the recording is going to be as clear as digital stuff, but stll wonderful to listen to. Dowloaded perfectly.