5.0 out of 5 stars 1846 seconds of pure pop, 20 Jan 2013
D. SPENCER "Calm As Custard" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Special (Audio CD)
More often than not, quality is the victim of quantity, and with a welter of albums under his svelte Welsh belt, one had to wonder whether Euros' grip on quality control could match his prolific output. Thankfully, Summer Special is a belter of a pop album, meeting all the pop criteria. It's short (just over 30 minutes), it brims with melodies and it provides a breezy, lilting musical high to beat the mid-winter blues. Tracks like 'Be Be High', 'I'm Seeing Her Tonight' and 'Clap A Chan' are out and out pop gems. Whilst 'These Dreams of You' is possibly one of the most achingly beautiful paeans to love committed to high fidelity disc. If you love Keybpards; soaring melodies; and, um, the roogie boogie, then make Summer Special your all year round special.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prolific Euros delivers a summer peach, 19 Dec 2012
This review is from: Summer Special (Audio CD)
I'm not sure what it is about Euros Childs that keeps me trawling further into his back catalog, all I know is this makes me smile widely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a little sand between your toes..., 28 May 2013
This review is from: Summer Special (Audio CD)
Quite simply my favourite album of 2012.

Reminds me of school summer holidays in the 70s, with stuff like Sailor and First Class on the radio. I can hear similarities in Euros' delivery to Jake Thackray, but these are pure pop songs.

Favourite tracks: 'I'm Seeing Her Tonight' / 'Painting Pictures Of You' / 'That Good Old Fashioned Feeling' / 'Good Feeling' ... hang on; I'll quote the whole album this rate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 25 Feb 2013
This review is from: Summer Special (Audio CD)
Perfect piece of pop music, every track could be a radio friendly single in it's own right. A feel good summer album I cycled round Richmond park with this in my ears and a constant smile on my face.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Draw!, 10 Dec 2012
Martin Short - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Special (Audio CD)
I'm going to stick my neck and say that this is Euro's best solo LP to date. That is all!

Summer Special
Summer Special by Euros Childs (Audio CD - 2012)