on 28 August 2012
This is an excellent brief introduction to fly fishing for absolute beginners like me. The author's knowledge and enthusiasm come over very clearly, and leave the appetite sharpened for finding out more about the subject, and even picking up a rod and having a go. It's let down by not having been edited: it's littered with punctuation and spelling errors, and sentences which take several readings to understand. Don't let that put you off: it's a gift at the price.
on 1 April 2013
I like the way the author explains fly fishing as if he's actually talking to you in person. Easy to follow, easy to read and understand. I really like this book. It has helped me no end. Guess what I caught my first fresh water fish, a lovely little brown trout. Not massive but it's a start. So thank you Mr Isherwood.
on 5 November 2013
Not bad but then I know so little about fly fishing any book would help. I have the Kindle version the pictures are not klear on my kindle.
on 7 March 2015
I found this book almost unreadable. The random use of apostrophes (fly's/flies occur randomly as the plural), tortuous and clumsy sentence structure, non-sequiturs and stream of consciousness style make the reading a halting and stumbling experience. A good editor would improve it hugely.
on 23 January 2015
a really good introduction to fly fishing for the complete novice.