5.0 out of 5 stars A fun mystery, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Rules of Lying (Jane Dough Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't sure there was a mystery for the first half (there is), but the laughs and characters kept me from putting the book down. Has me looking at my own family aggravations with humor now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle book, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rules of Lying (Jane Dough Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
definately worth a 5 star rating excellent book didn't want to put it down, can't wait for the next book, would recommend to all

4.0 out of 5 stars quick light reading, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rules of Lying (Jane Dough Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
this is a really good light hearted book I couldn't put down. it's a book you can get into the characters and feel the same as them

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny Moments, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Rules of Lying (Jane Dough Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I had really enjoyed Ms Smiths historical romance Duke of Deception and was looking forward to the next, however, this doesn’t appear to be available on Kindle yet but I will watch out for it. I thought in the meantime I would read one of her contemporary works instead.

I much prefer historical romance and prefer a third person narrative. Rules of Lying is written in the first person and if you don’t mind that then you will find yourself being amused and frustrated by the heroine, Jane, who I feel is a much more intelligent lady than as she was sometimes portrayed.

I felt the stories which were there to give the reader a feel for the relationships between the characters became a little long at times.

That said, if you enjoy a murder mystery, a couple of hunky heroes and a first person narrative, give it a try. For myself I feel I prefer to stick to looking out for more of Ms Smiths historical work.